Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

Update (Week 37 / Bloom Week 10-ish)
The End is Here

Mother Nature decided to call this game on account of rain ... and more wind. :(
Tuesday brought heavy rain and plenty of gusty wind that snapped two more unions holding the cover's frame. The wife and I had to do an emergency "canopyectomy" from the garden. One of the broken pieces punctured the cover so the entire thing came down. The only thing holding the cover up was ZD(+) and GT(+). With all the rain, I knew the cover would collect water and crush them. We managed to get it off in about one very wet hour.

Lot's more rain on the way and it is inevitable we will get a hard frost soon. I found about 8 buds from GG4 that had small spots of mold so I let her run as long as possible and I got VERY lucky. It could have been a disaster. The buds are so fuzzy, it is nearly impossible to see the mold until you have them dissected.

These are pic's of what's left. ZD and GT will be coming down over the next couple of days. They are not "ripe" but I think hey are worth harvesting.
All-1_10-26-16.jpg
All-2_10-26-16.jpg

I'm afraid LH#1 may be a complete write-off. I haven't figured out why she is so far behind LH#2. I'll let her go and see what happens.
LH1-1_10-25-16.jpg

This is LH#2. I'll be heading down to chop her in a bit.
LH2-1_10-25-16.jpg

LH2-3_10-25-16.jpg

LH2-2_10-25-16.jpg

Some buds from AS. Top and bottom are my rough trim. The bud in the middle is my Lazy Grower's final trim.
AS_Buds-1_10-24-16.jpg

AS_Buds-2_10-24-16.jpg
AS_Buds-3_10-24-16.jpg

GG4 was chopped after AS so the only produce dry enough to take off the hanging lines is a little popcorn. This is some crazy good stuff to make kief and rosin from.
GG4_Trim-2_10-25-16.jpg
GG4_Trim-1_10-25-16.jpg

GG4_Trim-4_10-25-16.jpg

I finally got a sheet of 125u SS screen for the Shake 'N' Bake. I need to wait for this stuff to get good and dry to process for dry sift. In the mean time I'll be pressing rosin once all the chopping and trimming is behind me.

I should have a few more updates for this journal before I put it to bed. It will be interesting to see how the two big sativas are after being chopped this early.

:Namaste:

Had to bump this! Amazing Major...simply beautiful!

Had to bump this! Amazing Major...simply beautiful!

:thanks: :high-five:

We rough trimmed about half of ZD(+) this morning - probably less than that. I'm only chopping the top off each branch and letting the rest of it go. I didn't touch GT(+) today. Looks like it will take a little longer than this weekend to bring it in.

If you use smart pots or air pots, feeders will get through it anyway, so why not just put them directly in the ground? Makes more sense to me, especially if you want to harvest a lot.
I'm on a small mountain. 3" down and I hit a Caprock. No digging unless with a jackhammer. So, I'm brainstorming on what, and how to keep this soil in range. My vegetable garden is in 2 raised beds. But that would requiretk much work. Maybe, Homemade Insulated pots. Put 7gal in 10gal, fill void with spray foam, let dry, re-drill drain holes, Wallah. Now dunking pot may be a challenge though... We've got 4 months to come up with something, no rush.

Peaceful blazing

I'm on a small mountain. 3" down and I hit a Caprock. No digging unless with a jackhammer. So, I'm brainstorming on what, and how to keep this soil in range. My vegetable garden is in 2 raised beds. But that would requiretk much work. Maybe, Homemade Insulated pots. Put 7gal in 10gal, fill void with spray foam, let dry, re-drill drain holes, Wallah. Now dunking pot may be a challenge though... We've got 4 months to come up with something, no rush.

Peaceful blazing ��

Not exactly a cheap solution, unless you find some used, but how about large ice chest/coolers? New, they run about $20 each. Drill/cut drainage holes in the bottom and you'd have your choice of 7-12 gallon insulated tubs for soil and planting in. You could bury them part way and mulch around them for additional shade and cooling.

If you are making edibles or have another need to decarb' your herb or extracts, this is one of the better graphs I've found for time vs. temperature. I hope it helps someone!

Decarb_Graph.jpg

So 223 deg. f is ideal for making butter????

Mornin' Dutch!
Lower temperatures improve the flavor (retains terpenes). It comes down to the amount of time you want to spend on it. My wife does most of the edibles around here and she goes with 250F for 30 minutes. It's a compromise. The herb has some of that nutty, cooked smell and flavor, but still very tasty. I think 225F for an hour might be the sweet spot but I can't honestly say I've tasted any done that way. There is a big difference in rosin pressed at 250 and 225, but the heating is only for seconds - not decarb'd.

Not exactly a cheap solution, unless you find some used, but how about large ice chest/coolers? New, they run about $20 each. Drill/cut drainage holes in the bottom and you'd have your choice of 7-12 gallon insulated tubs for soil and planting in. You could bury them part way and mulch around them for additional shade and cooling.
Good morning brother. I've a few old ones here laying around in the rat pile (figure of speech) outside. Seems doable. I'm already thinking of what camo pattern I'm gonna paint em up with! Or maybe paint flowers on em! Or maybe.... Lol... Great idea. Hope you are enjoying your growing. Awesome harvest my friend. It'd be a great time to come over and borrow some sugar from ya. Wink wink , Lol. But seriously, I really downplay my growing around most friends as per the golden rule. But, friends who grow, now that's a bit different. The friend that introduced me to growing is about to package up, and take vacation. Massive harvest both indoors and out. He doubled his yield this year. He got some people to invest, and partner with and he bought a new spread and moved by the lakes. Oh, the life of a pirate! lol. Enjoy your day.

Peaceful blazing

Morning Major and Bumble, mornin to all! Major you give so much valuble info dude, you do! I never made butter but might go there. Im assuming thats in a crock pit, the 225 deg????????
I read about your rosin press, seen the video. Incredible!!!! I wonder if thats like the Dabs or Wax that you have to heat with a torch to smoke like a dope pipe??? Or can you just top off a bowel with it which Ive done with wax. I dont like the torch or the dizzyness from it but could be it was solvent based and club bought??? Im not sure. Wicked shit though! Im also thinking the downfall is you build up a tollerance and wont get buzzed off a joint no more???? I dig the rosin press and just bought bubble bags from Amazon.
Im sittin getting stoned waiting for a few pics to load for my thread and DREADING the FULL day of trimming ahead. I figured out yesterday I gots to eat brother because I feel much better when I do!!! Ive got many full days of trimming!!@! Peace

Yep! Trimming sucks ... hard. :O

I'll be chopping more today (in the rain). I probably still have a few more days of "fun" just to get most of it pulled down with a rough trim. I've had to slow down a little 'cuz I have no place to hang it. It is taking 7 days to get the nugs ready for a few days in paper bags before jars.

I'm trying to decide on a nail. The torch setup with a quartz nail sounds awesome , but it is also a lot of "stuff" sitting around. Since it is just for me, I'd like something small, quick and easy, but still able to give accurate temp's and maybe with water/bubbler. I'm currently using a cheap, adjustable 510 vape pen, but it works surprisingly well.

:thanks:

I was going to trim up a Gorilla Glue bud but I can't bring myself to do it. Either this is the easiest plant to trim, or it is impossible. :rofl: Every time I trim a little, I think, what the hell am I doing? The nugs are leafy, but heavy, sticky and resinous. Smell is lemon & mint.

Exactly 10" from stem to stern.
GG4_Bud-4_10-29-16.jpg
GG4_Bud-5_10-29-16.jpg
GG4_Bud-6_10-29-16.jpg

Heck, I don't see why you should have to trim that stuff up. Nice!

I've really been enjoying the fluffy shake from my Hazes lately - lotsa leaf and a startlingly good buzz. :thumb:

Well, I've some G14 Haze I was gonna throw in the spring, now I'm hesitant to. May run too long, eh major?

Peaceful blazing

As I understand it, GG4 is an accidental cross of Chem Sister x Sour Dubble x Chocolate Diesel and is listed as 8-10 weeks. Dunno anything about G14 Haze. I know some Hazes can go forever.

As I understand it, GG4 is an accidental cross of Chem Sister x Sour Dubble x Chocolate Diesel and is listed as 8-10 weeks. Dunno anything about G14 Haze. I know some Hazes can go forever.
Oops, wrong #,from the website. - G13 haze-Whether or not these rumours are true, there is no doubt that this is one of the strongest strains available today with very high levels of THC and buds glistening with resin. This hybrid of G13 has been crossed with an original haze to give it a more uplifting high while still retaining the heavy hitting indica undertones. Bred for maximum potency and renowned for its medical use it's not for the faint hearted!
That's all the info they give. A review of the smoke is that it's similar to amnesia or super silver. Potent and loveable!

Peaceful blazing

Oh Great Jeebus, I am so sick of trimming! It does have its rewards but...
I managed a couple of pretty good pictures of Gorilla Glue all trimmed up.

GG4_Buds-1.jpg
GG4_Buds-2.jpg

And the trim is just as potent as the buds. U can smoke trim in joints, or make edibles, or dry to use as cooking herbs.

The trim is amazing. In fact much of it won't get trimmed.
I'm trying to make kief from the trim, but it is so resinous it doesn't dry sift well. It clumps up and turns to playdough. :(
It does make some awesome rosin, however!

Back
Top Bottom