Duggan Does Purple Envy, Star Pupil & Black Cherry Punch With Doc's Gear!

If you have good air flow, the temps aren't a deal breaker. Look at greenhouse growers. Hell even in pleasant temps outside, the greenhouses get hell a hot!! Not uncommon for it to be over 100 on days when its in the 70s, even with good ventilation. These plants can take a lot more than we give them credit for. That being said....its hot as freaking hell today and I have the window mounted AC unit on LOL!

The whole point of that is that if you keep the air flow good, you can ride out high temps. I mean think about where some of these plants originate from....both hot and cold. Also bigger pots will help protect your root zone so if you know you grow in really warm rooms, grow in a bit bigger pots. It will give the roots some more 'buffer' from any really high heat..
I wish high temps were a temporary trend here lol, we only get a few weeks of cool temps in spring and fall before it's as hot as Satan's anus. Not sure I could slip a portable ac purchase past my wife :(

I wish high temps were a temporary trend here lol, we only get a few weeks of cool temps in spring and fall before it's as hot as Satan's anus. Not sure I could slip a portable ac purchase past my wife :(

The plants will be a lot happier at those temps if you can get humidity into the 80s, too.

Vapor Pressure Deficit

It's a bit risky in mold prone climates, but the plants will love it.

:Namaste:

High Duggs,
I had to re-read Graytails sig a few times myself.

It grounds me.:Namaste:

I'm gonna go off topic just a little. Every once in a while i like to read peoples fav. quotes , ideas etc in their sig.
Gray,... yours always has a way of calming me down...helps me take a good look...:high-five:
Have a great evening gang....oh ya ,..the plants..lol.
Doing ok....cheers.:circle-of-love:
High Duggs,
I had to re-read Graytails sig a few times myself.

It grounds me.:Namaste:

Ha, same here... love that quote... pretty sure I read it almost every time I see him post. Yea Duggs... on those temps, I feel ya. Though mine aren't that high, I find I need to keep the humidity up around 60% to keep my temps down around 80-81. If I let it down to 55% the temp can get up to 84-85 in there. You think that humidity is ok? I dont wanna rot my flowers ya know...

Ha, same here... love that quote... pretty sure I read it almost every time I see him post. Yea Duggs... on those temps, I feel ya. Though mine aren't that high, I find I need to keep the humidity up around 60% to keep my temps down around 80-81. If I let it down to 55% the temp can get up to 84-85 in there. You think that humidity is ok? I dont wanna rot my flowers ya know...
Evenin to ya 119...as others have said...if your temps are way up...getting extra fans on the problem , helps out. So does raising the RH as Gray has said. Right now my temps are 88-91F....with RH of 55-60%. That's as good as i can get it right now , with my situation. Should be alright...nowhere near ideal , but it'l work...always has.
with RH ...try to keep it under 70% with being well into bloom. Above that , and u may /will have issues , if the air isn't moving A LOT!
Cheers 119 , Stage, Gray , Killer ..and gang.

Tell Mare that she's on our minds, too. :Namaste:

Diva just had another deep one removed from her leg on Tuesday. Did she tell Mare about my Mom? Had to have her erratic thyroid removed. It took her awhile to get the dosage right, and to get used to it, but it was a lot better than the old flaky thyroid. And the scar was a negligible thing - seriously, not a big thing. And she didn't even have top drawer cannabis salve to help her.

Weight gain is still all about chewing and swallowing. :) It's the metabolism that's not cooperating for now. I'm sure her doctor is aware - gotta get the dosage/meds dialed in - might take awhile.

Hang in there, Mare.

:thumb:

[Edit] And uh ... thyroid winds you up and down so ... she may get a lil beasty while she works this out. If she breathes fire at you, try to remain calm. They're dangerous in that state - not their fault. o_O
LOL...Just catching up here...going to an endocrinologist soon for my thyroid...Is that why they just installed a metal detector at work? I've been an absolute beast myself. One of my sales guys hasn't checked in with me in over a week now. Sends everything to me in an email :rofl::rofl:

Seriously @Duggan ... Sorry to hear she had to go through that! Hope she's feeling better!:circle-of-love:

I'm gonna go off topic just a little. Every once in a while i like to read peoples fav. quotes , ideas etc in their sig.
Gray,... yours always has a way of calming me down...helps me take a good look...:high-five:
Have a great evening gang....oh ya ,..the plants..lol.
Doing ok....cheers.:circle-of-love:

Yes, "keep peace with your soul". :Namaste:

It's the Desiderata. It begins this way ...

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story."

Another passage goes ...

"Do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself."

:bongrip:

I'm having heat issues. Any recommendations on a decent portable A/C? Not quite as hot as Satan's anus...but getting up there!:rofl:

Evenin to ya 119...as others have said...if your temps are way up...getting extra fans on the problem , helps out. So does raising the RH as Gray has said. Right now my temps are 88-91F....with RH of 55-60%. That's as good as i can get it right now , with my situation. Should be alright...nowhere near ideal , but it'l work...always has.
with RH ...try to keep it under 70% with being well into bloom. Above that , and u may /will have issues , if the air isn't moving A LOT!
Cheers 119 , Stage, Gray , Killer ..and gang.
Hey there Duggs! Thanks for this, appreciate your thoughts as always. Pretty sure I’m moving plenty of air, I actually burnt some pistils early on cause the fans were blowing the branches aroun, had to dial it back a bit. At any rate, good luck with your temp issues. Thanks again!

Yes, "keep peace with your soul". :Namaste:

It's the Desiderata. It begins this way ...

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story."

Another passage goes ...

"Do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself."

:bongrip:
My Hubby's uncle wrote the Desiderata on parchment in calligraphy. It's now framed on our dining room wall. It's very nice...
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. :)

I've always thought Gray was a wise man....

too funny but so true....

Been lagging behind a bit but caught up. Love some purple envy.
y. Was thinking of putting it between the two Dorm Grow , /G8 ufo's
How big a problem is excessive heat really? Last October my garage got to 114° without anything dying (was a little cooler inside the tents with their fans going). I used to grow with multiple 1000w HPS systems in the 100° summers and I don’t really remember any major issues (of course that was 25 years and my memory tends to drop out bad stuff over time).
Um Duggan think you have that space covered well light wise. Maybe start a new area or tent lol. Overlord not worried about heat and was on the fence about running a/c upstairs but decided against. Got good airflow and even if it pops 96 outside staying 5 or 7 degrees cooler. Seem just fine. Lil more watering involved than winter?

Back
Top Bottom