Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Could be a trait of the strain...? Also, did you top, if so did you top more than once? I had one, Coked out Girl Scout, that I topped a couple times and it was very viney, stems were long, thin and weak. Some strains don't like being topped more than once.

GE is good for strong stems. Maybe feed the GEs strong...?

Weak stems are one of the symptoms of a calcium/magnesium misbalance, specifically too little calcium. That's unlikely in HB soil, but the microbes can get out of sync and cause a similar issue.

Or it's strain related - some strains need a hydro environment.

I found that my DevilsCarnivals often have saggy leaf tips - I've never determined why. I think it's a soil moisture issue. They seem to be sensitive to wet feet? :hmmmm:

Hey Gray! So do you think Blazes issue above with his DCs is the same?

That was my first thought. :) I thought "Aha! Same as mine." I think it's a strain thing, but I don't know how to fix it.

Well it's not a strain thing as these have grown better before this run. Might have used the soil too long. Anyway will feed them a little calcium bath salts next time in addition to rest. Soil has been replaced already for new plants so that wont be an issue again I hope...
Thanks for the suggestions.

Hey doc I jus had a question about my devils carnival clones. They are folding and curling dwn and was wondering why are they doing tht any ideas?

Are those in Kit soil?
If so, is it possible they're getting to much breeze from the fan?
If not, is it possible you're giving too much Nitrogen? (it doesn't look like N toxicity from the color, but leaf curling down is a symptom!)

Well it's not a strain thing as these have grown better before this run. Might have used the soil too long. Anyway will feed them a little calcium bath salts next time in addition to rest. Soil has been replaced already for new plants so that wont be an issue again I hope...
Thanks for the suggestions.

Please do NOT give them bath salts! NO!!!!! A strong GE drench will provide plenty of calcium. In the meantime, look to how many runs are on the soil, watering tech, and environment.

Like others have said, some strains just do that unless they're in hydro....they have weak root systems due to breeding.

Please don't add bath salts.

Are those in Kit soil?
If so, is it possible they're getting to much breeze from the fan?
If not, is it possible you're giving too much Nitrogen? (it doesn't look like N toxicity from the color, but leaf curling down is a symptom!)

Ok so yes they are in kit soil. An I dont think it's from the fan since they arent even moving much cause the fan is on the other side of the grow area. But if it's a N toxicity how would I have done it cause I've been going off the chart or the bottles instructions. All except one time I did a leaf wash where I did half the amount to make jus enough for a half quart of ro water. An I burned a few leaves but did get rid of the spidermites lol. But since then I've been making my sprays by the quart n jus toss the rest left over and it's been working just fine and I havent had to use the leaf wash any more. So not fully sure it's a n toxicity but if it was what would I do to correct the issue?

Ok so yes they are in kit soil. An I dont think it's from the fan since they arent even moving much cause the fan is on the other side of the grow area. But if it's a N toxicity how would I have done it cause I've been going off the chart or the bottles instructions. All except one time I did a leaf wash where I did half the amount to make jus enough for a half quart of ro water. An I burned a few leaves but did get rid of the spidermites lol. But since then I've been making my sprays by the quart n jus toss the rest left over and it's been working just fine and I havent had to use the leaf wash any more. So not fully sure it's a n toxicity but if it was what would I do to correct the issue?

It's not a N toxicity in kit soil. What are the temps/RH?

Leaving them alone is always an option.....they may very well straighten right out. They're healthy in every visual respect except a bit of downturned leaves. Leave 'em be and concentrate on the environment, watering tech, etc.

Neiko thank you man!
I would like to ask what are the signals your plant needs destress? Brix? You spraying brix every 7-10 days? If you have a plant that looks less than awesome are you hitting it with destress daily?
I know it’s a lot I’m trying to understand what the foliars do so I can understand when the plants need them.
I was under the impression that destress calls for nutrients from the soil and feeds the vegetation. Brick feeds the soil? Am I even close? :thanks:

Hi Doc and fellow brixers. I quoted myself as it was suggested I pose this series of questions to a larger audience than my grow journal. As you can see I am very new to the kit. I am also very new to foliar application of any kind really. I do have a spray bottle that puts out a very fine mist. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Doc and fellow brixers. I quoted myself as it was suggested I pose this series of questions to a larger audience than my grow journal. As you can see I am very new to the kit. I am also very new to foliar application of any kind really. I do have a spray bottle that puts out a very fine mist. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Archie,

I missed the first time you posted this. Sorry about that.

Brix should be used every week on First Run soil, every 10 days on Second Run, and every 2 weeks on Third Run soil. Those are guidelines....obviously there can be other factors at play, but if things are going normally, that's how it should be done.

DeStress should never be sprayed daily......a couple times a week if you're dealing with heat stress, etc. I haven't sprayed Destress much in a couple years, until I almost lost all my veg plants do to them being in the dark for 2.5 days. I sprayed DeStress twice on them since.

UPDATE: It appears that i've managed to save all the strains. new growth is perfect and I've been taking clones.

Back
Top Bottom