Feral's Adventures In Homemade DWC - 2015 - 400W HPS

Nicely bearded clones... And still a great canopy despite the outdoor heat.

I set my flowering room heat to 26-28c, but it is easier to push against high temp limits when I know the room will cool to 20-21c when the lights go off and I can cool down to 18c just by letting the fan run.

30C doesn't scare me, except for how fast it dries soil - and you don't use soil :)

Is too warm water your main concern?
Does your water get to 26c when the air is 26c ?

Looking reeeeaaal good in here. I wish I can smell them. You describing it doesn't really help... :rofl: Great work bud the roots look as healthy as can be!

Thanks Mello, smells so damn tasty :rofl:

Nicely bearded clones... And still a great canopy despite the outdoor heat.

I set my flowering room heat to 26-28c, but it is easier to push against high temp limits when I know the room will cool to 20-21c when the lights go off and I can cool down to 18c just by letting the fan run.

30C doesn't scare me, except for how fast it dries soil - and you don't use soil :)

Is too warm water your main concern?
Does your water get to 26c when the air is 26c ?

Hey Rad ;) my main concern is "what if".. lol, Its only just coming into our hottest days of the year here in AU and if the temps rise too much i have no way of controlling it, dont have A/C or any other cooling system. Main thing i am watching with the temps is seeing how much it fluctuates on these really hot days, On a normal day the tent seems to be a few degrees warmer than outside yet on a hot day its cooler in the tent by a few degrees compared to outdoors. 30c doesnt worry me in the slightest as most of our outdoor grows experience up to 40c without showing any signs of distress. One thing that does worry me a little is because lights on is overnight, on the hot days i dont really get a temp drop and sometimes it is actually warmer than with lights on. Tbh i have never checked the res with any type of temp meter, while checking PH etc i stick my fingers into the solution, if its cool then its fine. All this is me just worrying about shit, probably nothing to worry about at all as they are healthy as can be, but the way i see it is if i stop worrying and dont check these things then something may happen, just like to be over cautious :rofl:

Things look top notch in your tent!~

Good evening Ladies and Gents, welcome to todays updates.

Today i thought i would start off with the clones yet again, one major thing i left out yesterday was the addition of more nutes/additives to their res, it was not much at all probably around the same amount i initially added bringing them half strength of week 1 mix (probably even lower). PH was set to 5.8 and EC now at 0.5, i noticed a slight sludge forming on the lower parts of the roots and i am not sure if i mixed the DM zone right to begin with, could be just staining from the nutes, also has been a while since adding anything to them at all. I will be doing res change overs on all girls just after xmas, around the 27-28th when i will actually have the time lol. Atomic#1 is branching really nicely, i give her about a week before i start tying her down, hopefully by then i can get everything setup in my new tent and give her a couple of weeks under MH before going to flower for pollen and seed production. Atomic#2 will probably stay in veg for a few extra weeks before being flowered out.

newdwc98.png

newdwc99.png

newdwc100.png

Has been another reasonably cool day here but tent conditions sitting on a nice comfortable 25c with humidity around 65%, perfect yet again :) Height-wise nothing has changed much at all with all 3 girls, a lot more bulking up from what i can see, I will be changing their reservoirs out in a few days as the EC will be getting low. They are all getting even more frosty every day :)

newdwc101.png

newdwc102.png

Atomic Bomb:
PH 5.8, EC 2.1
Added 1.5L water.

newdwc103.png

newdwc104.png

newdwc105.png

Money Maker:
PH 5.7, EC 2.0
Added 1L water

newdwc106.png

newdwc107.png

newdwc108.png

Great White Shark:
PH 5.9, EC 2.1
Nothing added today

newdwc109.png

newdwc110.png

And so that brings us op to date for another day, Hope you are all doing well and thanks again for everyone stopping by and taking the time to read through my journal, Time for some sleep lol :Namaste:

Hey everyone, just a quick update, My package has arrived from seedsman today and as usual nice and quick, the only seed bank i have come across that ships packaging with their seeds to AU, the HSO seeds had to be removed due to restrictions importing timber products. Stealth was beast on this, came inside the packaging of a toddlers car toy :rofl: the best part of this was the fact i forgot to buy my bro's kid a toy for xmas so seedsman hooked me up lol

Seeds2.png

Nice selection of freebies considering i only paid for one of the kannabia seeds and the Lost Coast OG seeds ;)

Merry Christmas everyone, time for some short updates. Sorry for being so late, Santa dropped off all the presents and thought it would be a good idea to leave them unwrapped, typical :rofl: (wait.. that was just me leaving everything to the last minute yet again.. doh!). Temps in the tent tonight are around 25c with a RH of 60%, main thing im noticing mostly over the last few days is the bulking of the flowers, cant wait til sunday when i can give them a strong feed again. Nothing was done with GWS tonight as i didnt have the time, always tough with family around xmas lol

newdwc111.png

newdwc112.png

Atomic Bomb:
PH 5.8, EC 2.0

newdwc113.png

newdwc114.png

newdwc115.png

Money Maker:
PH 5.8, EC 1.9

newdwc116.png

newdwc117.png

Clones:
PH 6.0, EC 0.5
Atomic#1 is going really well, 4cm+ growth over the past few days now over the 100mm range hehe, bushing up real nicely.

newdwc118.png

newdwc119.png

Hope you all have a great day today, May Santa bring you many special green presents ;)

Haha i had to post it, i had like 30 seconds to get in and take a pic, make sure they had not died or run out of water and zip the tent back up, MAD RUSH haha. All i can say is wow, growth since last update is pretty decent, all of them are fattening right up, just doing res change-overs now and i will be back with some nice pics and updates :)

Hi everyone, a bit to cover today, i will try make it as quick as possible ;)

Most photos from today are taken before anything was done, Temps in the tent are at 27c with 70% humidity. Everything seems great so far with no signs of distress, however, their reservoirs are getting pretty low with Atomic down 7L and Money Maker down 6.5L. Today is res change over day, this has not been done in almost 2 weeks. Atomic today just wanted to be a bitch, i moved her out of the tent to make all 3 reservoirs easily accessible for changes and she decided to stretch right out, in turn untangling all the branches and completely undone all my hard work. Also decided she wanted to move around in her net pot which put the plant on a tilt making things worse. This made it a complete PITA to get back into the tent, i had to tie all the way around the lower branches just to get her in then spent almost an hour rearranging her to fit the space. I really have to work on a system for holding them more stable next grow.

newdwc120.png

The nutrient mix is as follows:
14L water
140ml Monsta Bud
35ml Rock Finishing Juice
7ml DM silica
4.2ml DM Zone
42ml DM Add.27 Flower
47ml DM Gold Flower A
47ml DM Gold Flower B

PH was then set to 5.8 on all 3 girls and the EC readings were 2.5-2.6

Atomic Bomb:
she really gave me a hard time today, now im favoring MM lol, it really is a love hate relationship :rofl:

newdwc121.png

newdwc122.png

Money Maker:
She is really starting to fill out well, I didnt plan on it doing so well or i would have taken clones. Seriously thinking about a re-veg after harvest, see how quick it is in the DWC and hopefully i can grab some clones.

newdwc123.png

newdwc124.png

newdwc125.png

newdwc130.png

newdwc131.png

newdwc132.png

Great White Shark:
Even she is doing really nicely considering her defect, looking lush as ever (even with her ugly yellow spots hehe)

newdwc126.png

newdwc127.png

newdwc128.png

Clones:
From today i will not be taking pics of the roots, as you have seen they are already starting to get well established. These 2 girls have grown so much over the past 3 days, only gained 2cm in height but looking like a proper bush now :rofl:
I didnt change out the res for these two yet, in a couple of days i will be starting them on their week 1(half strength) nutes, they have loved the small amount of food i gave them the other day.

newdwc129.png

Thats about all i can think of for now, I did however just find my first seed in some purple paralysis we grew 2 years back, may be too young to germinate but worth a shot :) might soak her in some paper towel tomorrow.

Happy holidays to all :Namaste:

Happy Holidays. It looks like a blissful valentine's day ahead.

Thanks mate ;) Im hoping to have something to test around that time, should make for a good day hehe

I'm late to the show, but I made it. DIY cloners are the shit. I made a 35 site for about $70

Welcome in PTSDgrower, plenty of room in here and still got a ways to go, perfect timing hehe. Definitely will be making up a better cloner in the near future, been thinking im going to need another tent for my clones and seed production etc so right now just waiting on my new setup to arrive so i can work out exactly how much space im going to have left in the room. Been thinking about using my Aerogarden in the veg tent if i have to but so hard sourcing the parts i need here in aus and its only a 7 site, a 35 site would be awesome :)

Hey everyone, I have not updated in a few days, been pretty flat out here sorting out the house. I did grab readings etc on the 27th but didnt manage to get in there last night so i will update with everything from then with tonights updates. My new setup got delivered today and i am stoked, think im in love with the reflector lmfao

Not sure what time i will be back but hoping to get the room cleaned up enough to start putting up the new tent, so exciting :rofl:

Hope you are all well, have a great day :Namaste:

Spent all day yesterday rearranging the room for my tents and then proceeded to start installing my new setup.

The Tent is a 1.5m x 1.5m x 2m German Made GroCell brand, first thing opening the box i noticed this one did not come with a carry bag like my other tent (not that its really needed as my tents will be staying up). I managed to get it together in about 30 mins by myself, everything seemed to fit nicely. The quality of the tent is really nicely done, it has 3 access doors and the front door also has a built in clear plastic window (covered of course), no signs of light leaks or any other issues. This thing is huge, taking photos of it is almost impossible lol.

Screenshot_42.png

The Reflector is a Growlite OG 8" vertical bulb, air cooled hood. Just the box alone was gobsmacking, 2' x 2' just for the packaging. The unit itself is also huge and got a fair bit of weight to it, going to test the tent out that's for sure lol. I only have one word for this, Gorgeous! So from the outside its finished in a matte black powder-coat, inside whoa! dimpled aluminum and highly reflective curved panels, after seeing a bulb in here and looking up from underneath i now know why these reflectors are so efficient, the bulb gets reflected on the curved panels and almost looks like 4 bulbs in there (check the pic). Now for the bad news, I originally thought the reflector had a 6" duct not 8" so i could not connect it up today, i have ordered 2 8"-6" duct reducers to fix this but with the extra length and the tent setup i have had to turn the hood diagonally. Another thing i noticed was how far in the bulb sat so i looked further into it, after some research i found anything less than a 1000w bulb run in this reflector you need a mogul extender to bring the bulb further down so i have also ordered one of them. Really sux around holidays when having to order missing bits, i may see them before new years but i may not, only place i could get them from was Melbourne.

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

I was pretty motivated to get it all done till i worked out it wouldn't be up and running for a few days, had to change fans out from my other tent and work on its setup also which meant moving all the girls out, Im now running my 6" fan inside the tent as an exhaust but also cooling the hood and have taken the other fan out for the bigger tent. Spent another hour or so trying to make Atomic happy, more bondage :rofl: one of her tops got bent in the move so had to tape that back up, tied down the main stem branches for stability etc. once the working tent was back up and running again i thought i would install the filter to the main tent, another huge thing lol 500mm x 250mm, this is then connected directly to an ezi-air 6" axial duct fan and routed straight out the top which then vents clean air back into the room. The only exhaust for both tents is through their hoods.

Screenshot_7.png

After finally finishing that and realizing it was 4am i did not have time for updates last night either. Today updates will be a definite.

Have a great day everyone :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom