Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

I hope you do an indoor grow while you're waiting for Spring. The smaller indoor grows will, of course, give you less harvest, but a whole lot less waste, as you, out of necessity, have to LST, trim as you go, etc. At least you will be able to lift the pots! And you can control their environment for a better-tasting harvest.

Thank you for all the help, and the gifts! I learned a lot from you and certain other followers.

Great grow my friend. Amended soil is the ticket for outdoor. Look into rock phosphate next year if you didn't already. You can't put enough bone meal in there either. Congrats on the grow. But rott is just something we have to deal with outdoors. Keepem Green

And BEST tell me when your next dabble in a grow is.................... Keepem Green and your pipe full.

A very green winter indeed. It's been a blast to follow, and I hope next year will be even better :thumb: :passitleft:

Nice work, and especially interesting final analysis.

Dealing with the outdoors is tricky and a daring feat. Seems so easy, but... A plant that evolved in one climate is highly interbred then we try to grow it in a very different climate. I tried one outdoor plant this summer as an experiment, a Northern Lights. I experienced everything...pests, wind, cycles of wet for days/dry for weeks, animals, and finally some bud rot. After all that it sucks to see your plant not finish out but at the first appearance of bud rot you have to chop it right now. Took copious notes on everything and determined it is feasible at my latitude (between 39-40) to grow outdoors effectively...but only with autos or very early finishing varieties. All the sativas I like are out. But many, many autos seem ideal.

So since you seem to be in a similar latitude I agree with your conclusion that the strain you use matters, probably more than everything else. Nice results this year. I look forward to seeing what you choose for next year.

Peace, Hyena

I enjoy your journal. Nice work. Happy Thanksgiving!

Peace, Hyena

tard, I believe the purple comment he made was for NOTM. as far as I know 'purple' doesn't make a different smoke. there are different phenos of the same strain with different colors..due to different terpenes ;) -- colors, smells, flavors..

temps, light schedule, drying and curing temps, etc all play a role in the terps you get, keep and enjoy.
:)

Catching back up here... Dr is spot on imho... I've grown plants that were completely purple .. after chop dry trim and cure.. green buds!

Purple is eye candy - my opinion. Folks that don't grow want to see something special ... purple is exotic... it looks great. It's more difficult to get the purps into the bag than onto the stem.

At the end of the day after trim most of the purple is gone anyway unless its a true purple strain that actually turns black after cure. Those are usually get me tripping.. maybe thats where the "purps is best" thing comes from?? IDK just speculating....

And... happy holidaze everybody. Thanks Major for the grow! I love me dry sift brother!

Catching back up here... Dr is spot on imho... I've grown plants that were completely purple .. after chop dry trim and cure.. green buds!

Purple is eye candy - my opinion. Folks that don't grow want to see something special ... purple is exotic... it looks great. It's more difficult to get the purps into the bag than onto the stem.

At the end of the day after trim most of the purple is gone anyway unless its a true purple strain that actually turns black after cure. Those are usually get me tripping.. maybe thats where the "purps is best" thing comes from?? IDK just speculating....

And... happy holidaze everybody. Thanks Major for the grow! I love me dry sift brother!
From what I've tried and read, the purple strains tend to have different terpenes. Normally a berry, and current kind of small and taste. Or fresh pine shavings..... My purple Malawi has that at the end. It's all about the terps.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

Back
Top Bottom