Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds

LOL! That fancy schmancy propagator thingy is:
Cloninator-poster-scaled.jpg

Lmao, shed legend!

@Dope-Seeds GROUP UPDATE. THINNED AND TRIMMED

Hi all, these beauties are clicking along like they like it in there. I'm seeing no issues at the moment thankfully.

Today I gave them all a top water of a half gallon each. They were watered 4 days ago and were still pretty moist down low. It'll be a few more days before full water again. Some were ready for lst and trimming inner growth. I gave them a real "Shedding" if you know what I mean. InTheShed clears out unwanted inner growth the way I like to see it but I can seldom get in them to get it done well. I may have this time. It's a good day!

First is the Dos-si-dos in front. She's thin and trim. A nice plant to work with, not too many leaves and a nice structure to work with. I took off a bunch of everything that doesn't see the light and may need to do a little more at flip. Here's Dos-si.

Wedding Cake's weren't ready for lst today so I gave them a trimming. The rear one got supercropped, she's tall and thin.

Here they play nicely.

Happy Sunday!
We on that bondage thing brother ;)

Man, that one looks like she rolled an ankle. :eek:
Yeah, hope it stays!
Now you need to take all those trimmings and stick them in a jar with a loose fitting lid and add some worm castings or leaf mold soil and cover with non-chlorinated water. Before you know it you'll have Jadam Dos-Is-Dos targeted fertilizer!

That's what I do with my trimmings. Master Cho says the best JLF (Jadam Liquid Fertilizer) for strawberries is other strawberries. So it doesn't take too big a leap to adapt it to our world.

(just stand back when you open the jar after a few weeks as the "scent" is a bit of an acquired taste, er smell.)
Shoot! I didn't! Oh now that I'm reading the small print, I'll wait for spring. Ms Otter has a sensitive nose. This is her house too:rolleyes:.

Yeah, hope it stays!

Shoot! I didn't! Oh now that I'm reading the small print, I'll wait for spring. Ms Otter has a sensitive nose. This is her house too:rolleyes:.
Yeah, probably best not to start off out of the gate with a bad experience. Gotta keep harmony.

@Dope-Seeds GROUP UPDATE. THINNED AND TRIMMED

Hi all, these beauties are clicking along like they like it in there. I'm seeing no issues at the moment thankfully.

Today I gave them all a top water of a half gallon each. They were watered 4 days ago and were still pretty moist down low. It'll be a few more days before full water again. Some were ready for lst and trimming inner growth. I gave them a real "Shedding" if you know what I mean. InTheShed clears out unwanted inner growth the way I like to see it but I can seldom get in them to get it done well. I may have this time. It's a good day!

First is the Dos-si-dos in front. She's thin and trim. A nice plant to work with, not too many leaves and a nice structure to work with. I took off a bunch of everything that doesn't see the light and may need to do a little more at flip. Here's Dos-si.

Wedding Cake's weren't ready for lst today so I gave them a trimming. The rear one got supercropped, she's tall and thin.

Here they play nicely.

Happy Sunday!
Our DSD's are very similar in structure. Great plant to work with I agree completely. Excellent training. So what's the very cool looking piece of equipment on the floor in the front of the tent?

I think that's a Dyson bladeless fan?
An awesome fan for some awesome plants.!

Nice grow Otter! What is BT dust? I got some gnats and the traps are barely keeping up.
Hey Fudo try a fan blowing across the pots , keeps those little buggers away.

Stay safe
B8ll

So what's the very cool looking piece of equipment on the floor in the front of the tent?
Carcass hit it. I traded for a dyson fan/humidifier. Fits the tent real nice.
Nice grow Otter! What is BT dust? I got some gnats and the traps are barely keeping up.

bt = bacillus thuringiensis
Fungus gnats have a maggot life stage where bt interrupts. After 10 days they slow down to a point where there's no worry, and by next grow they should be gone. Safers was the co to get it from but they stopped making it. There are others who make it in powdered form, I'll have to look on the shelf if you need a name. In a 5 gallon pot I make a few stripes on top to inoculate and water it in. Probably a teaspoon or two.

Do they affect the plant in any way? I’m not infested but I am having issues.
They can effect roots adversely.
There are a couple different types.
The less invasive ones are more of an annoyance than a detriment but still not great.
Try keeping top of pot from staying wet and growing fungus.
Traps and fans.
H202 in water helps.
Diatomaceous earth on top.
Sns.
Lots of ways to fight them.

Stay safe
Bill

Do they affect the plant in any way? I’m not infested but I am having issues.
They can if they get out of control. Several members have had failed plants they say due to Fgnats. I haven't had them kill any but have gotten pretty thick. None in the tents lately but the bonsai mother got treated two weeks ago and has a fan on her soil too. They backed off a lot. I expect them to leave in a month or so.

Carcass hit it. I traded for a dyson fan/humidifier. Fits the tent real nice.

bt = bacillus thuringiensis
Fungus gnats have a maggot life stage where bt interrupts. After 10 days they slow down to a point where there's no worry, and by next grow they should be gone. Safers was the co to get it from but they stopped making it. There are others who make it in powdered form, I'll have to look on the shelf if you need a name. In a 5 gallon pot I make a few stripes on top to inoculate and water it in. Probably a teaspoon or two.
If some1s interested in BT bacillus and wants to feed that beneficial bacteria, it is included in Botanicare’s Hydroguard in a liquid form. Hydroguard is probably more easier to find online or from hydrostores.
God tier beneficial for soilless growing and can be used in substrate growing as well

How long do you grow them in the cups untill you transplant in final container. Myself I transplant from cups after the first set of true leaves
Let the roots fill the cup.
Old rule of thumb when leaves hang over the edge of the cup they are ok to transplant.
I like to fill the cup right up with roots.
So when you transplant they explode.
As Stone said , When they can empty the water from a solo cup in two days the roots are ready.
Check my Gorilla Glue clone thread.
I explain everything in there.
Transplanting, training, filling pots,amendments everything you need from growing babies to monsters.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom