Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

By itself, C02 doesn't really stress the plant....but with higher temps, more light and foliar feeding it's like putting the accelerator to the floor on a downhill stretch. The Co2 is needed if the plant is going to handle the extra light and higher temps. The foliar feeding revs it up even more.

That's why resin.

What temps do you recommend when using c02? I'm guessing I would have to raise my RH% too. I run it pretty low plus my temps.

About an hour before harvest:

16908516_384250575277306_6766921017244778496_n.jpg

So many trichomes .....

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If the petioles are purple and you have taco....it can be magnesium.

If they're purple and no taco....low temps in the soil is effecting phosphorus uptake.....in this case, don't add P....get the soil temps right.

OR

The plants are blooming so furiously due to an overabundance of light that they need more phosphorus in order to truck all the nutrition around in the plant.

The plants translocate nutrients as phosphates...so they need phosphorus, which is the main component in the Brix spray.

Hey doc, how about petioles that are green on bottom side and purple on top.....I couldnt get a good pic, lights are on, no taco either...... Anyway great info these last few pages......:passitleft:

If the petioles are purple and you have taco....it can be magnesium.

If they're purple and no taco....low temps in the soil is effecting phosphorus uptake.....in this case, don't add P....get the soil temps right.

OR

The plants are blooming so furiously due to an overabundance of light that they need more phosphorus in order to truck all the nutrition around in the plant.

The plants translocate nutrients as phosphates...so they need phosphorus, which is the main component in the Brix spray.

Awesome, Thank you! Ive got the purpling but no taco... just very nice dark green leaves with the purple petioles. Ill see about getting my soil temps up first thing, see if that seems to help. So you don't think any strains should have this? If they do it is indeed having problems?Thank you again!

Hey Doc, what do you think about adding a 2nd dose of recharge for 16 weeks strains? I usually add the recharge around week 4 now, that should be good enough for a 10-12 week strain but I feel like the longer strains could use a boost the last month. Maybe hit it again around week 9 or 10?

Sent from my SM-N910P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Doc, what do you think about adding a 2nd dose of recharge for 16 weeks strains? I usually add the recharge around week 4 now, that should be good enough for a 10-12 week strain but I feel like the longer strains could use a boost the last month. Maybe hit it again around week 9 or 10?

Sent from my SM-N910P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

ABsolutely add more recharge. For sure. Right around week 10.

I have a gratuitous post for a new Brix journal! I am going to use OG drench and WA10x, additives that I have not used yet, so questions shall abound in the future within the Brix Community. I also bought a new camera a while back, even tho I have no macro lens I can zoom and create macro shots! I will regurgitate a photo taken yesterday as to why I am using the kit.

DSC0055914.jpg

Gaffles Grow

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks Mag7
Amazing video. This is the future. There ain't nobody round here like this. Could it be me. Doc your kit goes hand in hand with this. Terpene development and trichome are what I see when I view the people that use your kit. Maybe I shouldn't use the word kit. I'm in still waiting for money but I'm in man
Promise

Why do people bend their plants?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mornin Rooster. We bend and Supercrop our plants to keep the canopy nice and even for better light distribution as Budley says. If a top or 'leader' gets too far ahead of the others we pinch (Supercrop) them to give the others time to catch up. This also encourages side branching to give the plants more of a 'bush' look to them and increases yield as it encourages new bud sites and thickening of branches.(take a quick look at my Double Berry's in my journal) It's all good and most of us practice these lil cultivation tricks. Have a great day Rooster and a big warm welcome to this neighborhood! It's a very cool place to chill and learn tons on how to cultivate for maximum health and yield!:) Cheers Rooster and 'gang':circle-of-love:

Awesome, Thank you! Ive got the purpling but no taco... just very nice dark green leaves with the purple petioles. Ill see about getting my soil temps up first thing, see if that seems to help. So you don't think any strains should have this? If they do it is indeed having problems?Thank you again!

What I notice is that in veg and early bloom, pretty much every strain should have green petioles. In late bloom, when the plant is starting to digest fan leaves, they often go purple, but hopefully the leaves stay green.

The difference between good and great is often a couple degrees.....basically we're talking night temps in the high 60's to 70 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom