First Grow - Stealth Fridge Conversion - White Widow & BubbleG

True... Absolutely true! I should have added in my post that bubbles generally fill the juice jug and I have to be sure to only add 2.5-3 cups of sugar to 2 cups of water or it ends up coming out the jug and making a mess(3 cups of water and 4 sugar was a mess!). My jug is around a litre and a half I think... I heat the water to 185f add sugar and shake/mix until the sugar is dissolved... 3-4 Tablespoons of active yeast... cap it and forget about it.

The top of the jug is at the top of my pots... so I drilled the holes in the jug cap on 45 angles... and I point them towards my plants... it's not scientific... and who knows if it works but it not gonna hurt.. I am doing it only to try and help my girls take the heat that I can't get rid of... I read a few different posts that said that an abundance of CO2 helps the plants deal with heat...

I dunno... lol! Sometimes I have too much time on my hands! Lol! I'm just trying whatever... do you have a suggestion for it? I want to keep trying and working on a technique that works... then perfect it!. I'll try anything once but most things twice!! What do u think?
You are spot on man! And what you are doing is gonna definitely help with heat and coz it's in a fridge that 1L bottle should produce up to 700-800ppm when it fully activates. But then it starts to drop, and you'll find the yeast will do it's job and that's when you will smell the alcohol. And that's when the co2 will only be a tad higher then what's already in the atmosphere.

Check out my thread if you have the time. I grow in a fridge also and use a large bucket with 4kg sugar / about 10L water / good heap of yeast. Works about a week. And I keep it warm. Above 25C. I have a co2 meter to know what's happening .

Day 3<br />
It's now time for Cooking with Tunks! Todays menu is fermented sugar. This is my easy peasy recipeeee.<br />
<br />
<br />
<u>Ingredients</u><br />
4L luke warm water<br />
1kg white sugar<br />
1 Cup plain flour<br />
1 Tablespoon yeast.<br />
<br />
<u>Method</u><br />
1. Add water. I boil a portion of my water and add back in to make it just warm enough to dissolve the sugar.<br />
2. Add sugar. Give it a stir so its all dissolved.<br />
3. Sprinkle flour to make a covering over your sugar water.<br />
4. Sprinkle yeast over flour. <br />
<br />
IMG_20170206_034201.jpg
<br />
<br />
I use buckets with sealed lids but I've seen most people make smaller ones using coke bottles with a hose cut into lid like the one off to the right in my picture<br />
<br />
I mixed up 2 new batches 3am this morn before work. Said good morning to me lady and let her be to breathe in that sweet sweet carbon dioxide...

I have since changed this to one 20L bucket to save space but that's how I made mine

You are spot on man! And what you are doing is gonna definitely help with heat and coz it's in a fridge that 1L bottle should produce up to 700-800ppm when it fully activates. But then it starts to drop, and you'll find the yeast will do it's job and that's when you will smell the alcohol. And that's when the co2 will only be a tad higher then what's already in the atmosphere.

Check out my thread if you have the time. I grow in a fridge also and use a large bucket with 4kg sugar / about 10L water / good heap of yeast. Works about a week. And I keep it warm. Above 25C. I have a co2 meter to know what's happening .

I just subbed in! What's funny is that my fridge worked fine before I gut it... Live and learn! I didn't think far enough ahead like you did on yours! Thanks for the confirmation that the CO2 is a good thing and not hurting it! My ratio is similar to yours but on a much smaller scale... looks like I'm gonna have to start looking for a meter to help me dial this all in... new fan, and a CO2 gauge...

This sure is keeping me out of trouble! Lol

I just subbed in! What's funny is that my fridge worked fine before I gut it... Live and learn! I didn't think far enough ahead like you did on yours! Thanks for the confirmation that the CO2 is a good thing and not hurting it! My ratio is similar to yours but on a much smaller scale... looks like I'm gonna have to start looking for a meter to help me dial this all in... new fan, and a CO2 gauge...

This sure is keeping me out of trouble! Lol
Now that does suck! Especially if you plan to go similar route to mine with dwc or the like. People are always selling old fridges though so you could always update your model with fixes and improvements down the track. I think I may do that myself if I get onto a cheap one. Can't wait to see more from your brain here. Keep it up!

How I have my bucket setup now for co2

420-magazine-mobile483428057.jpg

Ohhhh that's nice!! So the small bottle is to catch any overflow and then the tube just flows rich with CO2! I like that! Thanks for sharing! I like the idea of hanging the tube above the plants like a drip feed... .

First Grow - Stealth Fridge Conversion - White Widow & BubbleG

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It was a beauty weekend... well Saturday was... I saw this and nearly pissed my pants laughing!! Lol!...might have been partially the weeds fault... but none the less...
Hope this is ok to post...
420-magazine-mobile109826257.jpg

Yah gotta have fun with this! Its been a a great trip so far... I peeked in at my girls and they are growing like weeds! This Thursday will be 4 weeks since they started veg... hoping to take them to July 13th before I flip them...

So when I flip them... what works better 24 hours of dark or 48 hours? I've noticed a few small light holes that I will need to fill in before I flip them...but does it have to be 100% dark??

Yah gotta have fun with this! Its been a a great trip so far... I peeked in at my girls and they are growing like weeds! This Thursday will be 4 weeks since they started veg... hoping to take them to July 13th before I flip them...

So when I flip them... what works better 24 hours of dark or 48 hours? I've noticed a few small light holes that I will need to fill in before I flip them...but does it have to be 100% dark??

My take it I had mine forced into dark for 24 hours and it did initiate flowering quicker of what I could see but then the 48 hour I ain't done

My take it I had mine forced into dark for 24 hours and it did initiate flowering quicker of what I could see but then the 48 hour I ain't done

So the 24 hours of dark is just to help move things along and kick it into flowering rather than just let it turn in time as it adjusts to the new 12/12 schedule?

I see that... 48 won't matter much and is probably overkill... thanks Rob! Really appreciate your input

I have a 6" inline fan to be delivered end of this week... im glad I bought the variable speed one... I just downloaded the manual and it has like 460 cfm... overkill for this little fridge... but good for my future plans!! I'll take some pics later when I go to check on my girls restraints! 26 days old...I think.

It's day 26ish in veg... both the girls look healthy... I'm going to try my hardest to give them 2 more weeks before I flip them... what do u think?

Darla my WW

420-magazine-mobile252435164.jpg

And Molly my BubbleG
420-magazine-mobile776009274.jpg

And both of them

420-magazine-mobile2011407632.jpg

Put in a fresh batch of CO2 tonight... and couldn't resist a little more LST...

420-magazine-mobile1854664669.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1663101066.jpg

I'm so baffled by the dimensions of these plants... not sure why they are so stalky...

420-magazine-mobile539939082.jpg

420-magazine-mobile966134025.jpg

And that one has only started getting a little bit of training...

Back
Top Bottom