DWC Deep Water Culture. first hydro attempt.

i have boughten thee most expensive creamic diffusers(air stone super fine bubbles) these thinngs work great anyone using hydro dwc bubble ponnic hould check into these the nioce thing about these over wood one are that the wood ones have to be changed every3-4 week or you can soak it or any air stone in water and vinager to clean inside and out hit me up if anyone need there site I have a question i am curious about if you all can help can i freeze premesured and mixed nutes and throw them in I have been curious about this any ideas.

the first issue with premix is if you let it sit there until you use it, the nutes are heavier then h2o so they will settle to the bottom even if you shake it up prior to pouring it in the nutes wont have the same solididity as fresh mixed.
the other issue is the freezing when you defrost a liquid they tend to expand when defrosting. so that in turn will delute the nutes.I hope this kinda answer that question.

i think you would be better off just throwing ice cubes in your res and when your nutes go down, top them off.

but i dont see any reason why you couldnt premix some nutes into water and freeze them for cooling the res.

water expands when it freezes, and contracts when it melts. this is because when water freezes it crystalizes and the bond structure is geometric and rigid. fun.

butch, i think if you mixed up some water/nutes and froze it right away it would freeze before it settled, even if it didn't you could mix it with a pump in the res or something.

i think you would be better off just throwing ice cubes in your res and when your nutes go down, top them off.

but i dont see any reason why you couldnt premix some nutes into water and freeze them for cooling the res.

water expands when it freezes, and contracts when it melts. this is because when water freezes it crystalizes and the bond structure is geometric and rigid. fun.

butch, i think if you mixed up some water/nutes and froze it right away it would freeze before it settled, even if it didn't you could mix it with a pump in the res or something.

well i feel like a idiot. And thats just being honest...lmfao

I am just curious. If you throw ice cubes into the reservoir, which I am about to do myself, wouldn't you want to make Ice cubes out of PH'd water?
Wouldn't the ph rise if you just made cubes from tap water? And if you did freeze water from your tap wouldn't that trap the chlorine? And if I went to the store and bought ice from a bag does that melt to ph balanced water?

I know alot of questions, the symbiotic nature of things makes me wonder one question after another LOL

Musik \\\vVv/// :popcorn: :smokin: :slide: :cool: :roorrip: :grinjoint:

I am just curious. If you throw ice cubes into the reservoir, which I am about to do myself, wouldn't you want to make Ice cubes out of PH'd water?
Wouldn't the ph rise if you just made cubes from tap water? And if you did freeze water from your tap wouldn't that trap the chlorine? And if I went to the store and bought ice from a bag does that melt to ph balanced water?
Musik

yes yes yes yes. i use RO, so none of that is a problem, but if you use tap water, you should follow the same procedure as you would before you add it to your res, such as PH balanced for a healthy diet, and let the water sit uncovered 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate. about bought ice, im not sure i guess it depends where it comes from, melt it and check it out with a meter.

the best thing i've seen or read about to bring the temp down quik is to freeze 2 liter bottles of water. and just stick them in.

yeah this method is good because your not adding anything to the res, but if it is low, adding ice is not a bad idea.

res change today. week 2 flower. day 8.
i had to use tap water =/

pH 7.0 figured nutes would drop it.
ppm 120

tiger bloom @ 2 tsp/gal 8 gal -16 tsp. i used 12 tsp.
big bloom @ 1 TBL/gal 8g - 8 TBL. i used 6 TBL.
open sesame @ 1/4 tsp/gal. 8g - 2 tsp. i used 2 tsp.
hydrogen peroxide @ 3 capfulls/gal 8g - 24 caps. i used like 15 ish.

pH after nutes 5.5
ppm read 110 x10. so 1100

sorry no pics, itook some but my phone sucks, and me & my girl are fighting. i used her phone for the good pictures. so ill try to get some decent pics.

no woman no cry weedy... but good luck amigo! girls are a pain dood!!

that reminds me of a time me and my ex were fighting.. i got fucking pissed off at her right and took her phone and chucked it straight to the pavement.. one of the greatest feelings Ever man wow... the only thing that sucked is she took my fone from me and did the same thing.... not a very great feeling... aannyywwaayyss haha get sum pics up man!

no woman no cry weedy... but good luck amigo! girls are a pain dood!!

that reminds me of a time me and my ex were fighting.. i got fucking pissed off at her right and took her phone and chucked it straight to the pavement.. one of the greatest feelings Ever man wow... the only thing that sucked is she took my fone from me and did the same thing.... not a very great feeling... aannyywwaayyss haha get sum pics up man!

Let me guess, you were both out of weed at the time and were both cranky!

I hope you try to pH adjust your water and try and freeze it for an experiment. The pH adjustment comes from ions that should be forced out of growing ice crystals. If rapidly frozen, ice can trap contaminates like those ions, but if the ice is truly pure, it will be pH of 7. Also, if you try and freeze nutrient solution, you may need to use dry ice to get it cold enough to freeze as anything dissolved into water will raise the boiling point and depress the freezing point of the solution. In the end, you will probably have either a cold liquid nutrient solution or a partially frozen part with a concentrated slurry of nutrients.

got a couple quick pics for today.

day 9 flower

0915091708c.jpg

also i tried to supercrop the tall one again, and was a little rough, and broke it, now it has like 4 smaller tops, a little late into this to start new tops, but what can you do.
0915091708b.jpg

theyre still looking sad, for the N def. if you guys think its something else fell free to say something.

i had one of my ladies lookin sad like that.I flushed her and fed her very very lightly for a week before she snapped out of it. I think it was a salt build up.Cuz at her base was a few little salts, so i pulled them off and ran florakleen through her and like i said in a week she snapped out of it.new growth and shes back to her original schedule with the whole room.I just worry that it will effect her yeild but i think its was to early to have that effect.And i feel the sam about yours.

From my reading, you don't want to do things like supercropping while in flower. I think the plant's hormone mix doesn't have the right auxins to get that growth happening again very quickly. Eh, now you know.

I just saw your last pics where you stated Day 9 flower then below it said "also i tried to supercrop the tall one again" so figured that these two statements tied together.

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom