Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

If I were to advise you the first thing I'd say was to get the environment dialed in. Everything works better in a good environment. Subcool's soils, mine, hydro....proper temps and humidity are more important than any soil recipe or additive. Nothing will improve your produce more than a proper environment.

You're not growing the best you can without a good environment. Period.

The reason I suggested high calcium limestone is because your soil has a tremendous amount of organic material in it, which tends to lower soil Ph. Adding the limestone will not only give you a source of calcium, but will also stabilize pH.

I agree with you on all levels, I have a very small area in which I grow, that makes it difficult to have to perfect environment. But I will take your advice and continue making it more controllable in all areas. I too think it's a great idea with the high calcium limestone. I have been searching the net to find the best possible. I don't really know what I'm looking for except the words high calcium limestone. Any brands you recommend I will buy. You are the man BTW, I literally need a napkin to catch the drool as I look over your produce. Just outa this world man! Keep up the great work and thank again, I know you are very busy.

I wish I was capable of answering this question myself as its pretty easy to find the constituent ingredients in the DB foliar and rejuvenate nutes but finding out what is in each AN bottle is next to impossible.

I'll have to check the bottles when I'm in the garden later.

I know I have humic and fulvic acid, I know that I have a kelp based nute, I believe there is a bottle with fish hydrosylates, as well I know that the sense Cal mag has calcium (not sure which form) but most of these nutes have nitrogen in every bottle...

It has very little to do with NPK. It has much more to do with minerals.

My soil is such that without microbial action, plants won't grow very well. In contrast, AN nutrients work well in a sterile environment.

The action of absorption is radically different between the two. If you just try to duplicate the NPK of my products you'll have a sick plant that likely won't get to harvest.

High Brix is about minerals and microbes. NPK has little to do with it.

I agree with you on all levels, I have a very small area in which I grow, that makes it difficult to have to perfect environment. But I will take your advice and continue making it more controllable in all areas. I too think it's a great idea with the high calcium limestone. I have been searching the net to find the best possible. I don't really know what I'm looking for except the words high calcium limestone. Any brands you recommend I will buy. You are the man BTW, I literally need a napkin to catch the drool as I look over your produce. Just outa this world man! Keep up the great work and thank again, I know you are very busy.

If you can't get it at a garden shop, you could look at field marking chalk. You want more than 90% calcium.

DO NOT USE DOLOMITE.

Just gives you the warm and fuzzies coming in here and seeing something like that. Truly here to better the entire community. Thanks for being you Doc.

Yes, indeed...a never ending source of wisdom , among other things! I believe, all who join this DBHBB group are very fortunate to have come across him and will certainly not look back , as far as how they wanna grow their produce.:Namaste:

anyone have any experience with clones taking during early flowering? I can not get a purple kush to revert to veg and it was taken as a clone at least a month ago and planted. It's still shooting pistils under a 16/8 schedule.

anyone have any experience with clones taking during early flowering? I can not get a purple kush to revert to veg and it was taken as a clone at least a month ago and planted. It's still shooting pistils under a 16/8 schedule.

Hey Boogs,...ya man, i tried it two or three times lately , just as bloom was starting and same result as you! They didn't make it while under 18/6. But , i gotta tell ya brotha, i'm not good at that anyhow, as i've never really gone there, seriously. Best thing is to just take cuttings at the last pre-bloom pruning session and keep track of what plant. You know that already ....cheers Boogs.

It has very little to do with NPK. It has much more to do with minerals.

My soil is such that without microbial action, plants won't grow very well. In contrast, AN nutrients work well in a sterile environment.

The action of absorption is radically different between the two. If you just try to duplicate the NPK of my products you'll have a sick plant that likely won't get to harvest.

High Brix is about minerals and microbes. NPK has little to do with it.

I definitely don't want to try and disagree with you because it's clear to that you are extensively knowledgeable on the subject, but with that said,

Are the soil organisms present in the Advanced Nutrient supplements tarantula, piranha and voodoo juice really that much different than the microorganisms naturally occurring in the soils created according to your directions?

I definitely don't want to try and disagree with you because it's clear to that you are extensively knowledgeable on the subject, but with that said,

Are the soil organisms present in the Advanced Nutrient supplements tarantula, piranha and voodoo juice really that much different than the microorganisms naturally occurring in the soils created according to your directions?

Yes. They are quite different for sure. For starters, mine are born and bred to eat rocks.

Hey Brixers, coming up on Cat Drench time and I wanted to get some guidance. From the pics, is it time?

-Been in 12/12 for 22 days now
-Trichs just showed up in the last two days
-Last watering on the 21st was a GE drench
-Plant is 7 months old, in an 18 gallon pot
-Brix level is low, last reading was 7 unfortunately

DSC_4746.JPG

DSC_4745.JPG

Also, these tallest, center-most upper leaves look a little yellow or actually, sort of gold. I think they got a little close to the Mars 1600? I raised it a few more inches to the highest I can get it to go. Thoughts?
DSC_4748.JPG

That's a great shot of the fading pattern! You can clearly see the footprint of the panel. In a sense, the panel is too close, but only because the plants can't handle that level of photosynthesis. Brix is 7 ... ?? :straightface: Sumpins wrong. I see a lot of purple petioles and veins, too. What has your foliar schedule been like? Posture is great, leaf shape and texture look good ... :hmmmm: ...

I'd wait another week for the Cat unless it's a fast finisher. What's the strain and how long does it run?

If you can't get it at a garden shop, you could look at field marking chalk. You want more than 90% calcium.

DO NOT USE DOLOMITE.

Back to pick your brain again!
What about this one? is this the stuff? Amazon: 10 Pounds - Calcium Carbonate - Limestone Powder - Rock Dust - Great Soil Amendment and Fertilizer with Endless Uses

What about price? is this too high? All I can find in town is made from dolomite lime so i'll have to order it or eventually find someone local that has what i need. Damn small city...

Hey Brixers, coming up on Cat Drench time and I wanted to get some guidance. From the pics, is it time?

-Been in 12/12 for 22 days now
-Trichs just showed up in the last two days
-Last watering on the 21st was a GE drench
-Plant is 7 months old, in an 18 gallon pot
-Brix level is low, last reading was 7 unfortunately

DSC_4746.JPG

DSC_4745.JPG

Also, these tallest, center-most upper leaves look a little yellow or actually, sort of gold. I think they got a little close to the Mars 1600? I raised it a few more inches to the highest I can get it to go. Thoughts?
DSC_4748.JPG

I'd do a rescue drench on those. It looks like a combination of what Graytail is saying below, and overall light feeding. When you think they'll need water in 2 days, spray with DeStress. Follow up with rescue drench, then a good watering and THEN the Cat Drench.

That's a great shot of the fading pattern! You can clearly see the footprint of the panel. In a sense, the panel is too close, but only because the plants can't handle that level of photosynthesis. Brix is 7 ... ?? :straightface: Sumpins wrong. I see a lot of purple petioles and veins, too. What has your foliar schedule been like? Posture is great, leaf shape and texture look good ... :hmmmm: ...

I'd wait another week for the Cat unless it's a fast finisher. What's the strain and how long does it run?

Great advice and insight, GT.

Back to pick your brain again!
What about this one? is this the stuff? Amazon: 10 Pounds - Calcium Carbonate - Limestone Powder - Rock Dust - Great Soil Amendment and Fertilizer with Endless Uses

What about price? is this too high? All I can find in town is made from dolomite lime so i'll have to order it or eventually find someone local that has what i need. Damn small city...

Yep that will work.

Back
Top Bottom