DWC Deep Water Culture. first hydro attempt.

yeah. i know, sorry my fault. this is just the first update since i did that, i tried supercropping it, probably 10days before flower, had i not have broken it, i feel it would have recovered fine, if it would have went correctly.

bad news. I was unable to stop the root rot. They were forming new roots, however the older roots were like creamy looking. & the real problem is, i no longer have the extra money to support a soil & hydro grow. So i had to axe the 2 2 ladies in the hydro. =/. I will try hydro again but for now ill stick with my soil ladies.

sorry for everyone who has helped me through this. I had alot of shit going on for my first grow. Needless to say, once i have a good income again (doubtfull in mi) and more space i will try hydro again

Sorry about the loss Weedy. I'm kind of surprised that root rot doesn't get more DWC growers. On a small scale, the little ebb and flow system I'm running works great and has little downside as long as the flooding bucket can be above the reservoir. Will see you again in hydro down the line.

it does take alot of work to do both.TRUST ME.. hey it will work when the stars are lined up for you. but hey its not all a loss. Great experence that you could only get if oyu tried it.we all have one die every now and then.

Sorry about the loss Weedy. I'm kind of surprised that root rot doesn't get more DWC growers. On a small scale, the little ebb and flow system I'm running works great and has little downside as long as the flooding bucket can be above the reservoir. Will see you again in hydro down the line.

Thank you both. and yeah i felt the same way about the root rot in DWCs. but i want to and will try hydro again. i want a big enough room for a decent EBB&GRO. or even DWC buckets as opposed to a big tote.

we will see. but the upside is I have more space and time to tend to my dirty girls (as wheelo puts it). I think ill get a better yield off of 3 plants under a 400w HPS. then i will trying to cram & rotate 5 plant to try and get even lighting. and the fact thd 2 hydro ladies took up so much space in my tiny closet. I literally had tp slide 1 plant in and out of the closet as I opened it and closed it.:thanks:

yeah i may have to check into them. my girl and i are supposed to be getting into our own house when her grandma moves into her parents house, were gonna get her gmas house. and i will have an entire basement to use.

also if my buddy stops dicking around, i could get some first hand knowledge of EBB&GRO OR EBB&FLO systems before invest in ny own system.

as far as a hydro mother is concerned, do you trim roots when thdy get to big for the pot?

i know a grower who grows permafrost. a strong strain from the upper penn. of MI. and he trims the roots of the mother plant when she over takes the pot shes in. with no trauma. he must just be lucky. he said he never checks pH or ppm/ec. developed his own ebb&gro system, and has some of the most dense buds, and best quality bud you could ever want.

i think his system is an ebb&gro hybrid. but he claims no res. basically he makes it seem like a DWC bucket the flood a drains, like almost constantly. idk, he wont say what it is. but we were in a chat room on ps3 and i saw his plants. he had a bucket inside another bucket. but you could hear the water cycling, with no hose coming off it

Back
Top Bottom