Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds

You won’t look back
"Learn how to walk and don't look back!" Stones song right? Now that I started it I see the signals the plant is having now. Very close apical races make it interesting!
Highya SO,

Glad you and the missus made it hame okay! What a wonderful surprise to have all the ladies looking superb upon arrival!! I agree, your daughter knows something wonderful about men, picking good ones! Ladies are gorgeous as always. The quads have a fine start. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! Yep when I look at him I see the scary things in me. Kind of eerie but a lot of fun to hang with I have to say!
But we both already know the result ;) Success, I say.
…Just had to say it so can jump in xD
Fear not success!
Looking good there SOSO!

You tent is bursting. And those haircuts look right snazzy.
Haha, I haven't heard snazzy in ages Tra! And like me, it's usually late when I get em cut but when I do it's a full monte!
1st time quadlining? That could be in my future. I possibly could be paying some close attention around here. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thought I'd see how they fit in the 3 x 3 quad style, more up than out hopefully. It's gelling up so far.
Glad you and the Mrs. had a safe trip - nothing like coming home (as much as I like going away, I have issues with NEST SMELLS - I cant sleep well away from he!).

Your gals look great (as always) … love that quadlining (sure wish autos would accept more than just gentle lst).
Wherever I go I have a homing signal that kicks in when the journey home nears. It gets stronger by the minute as time gets closer too. The foliage was stunning the whole trip too!
Nice job, SO!

It's hard to tell from the pics but generally you want a slight upward angle to the branches. One of the pics makes it look like it may dip down a bit after the middle. If so, just ease up slightly on the tie. Otherwise the plant gets confused as to which is the dominant bud.

I sunk the top pair down to meet the lower for an early apical equality affect. Think that's confusing?
I thought the idea what that none of the original tops are the dominant bud. That's what will generate all the new growth on the inside.
That's what I was thinking.
Man ! Those roots!
:thumb:

[/rubbinghandstogether] The flip to flower is where those quads will make your brown eyes blue....or blue eyes brown....

You get the idea. :straightface:
Hehe, brown eyes blue. Yikes! I haven't thought of flip yet! Was thinking to go up to a 5 or 7 gallon from the 3. Will I have time in maybe 2+ weeks to do so? And will it be worth it? I never flowered in a 3 before.
I agree, I have root envy:drool:
Those are exceptional! I'd do a test with and without @DYNOMYCO but I can't stop using it! I think it's really upped the root mass in my tent.

Hehe, brown eyes blue. Yikes! I haven't thought of flip yet! Was thinking to go up to a 5 or 7 gallon from the 3. Will I have time in maybe 2+ weeks to do so? And will it be worth it? I never flowered in a 3 before.
Once they are trained to the outside of the pot and you let them turn skyward for 2 or 3 inches...thats when i like to flip them.

I don't think you will need larger pots than what they are in.

Unless you plan on vegging another 2 months, it won't be worth it imo.

Glad you made it home safely, SO! :circle-of-love: Your tent looks great and please give the FSIL kudos from us as well. So when is the big day to remove the "F"?

Once they are trained to the outside of the pot and you let them turn skyward for 2 or 3 inches...thats when i like to flip them.

I don't think you will need larger pots than what they are in.

Unless you plan on vegging another 2 months, it won't be worth it imo.
Sooner than later I can dig brother! So away we go!
Glad you made it home safely, SO! :circle-of-love: Your tent looks great and please give the FSIL kudos from us as well. So when is the big day to remove the "F"?
I will! And we don't go there. As long as my daughter has a smile on her face I'm good.

My understanding from the originator @Asesino85 and from @Dutchman1990 was that you wanted to maintain the slight 10-20 degree upward angle to the branches keep the hormones flowing, rather than allowing a dip.

Not sure where "flat to make the bud sites all equal height" fits in, but your reasoning does make sense.

But maybe one of them will see this and weigh in.

Also @Derbybud and @nickeluring seems to have had success.

My understanding from the originator @Asesino85 and from @Dutchman1990 was that you wanted to maintain the slight 5-10 degree upward angle to the branches keep the hormones flowing, rather than allowing a dip.
Not sure where "flat to make the bud sites all equal height" fits in, but your reasoning does make sense.
Also @nickeluring seems to have had success.
I've done a lot of LST in the past, and a quadline is basically LST once the High Stress is over. The theory behind LST is that the plant needs to think it has lost its apical stem, and as long as the tops are higher than the middles, the plant will focus on growing those tops. To get the best growth in the middle the plant needs to be tricked.

And here's the original thread which details it. You have to read down a bit but he clearly states to maintain the angle and gives the reasons why.

Quadlining
This is his reasoning:
you always want to keep them tied down to the point where there is a 10-20% grade to them and not completely flat. If you don't do this then the 4 main branches will slow way down with growth and the middle will explode and you want to keep everything nice and even. It is hard to recover from this once the 4 main branches really slow down.
And I have never found it to be true that the middles take over if you keep the tops lower. Once you get the middle to fill in you can let the tops grow up with them for a nice even full canopy.

Keeping them down and knowing when to let them go means you have to keep an eye on them, but you would be doing that anyway because of the training.

My understanding from the originator @Asesino85 and from @Dutchman1990 was that you wanted to maintain the slight 10-20 degree upward angle to the branches keep the hormones flowing, rather than allowing a dip.

Also @Derbybud and @nickeluring seems to have had success.
Both makes sense. Hmmm, time to watch one of them do something different maybe.

Staying on the topic of quads, Id like to give you sneak a peak v.i.p. access to the pre launch of my new exciting product.

Baron Von Blurple's Quadulating Grow Balls®.

Amazing introductory price of $8.99 for 2 pack.
But.....If you act now,
Ill throw in a second 2 pack....thats right! 4 for the price of 2!
Act now!
Shipping and handling extra.

Staying on the topic of quads, Id like to give you sneak a peak v.i.p. access to the pre launch of my new exciting product.

But.....If you act now,
Act now!
You may be on to something, Baron!

Does the ball actually quadulate or does it just sit there?

IMO, a quadulating one would draw a much larger market! :laughtwo:

But.....If you act now,
Act now!
I'll take 4 please! Conquadulations! Hope you patented it!

You may be on to something, Baron!

Does the ball actually quadulate or does it just sit there?

IMO, a quadulating one would draw a much larger market! :laughtwo:
Yes.
It passively quadulates. :straightface:

I'll take 4 please! Conquadulations! Hope you patented it!
Im still interviewing attorneys that can provide the solutions I need to manifest my marketable vision...:straightface:

:love: Welcome All! :love:
Let's get Growing Some Dope Seeds!
:party:
Relax and Become Part the Grow
as we Watch These Beautiful Beans
Sprout to Life!
And Beyond!
:party:

@Dope-Seeds has been unable to ship outside the UK lately. If you're over there check them out!

My goal is to bring 4 into the world and give them everything they want. Spoil em like grandkids! When they're happy, I'm happy.

So let's see how they do in The Rev's LOS soil.

It's likely they'll go, solo cup to 1 gallon plastic to 3 gal plastic to 10 gal cloth.

That's a slight change from the way I've been thinking. Last grow I went up to 7 gallon cloth. I had a good grow. Then I went outdoors this summer and saw how different a plant grows in the ground vs a pot. Big difference! So as long as I got it in me I'll go to a 10 gallon pot for its ability to offer the plant more of what they need to be in perfect health:rolleyes:whatever that is. @Nunyabiz you're right. Size matters! I won't be going all the way but I acknowledge your past notes on size!

WEDDING CAKE

So Black Skull who is the originator of these seeds isn't carrying them anymore and I can't find info there. I did find Leafly had some. Here it is.

"Wedding Cake, also known as "Triangle Mints #23," is a potent indica-hybrid made by crossing Triangle Kush with Animal Mints. Wedding Cake provides relaxing and euphoric effects that calm the body and mind. This strain features a rich and tangy flavor profile with undertones of earthy pepper. Medical marijuana patients choose Wedding Cake to help relieve symptoms associated with pain, insomnia and appetite loss. Consumers with a low THC tolerance should enjoy this strain with an extra slice of care due to its high THC content. Wedding Cake has soared in popularity over the years and was named Leafly Strain of the Year in 2019. Fun fact: In Canada, this strain is known as Pink cookies."

I'll take it! I've smoked little of Cookies varieties and it's nice to get into it from this avenue.

Dos-si-dos

Do-Si-Dos
, also known as "Dosi," is an indica-dominant hybrid marijuana strain with qualities similar to its parent, OGKB, a GSC-phenotype With glittering trichomes, bright pistils, and lime green and lavender leaves, this strain is a feast for eyes. Its aroma is pungent, sweet, and earthy with slight floral funkiness. These classic OG aromas blend nicely with medical-grade body effects that lean toward the sedative side with the addition of Face Off OG genetics. Enjoy a stoney, in-your-face buzz off the start that melts down over the body, prettifying the consumer with relaxation that emanates outward.

More Cookies! Sounds Yummy! Get in my Belly Vape Joint!

We're early in the grow today, they sit in water since yesterday. I can see some have cracked. Yesterday I took 6 cups of Foxfarms Light Warrior soil and 2 cups of llama poo compost and a dose of @DYNOMYCO with enough RO water to moisten it nicely as I hand mixed it to a fine consistency to grow microbially overnight. Today I'll put some of my LOS soil in the bottom 1/3 of solo's and fill with this mix.
So far.

SO…wondered what was up over yonder and checked you links…will catch up. I won some Dope Seeds here awhile back and have had them on my short list. Looking forward to insight into their genetics. Cheers

Congratulations, SO. And good morning to you. I've been debating whether to bring forth a truth about the cannabis I grew this year. So here goes. I grew some Mobsta ladies, (went to 9 ft. tall), now trimmed and cured for a month, now. I used JADAM's microbe solution once a week like clockwork, and my ladies (and everything else) flourished nicely. Buds weighed down the branches to allow more ventilation. They were so laden! Well, anfter a month cure, this crop is twice as potent as anything I've grown before. "I finally know what all the fuss is about". Don't get me wrong, before crops have been stoney to smoke. But, this year the high lasts so much longer, and so much better. I catch myself 4 hrs later musing because I'm still stoned!! And the Apollo 13 ladies (one went to 10 ') were chopped a week later. I have smoked some of that and it's very nice. Stoney, but not a couchlock, doesn't make me hungry, and longer lasting than any in previous years. I'm hoping it will cure some more into a more higher rocketship! I'm always looking for more energy while doing daily chores, and A13 does that for me. And the only thing different this year was the microbe solution. I'm hooked for life. As a good friend, I wanted you to know, and anyone else who is interested. Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom