First Grow - Stealth Fridge Conversion - White Widow & BubbleG

So the votes are in... I'm gonna top her... I am going to tweak my fridge a bit tomorrow so I'll probably do it then... I tied my other girl down and am going to try and get everything to grow up together... maybe I will too her too! Thanks Tom and Growchy for the support and info! .

Well shit got crazy this evening...

I haven't had the carbon canister hooked up trying to help dissipate the heat... been looking at it and looking at it...

420-magazine-mobile1227963868.jpg

Rubber maid bin to hold and camouflage the canister...

420-magazine-mobile428495392.jpg

Hung the fan from the ceiling of the fridge...

420-magazine-mobile1670912758.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1960998561.jpg

And then the-hung my lights!

420-magazine-mobile1601798562.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1060118835.jpg

I pulled the girls down with some new restraints and gave them a good feeding! Some of my grow juice, sheep manure and distilled water...

Next Thursday will be 4 weeks veg... I want to top them but I'd like to just grow some good bud... maybe these two girls I will just let go and keep on the LST, and maybe a Scrog...

Whatcha think?

That's an excellent stealthy idea bro but I have to make a suggestion. If I'm not mistaken, these can filters need to be before the fan because they pull the air through the center hole and the air you want to scrub needs to enter through the outside, pulled through the carbon and out of the space. Basically your fan can go into the tote and the scrubber inside the fridge. One more suggestion would be to back the led light up to about 18" min from the tops but the cfls are fine that close. Your setup is coming along just gotta make some adjustments. .

Think of it like the fan is your engine in your car and the filter is like your cold air intake .

I was wondering that... I was thinking of buying a new online fan and thought I should do it that way...

One of these days it's going be a cool ass Stealth grow fridge cranking out mature bud every 70-100 days!

Thanks for the input!! .

Growchys right with the fan placement make sure the airs dragging the right way first time I set mine up it was blowing the wrong way . easy mistake to make

Growchys right with the fan placement make sure the airs dragging the right way first time I set mine up it was blowing the wrong way . easy mistake to make

Appreciate the advice! I started looking on eBay for a new fan to pull the air rather than push it! Thanks!!.

Appreciate the advice! I started looking on eBay for a new fan to pull the air rather than push it! Thanks!!.

It's a pain in the arse I was fuming when I did it but we have to learn from mistakes or mistakes that someone else has done for us lol, yeah just re arrange your filter and she'll be running sweet you'll have more control on humidity and heat just thru using it I've got a week till my new one comes bloody battling with humidity is hard without dehumidifiers

Yeah he needs to re arrange that fan lol that's why I mentioned to him about when I've put my fan the wrong way so it sucked not blew threw the filter lol

Well shit got crazy this evening...

I haven't had the carbon canister hooked up trying to help dissipate the heat... been looking at it and looking at it...

420-magazine-mobile1227963868.jpg

Rubber maid bin to hold and camouflage the canister...

420-magazine-mobile428495392.jpg

Hung the fan from the ceiling of the fridge...

420-magazine-mobile1670912758.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1960998561.jpg

And then the-hung my lights!

420-magazine-mobile1601798562.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1060118835.jpg

I pulled the girls down with some new restraints and gave them a good feeding! Some of my grow juice, sheep manure and distilled water...

Next Thursday will be 4 weeks veg... I want to top them but I'd like to just grow some good bud... maybe these two girls I will just let go and keep on the LST, and maybe a Scrog...

Whatcha think?
Are you taking clones from these or are you starting from seed again once they're done? I reckon top and train and they'll fill this space easy. Let those main colas go and they might hit the light

What fan is in there now?

I have a 6" oscillating fan... I've modified it to make it sort of work... trying to just use what was around... I thought a 6" would have enough 'push' to take the heat away but it's not...my temps are still higher than I want them and I was hoping this setup would have worked a bit better...

Fridge grow for the win! You still using the co2 bottle? What temp is the mix when it's in there? Fermentation doesn't work too well if it's not at the right temp. Might also find putting it up higher then the plants will let the co2 rain over them as it is heavier then air. Love the grow so far. It's up my alley.

My temps range from 26C-32C... too high... but they have always been like that... this fridge is sitting in my garage right now with stuff piled up around it... anyone that asks.. I keep to my original story and say it's a project... a smoker project... the hum from the fan isn't very noticeable and it's worked so far! Lol!
The fermentation is definitely churning out CO2... smells like stale beer... I think the girls love it! It's so cheap to run a no brainer...

Are you taking clones from these or are you starting from seed again once they're done? I reckon top and train and they'll fill this space easy. Let those main colas go and they might hit the light

Lol! I am going to restart with seeds... I have a few growing out doors... from a bag full that I have but I'm going to stick with known quality varieties in the fridge... I'd like to just do the 2 plants and continue to do 2, until I find a strain that "hits the spot", if you know what I mean...

I have them both training now and tried my first attempt at FIM'ing... doesn't look like I hit the right spot though with these girls...

I was thinking next week of flipping them to flower... but might push them 1 more week... if I top them, will 2 weeks be enough time to recover before I flip them to flower??

Thanks for all the input! Appreciate all the advice!..

My temps range from 26C-32C... too high... but they have always been like that... this fridge is sitting in my garage right now with stuff piled up around it... anyone that asks.. I keep to my original story and say it's a project... a smoker project... the hum from the fan isn't very noticeable and it's worked so far! Lol!
The fermentation is definitely churning out CO2... smells like stale beer... I think the girls love it! It's so cheap to run a no brainer...
It might smell, but doesn't necessarily mean it's making co2 still. Trust me.

It might smell, but doesn't necessarily mean it's making co2 still. Trust me.

True... Absolutely true! I should have added in my post that bubbles generally fill the juice jug and I have to be sure to only add 2.5-3 cups of sugar to 2 cups of water or it ends up coming out the jug and making a mess(3 cups of water and 4 sugar was a mess!). My jug is around a litre and a half I think... I heat the water to 185f add sugar and shake/mix until the sugar is dissolved... 3-4 Tablespoons of active yeast... cap it and forget about it.

The top of the jug is at the top of my pots... so I drilled the holes in the jug cap on 45 angles... and I point them towards my plants... it's not scientific... and who knows if it works but it not gonna hurt.. I am doing it only to try and help my girls take the heat that I can't get rid of... I read a few different posts that said that an abundance of CO2 helps the plants deal with heat...

I dunno... lol! Sometimes I have too much time on my hands! Lol! I'm just trying whatever... do you have a suggestion for it? I want to keep trying and working on a technique that works... then perfect it!. I'll try anything once but most things twice!! What do u think?

Back
Top Bottom