DrDankNstien's Perpetual High Brix & SuperSoil Grow With TopLed's Custom Mars II

You will probably have a week of yellowing and all sorts of issue with the T and J stuff. That was my experience when I used it.

Be patient and it will sort itself out.

Generally speaking, the lighter green is a good thing, provided the plants are healthy in other ways. It means nitrogen is being "fixed" by bacteria, not merely the salt route into the plant.
Ok thanks Doc I was hoping you would chime in here, other than being pale they are very healthy and praying to the lights :)

Yeah, it's startling. It's like someone took all the best plants they could find and put them all in one room.

:circle-of-love:

I don't know how I missed this grow! Maybe we can make a list of everybody growing Hi-Brix that has a journal.
I shall catch up tonight. :peace:

that TimeWreck is looking awesome :) I'm going to go see Subcool at the LA Cannabis cup in a couple of weeks and try and get some Quantum Kush seeds , it tested 30%Thc

+ reps for the beautiful update

This is so wild. I have gone down the same path. Except I went the small way.
4 by 2 veg tent and four by four flower tent. LOL
No really I started with B_N. Still have over half. But like yourself I made it to Hi-Brix, and going a little slow to built the root system,Just up potted from a 3Lt. airport to a 5 gal smart pot then maybe a 20 gal. I need a big pot outside for some hot peppers :bravo::welcome::thumb::rollit::morenutes::morenutes::surf::surf:
I
Your grow is Beautiful Man!!!

Im using 400 mh on white widows in kit soil and am getting no stretch. My environment is spot on per doc recommendations. I think its after transplant when theyre supposed to take off due to the release of all the energy built up in the rootbound plant. But then again, im on my first grow ever so i could just be an idiot lol!!
Dont know if this helps but its me $.02 :)

Yeah, it's startling. It's like someone took all the best plants they could find and put them all in one room.

:circle-of-love:
Hahaha thanks Graytail I wish I had enough rooms and plants to do something like that bro :)

I don't know how I missed this grow! Maybe we can make a list of everybody growing Hi-Brix that has a journal.
I shall catch up tonight. :peace:
Welcome high420kwats :)

that TimeWreck is looking awesome :) I'm going to go see Subcool at the LA Cannabis cup in a couple of weeks and try and get some Quantum Kush seeds , it tested 30%Thc

+ reps for the beautiful update
Thanks for the kind words and reps Ronnie:Namaste: Thats f*cking awesome bro I would love to meet Sub and Mz Jill someday :)

Wow! Those plants are looking great!
Thanks IslandDog and welcome:)

Looks wonderful. That is fantastic. great grow.:bravo:
:Namaste:

Im using 400 mh on white widows in kit soil and am getting no stretch. My environment is spot on per doc recommendations. I think its after transplant when theyre supposed to take off due to the release of all the energy built up in the rootbound plant. But then again, im on my first grow ever so i could just be an idiot lol!!
Dont know if this helps but its me $.02 :)
strain plays a big part in stretch bro, White widow is a indica dom strain, I grew it out a few times years ago and it doesnt stretch much at all, Timewreck is a sativa dom hybrid 80% - 20% it will tripple in size the first 21 days of flower :)

I do have to say those are some awesome looking plants! I missed this one until this morning, subbed!
Thanks SmokinJoe and welcome:)

strain plays a big part in stretch bro, White widow is a indica dom strain, I grew it out a few times years ago and it doesnt stretch much at all, Timewreck is a sativa dom hybrid 80% - 20% it will tripple in size the first 21 days of flower :)

I've had the same frustration with my plants in HB - they just don't stretch. But ... this makes me think. My pure sativas like the Neville's pheno and the Utopia Haze do stretch normally. It's the hybrids that don't. Maybe it's another way the "sativafication" shows itself.

Mighty nice space you have there.

I was going to PM you, but others might benefit from it here...

Could you share the details about your custom spectrum for those LED panels?
You have the big ones, right?

I want 4 of the 1200's to light my new larger space. I already have 2 3w x 144 lights. All 6 will do it I think. In fact, I may be able to get away with the 900's, but I can't let go of the mantra "more light is better". :blalol:

Now about the dirt...
I agree with everything you say. I may not be as convinced about the easier part, but I'll leave that for now. You left out what is, IMHO, the biggest disadvantage of growing in soil. It's dirty! I recently transplanted my mothers, which meant working with dirt. It was a lot of work, and I have dirt everywhere now. :blalol: I've always loved how clean my hydro grows are. That may not be enough to offset all the other things you mentioned, but I felt compelled to bring up this omission. :winkyface: My basement is like my lab, so I am always cleaning. Days after the transplanting and soil mixing, I'm still sweeping up dirt in the flowering room. Sorry, it was the first thing I thought of when I read about your switch to soil. It's so dirty! :biglaugh:

Easier? hmmmm.... :hmmmm:

First, I do want to try out Doc's kit and try some supersoil, but that won't happen until I finish building out the space.

I'm not sure I agree that soil is easier. I know it was a lot of work mixing up my soil (~1.5 yd2/m2). Transplanting isn't too bad, and something I've always enjoyed doing. The two are probably about even on this one, depending on your techniques. Mixing soil vs cleaning rock? I'd almost say it's a wash. I built a little screen box and clean the rock dry. Cleaning the last batch took about 5-6 hours for my helper last time. I can probably mix a batch of soil faster than that, but not a lot by the time I get it into tubs. My rock never has to leave my basement. I will be mixing soil in my garage from now on. This is unique to my situation though.

Supersoil does sound pretty easy. I spend some time pre-making the soil and then just add genetics, water, and love. Sounds pretty awesome!

As soon as you start making teas, or especially using techniques like Doc's, I can't say I agree that it's any easier than hydro. Sure, I monitor ph, and adjust it about once a week in addition to a weekly res change. I guess it just doesn't seem to hard for me to monitor a central reservoir for all the plants. I still have to mix nutes for my soil mom's and honestly, I think they are more work to feed and water. Start adding in the sprays and certain timings, and well... I have trouble saying that sounds easier. :blalol:

hmmm just did preview and I got wordy!
I didn't mean to start defending hydro. I know why you did it and your reasons are valid. I don't have time to add that to my mix.

My real goal was to check out the new journal, and find out about the "custom" part of your TopLED lights. :Namaste:

I found this, Hiker:

"the ratios for my 300 x 3w Area 51 lights that use 3w Helexion diodes, they are older models before they started using Cree.
Natural white-100
Red -120
Deep Red -70
IR -10"

It's basically a ton more whites.

Flowerroom update.
temps 69-75 degrees.
Rh 40%
Co2 1200-1500 ppm
One thing I ve noticed about these 4 HB Timewrecks is they are paler than the 2 getting synthetic nutes, they appear to be perfectly happy but they are alot lighter green than the same strain getting synthetic nutes.Im wondering if the soil is running out of castings or is this normal?Its really hard to tell right now but I ll be keeping a close eye on them to see if they keep getting paler, if they do does anybody have any suggestions on how to add more castings, should I just top dress and water it in or should I make a worm poop tea?One things for sure they are stretching alot more than the others but they still have pretty tight node spacing, is alot of stretch common with HB soil?
Thats about it for now I hope you enjoy the pics and have a Dank Day:peace:

Hope we enjoy the pics, he says. LOL AWESOME pictures! And congrats on the pollinating! +reps on the way. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom