First Grow - Stealth Fridge Conversion - White Widow & BubbleG

If your using a fire blanket I'm pretty sure those are Mylar

Not a fire blanket but one of those reflect you heat back into you blankets...safety or survival blanket... I thought it was the stuff I needed...

I took these tonight... temp was up to 39C!! They don't loo stressed though do they?
420-magazine-mobile1011285040.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1579655953.jpg
420-magazine-mobile965344145.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1673019091.jpg

Not a fire blanket but one of those reflect you heat back into you blankets...safety or survival blanket... I thought it was the stuff I needed...

I'm pretty sure it's Mylar, cause why would they make an emergency blanket out of tin foil unless it was an emergency from the NWO? Lol

I'm pretty sure it's Mylar, cause why would they make an emergency blanket out of tin foil unless it was an emergency from the NWO? Lol

That was my thought... so 'hot spots' shouldn't be a problem then correct? I just have to work on overall temp control...

So right now the high temp in my fridge doesn't seem to be hampering the girls growth... So while they are still small and they don't smell too bad, I decided to disconnect my filter and see if that helps get rid of the heat and lower the temp... if it works then I will need a higher output fan... once I hook the filter up... if it doesn't then I leave it as is and just keep an eye on the temps for the rest of their time!

I had a good look at them tonight, and I didn't quite understand what I was looking at... I am planning on FIM'ing the girls and everything I have read says to do it around the fourth and fifth node... I moved some of the leaves so I could count them and see where she was... I'm there right? 4-5?
This is the WW

420-magazine-mobile649948353.jpg

Well my experiment worked like a charm!
I disconnected my filter at the bottom of the fridge... let it exhaust without any resistance, and it has been 24 hours... In that time the highest the temp reached was 29.2C(84F) and the lowest with lights off 25.1C(77F). This is over a 10C degree reduction...
I'm thinking that the distance the fan has to push the hot air (top to bottom) and the filter is just too much for the 6" fan...
Sooooo...
I don't think I'm going to be very stealthy with the smell of ripening White Widow and BubbleG blowing around in my garage...
Right now I think my options are to either upgrade to an 8" fan (more noise+electricity) or move my filter and shorten the travel length... That is a BIG ass cylinder to try and make inconspicuous either sitting on top the fridge or hanging off the back up near the top...
HMMMMMMM....

What the FIM was I thinking!! Lol! I just did the FIM technique on Molly and Darla. Here is Darla my WW before and after...
Before:
420-magazine-mobile1904775539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile809189202.jpg

And after:
420-magazine-mobile1554036645.jpg

And Molly my BubbleG
Before:
420-magazine-mobile1735488621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile541466430.jpg

And after:
420-magazine-mobile1018529449.jpg

Here are their missing tops... and how much I took
420-magazine-mobile169674887.jpg

Think it's enough? Hope so! Lol!..

What the FIM was I thinking!! Lol! I just did the FIM technique on Molly and Darla. Here is Darla my WW before and after...
Before:
420-magazine-mobile1904775539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile809189202.jpg

And after:
420-magazine-mobile1554036645.jpg

And Molly my BubbleG
Before:
420-magazine-mobile1735488621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile541466430.jpg

And after:
420-magazine-mobile1018529449.jpg

Here are their missing tops... and how much I took
420-magazine-mobile169674887.jpg

Think it's enough? Hope so! Lol!..
Looks good to me, just keep an eye on it and you will be able to tell if you got the spot in a couple days.✌

If you're going to use any tools for cutting/trimming/fimming your plants don't forget to clean them with isopropyl/rubbing alcohol to disinfect them. Don't wanna transfer over any nasty germs from unclean tools.

Thanks Nightmask for your input! I more or less studied Snid and then checked in on probably 10 different journals that said the did it... Having clean tools was probably the constant that I saw so I did make sure it was clean. I washed a new blade with dish soap so the first thing it touched was Ww juice! I need to add that to my bucket list! LOL!

So woke up this morning anxious and excited wondering how they would respond to the FIM process... I apologize for the blurry pics... it can't be my skill level so I'm going to blame it on my iPhone! I spread the leaves a bit and was able to zoom in... I think I nailed it! I am amazed at the bushiness of Darla(WW)!! If I did the FIM right I may have some real sweet tops coming up!!
Molly (BubbleG) is equally impressive and I'm very anxious to see if she lives up to her DNA construction and what type of phenom is more dominant!
Thanks for everyone that has commented!

420-magazine-mobile1164238582.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1232792306.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1139419577.jpg

Here is Molly!

420-magazine-mobile643408469.jpg
420-magazine-mobile822949221.jpg

And a shot of the whole setup

420-magazine-mobile808717543.jpg

What do you think?

My first LST that felt like I abused them... I felt remorseful for about 3 minutes until the vision of 6 maybe 7 big fat colas coming from this roughing up came to mind... keep your eyes on the prize DUDE! She wants to thank you for giving her everything she has needed to grow to her potential... LST is part of that...
At least that's how I'm thinking about it!! Lol!
I only did Darla, Molly BubbleG is running a slow but steady race and I want to give her a few more weeks before I tie her down... she is very Stout... and the distance between leaves is very small... like 1/2 inch... I probably had to use 2 extra ties to get her in the position I wanted... either way... here she is:

420-magazine-mobile1849256822.jpg
420-magazine-mobile881368256.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1745388560.jpg

And here is her sister Molly!

420-magazine-mobile1456026132.jpg
420-magazine-mobile429950375.jpg

My first LST that felt like I abused them... I felt remorseful for about 3 minutes until the vision of 6 maybe 7 big fat colas coming from this roughing up came to mind... keep your eyes on the prize DUDE! She wants to thank you for giving her everything she has needed to grow to her potential... LST is part of that...
At least that's how I'm thinking about it!! Lol!
I only did Darla, Molly BubbleG is running a slow but steady race and I want to give her a few more weeks before I tie her down... she is very Stout... and the distance between leaves is very small... like 1/2 inch... I probably had to use 2 extra ties to get her in the position I wanted... either way... here she is:

420-magazine-mobile1849256822.jpg
420-magazine-mobile881368256.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1745388560.jpg

And here is her sister Molly!

420-magazine-mobile1456026132.jpg
420-magazine-mobile429950375.jpg
Good job on the lst, you will see great results, over a period of a couple days i would tighten it up and pull her down as far as i could and then it will be easier to keep canopy even, everyone developes their own little style, i love doing lst, its kinda like being a artist, you can sculpt her the way you want lol.✌

Thanks Tom!! I was worried doing a FIM and then tying her down immediately after would really cause some stress... But I just peaked in at them and she's already responding and not missing a beat! I'm so stoked! So far this WW has proven to be a great newbie strain... I hope she finishes as strong as she has started!

Thanks Tom!! I was worried doing a FIM and then tying her down immediately after would really cause some stress... But I just peaked in at them and she's already responding and not missing a beat! I'm so stoked! So far this WW has proven to be a great newbie strain... I hope she finishes as strong as she has started!
Thats good she is doing good, lst never bothered my girls at all, my wws have been a pretty easy auto also, ive not had any major problems thankfully, i still have some ww seeds i will probably grow some more after i harvest these.✌

Thats good she is doing good, lst never bothered my girls at all, my wws have been a pretty easy auto also, ive not had any major problems thankfully, i still have some ww seeds i will probably grow some more after i harvest these...

I'm anxious to hear your final evaluation on your harvest... do you think the difference between the autos and regular gem seeds will be noticeable? Autos are less potent correct?

I'm anxious to hear your final evaluation on your harvest... do you think the difference between the autos and regular gem seeds will be noticeable? Autos are less potent correct?
I think i will yield more off my autos but we will see, and autos can be just as potent as photos, it depends on strain, both my auto strains are suppose to be really strong, the wws have thc up to 19% and the thc bombs are up to 23% thc. My blueberry photo strain is supposed to have thc up to 18%. It really depends on strain, i have heard that some autos are not as potent but the genetics have come along way, they are some strong autos forsure.✌

Back
Top Bottom