GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

My first harvest i popped ten seeds the two weeks later i popped ten more plus my freebie popped. at that point i knew i was going to need big jars. not sure where you are located, but i bought a gallon or maybe even a gallon n a half jar the has a mechanisn to keep air in and out. i got this at BIGLOTS for only like 6 bucks. its worth a try and sounds exactly what your looking for

I will check out the pics in a bit. I am mixing up the hash right now. I had almost 2 pounds dry id say, so I better get something out of this...

As for the jars :rofl: @ a pallet or two :). My grow is extremely meager compared to you guys.

I will check out the pics in a bit. I am mixing up the hash right now. I had almost 2 pounds dry id say, so I better get something out of this...

As for the jars :rofl: @ a pallet or two :). My grow is extremely meager compared to you guys.

Hee hee... I wasn't referring to anything as large as say a gross on a literal wooden pallete! :partyboy: LOL! ;)

The 1/2 gallon ones I buy come "6" to a pallete or "case". ;)

After reading Corey's post above... I realized that I forgot to specifically mention that when I was looking for larger jars, I was looking for a case of them rather than buying them individually. I have actually seen 1 gallon and larger online, but they are not sold in lots which is generally a lot cheaper than buying them individually. The ones I saw were like Corey described, with one of those metal cage-like lids that clamp the lid closed and lock it down onto the top of the jar mouth rather than a screw on lid like the 1/2 gallon and smaller canning jars generally offer.

Thanks for the info Corey!

Good luck with your hash making efforts Jimmy! I'm turning in for the night! See you guys tomorrow at some point. Got some stuff to do in the morning, but after that I would like to chop the few remaining plants I have left and get them hung in a drying closet.

Talk to ya then!

Night all! :thanks:

GG7's 420 Contest Entries for October 2012!
End of the Season Comments - Closing of this Journal Later this Week!

We haven't entered any of the 420 Mag contests since our big POTM win back in September of 2011, so we decided to enter TWO contests this month based on the strength of our 2012 season.

1) First up we have a close trimmed nugget from Harlequin GDB #1 in the "Nug of the Month Contest"

2) Next up we decided at the last minute to enter GDP #2 into the "Plant of the Month Contest" for October 2012!

We welcome your support and your vote in one or both of these October contests! :thumb:

Harvests winding down...

Yesterday we finally harvested Blue Cheese #3 and it is now drying in the closet. That leaves just two more of the small M.O.N. clones to go before we can close the book on our 2012 season! :yahoo:

Plants remaining to be harvested are...

M.O.N. OG Fire & M.O.N. OG Kush

The plan is to chop those two at the same time tomorrow and get them drying. GDP #2's bud should be about ready to come down and get its final trim before going into jars then.

Stay tuned for all that at some point tomorrow!

Final post for this journal coming up this week!

After thinking about our timeline with regards to the upcoming CS project, I have decided to close down this journal at the conclusion of the final harvest photo updates and create a brand new journal dedicated to that GDP and Blue Cheese CS Seed Creation project! I thought it made more sense to send this journal over to the completed journal section when we have logged and photo documented the final 2012 harvests happening tomorrow.

As an appropriate final post, I am currently working up a list of all the direct page links to every single one of our 2012 harvest photo updates. We noticed that a lot of folks apparently missed many of them when the pages were being updated so fast over the last couple of weeks. We have also noticed that the number of people following and liking our more recent updates has really dropped off, so that tells me that the time has come to wrap this one up and move on.

That final post will allow everyone who may have missed some or all of our 2012 harvest updates to click on the various links in order to quickly view the various strains as they were being harvested. In addition to the primary harvest photo posts, I will also include any weigh-ins as well.

So... Stay tuned over the next couple of days as we wind down this journal and close this chapter of our indoor/outdoor growing history!

Thanks to everyone who has supported our efforts over the last two years, and don't forget to check out those contests this month and VOTE!! :thumb:

Cheers! :) :thanks:

Final Harvests for 2012 Season!
Medicinal Organic Nursery's Grand Daddy Fire

This is one of the two remaining small M.O.N. clones that I received from my friends at Medicinal Organic Nursery last spring. These were grown in small conventional pots, so they never got very big, but they both had impressive yields considering their size.

We harvested both plant earlier this morning, and here are the photos from that session...

M.O.N. Grand Daddy Fire or "GD Fire"

P1010328.JPG
P10103381.JPG
P10103361.JPG
P1010337.JPG
P10103381.JPG

Final Harvests of the 2012 Season!
Medicinal Organic Nursery's "OG GD"

P1010327.JPG
P10103291.JPG
P10103301.JPG
P1010331.JPG
P10103321.JPG
P10103341.JPG

Our final harvest photo update will be of Blue Cheese #3 which was harvested a few days ago and has just come out of the drying closet.

Stay tuned for that final photo update next!
:thanks:

amazing as always mate, your buds always look top quality, well done

i am ordering some seeds when my money goes in at midnight tonight, ive gone with a purple widow pack of 10 and ive gone with a pack of 10 autos as well, that should keep me growing for a while, plus the autos will be used for breeding at a future date, for now i just want to try and get some nice purple strain, and im hoping the purple widow is the one

Final Harvest of the 2012 Season!
Medicinal Organic Nursery Blueberry Cheese #3!

The following are images of the dried buds right after they came out of the drying closet but before they have been removed from the branches and given their final trim.

This photo update completes our 2012 growing season! :yahoo:

P1010339.JPG
P10103411.JPG
P10103401.JPG

Stay tuned for my final official post that will contain links to all of the harvest photos from this year's impressive season!

Should have that post up here in the next few hours!

Until then... :thanks:

WOWZERS, that's some pretty bud you have there. :yummy:
Great size, and really nice trim. Congrats on another great season my friend! :high-five:

Thanks as always for checking in XL! I am more than pleased with the quality and the yields of everything I grew this year! Even the little clones that I really didn't have the space or time for, did great! Testament to the quality of the M.O.N. strains that I have been focused on this year. The GDP kicked major ass this year as well with the hands down best harvest I have ever had from those!

I'm closing down this journal today, so I wanted to also say THANKS for all your great advice and support since I joined this site back in June of 2011!

I will shortly have a lot more time on my hands, so I plan to spend some of it following your latest journal, so I will see you soon over there!

Take care! :)

amazing as always mate, your buds always look top quality, well done

i am ordering some seeds when my money goes in at midnight tonight, ive gone with a purple widow pack of 10 and ive gone with a pack of 10 autos as well, that should keep me growing for a while, plus the autos will be used for breeding at a future date, for now i just want to try and get some nice purple strain, and im hoping the purple widow is the one

Sounds good!

I'm not familiar with that strain, but I wish you the best of luck with your new strains DP! Hopefully the purple traits are strong in that one, and you are finally able to get some decent purple buds! :)

2012 Harvest Updates Recap!
Direct links to all of our 2012 harvest photos!
Closing Comments and the Conclusion of this Journal

As we close this journal and move on towards our new dedicated CS Project Journal, I wanted to provide everyone with links to all of the various harvest photo updates we have posted over the last few weeks. The pages were updating pretty fast and I know that some folks probably missed at least one of my many harvest photo updates.

The following links will take you to the photo update post for that specific plant, so click away and enjoy!

M.O.N. Harlequin GDB #1 - Final Trim - Weigh In
M.O.N. Harlequin GDB #2 - Final Trim - Weigh In

------------

M.O.N. Purple Diesel - Final Trim

------------

GDP #1 Phase 1 - Final Trim - GDP #1 Phase 2
GDP #5 - Final Trim - Weigh In
GDP #3 - Part 2
GDP #2 - Pre-Harvest - Harvest
GDP Seed Project Final

------------

Blue Cheese #1 & 2 - BC #2 Final Trim
Blue Cheese #3

------------

Misc. Medicinal Organic Nursery Clones

Grandpa Larry OG
Inferno
Grand Daddy Fire
M.O.N. OG-GD

Oh!
And don't forget to check out our two entries in the October NUG and PLANT of the Month Contests!

=====================================

Thanks for Everything! :Namaste:

I wanted to thank everyone who has followed this journal from the beginning and all those who joined up with us later! Your input, advice and helpful links have made this process a heck of a lot easier!

A PM has just been sent off to the 420 staff requesting that they move this journal to the COMPLETED JOURNAL section.

I plan to create a new journal for the GDP and Blue Cheese CS Project in the next week or two, so stay tuned for that! In the meantime, feel free to post your final comments here!

Until the next project... TAKE CARE EVERYONE! :)
:cheer: :circle-of-love:

its been a great journal to follow mate, just make sure you drop us a msg when ever you start a new one,

you got some amazing results and the buds speak for themselves, ill be following along for sure when you next project is up and running

Goose do you know where I can get some real GDP clones of a good pheno? I am about to start a small DWC grow and GDP just might be the ticket.

Wow Goose I just noticed your Grandpa Larry OG, its bud structure looks a lot like my Larry OG x Bubba Kush. I am about to take new pics of it in a min. Its in a spot that dosent get tons of direct light so its still got 1-2 weeks till harvest though. At least I think thats why its taking so long.

its been a great journal to follow mate, just make sure you drop us a msg when ever you start a new one,

you got some amazing results and the buds speak for themselves, ill be following along for sure when you next project is up and running

Thanks Don Paul!

I really appreciate your comments because that was precisely my goal when I started this journal! I wanted to contribute something lasting to the 420 community and produce a body of discussion and information that people could relate to and refer to when needed for a long time.

I think I have acheived that and also got a lot of great contributions from some of the regulars here as well! :)

Goose do you know where I can get some real GDP clones of a good pheno? I am about to start a small DWC grow and GDP just might be the ticket.

If you want the real thing, then there is only one place you can go that will guarantee that what you are buying is the genuine article. That would be GDP's creator Ken Estes' own web site where he has recently created a seed based version of his original clone-only GDP. The latter is what I grow here and until recently was the only way you could get the real GDP strain.

Since I have not grown or sampled Ken's seed version I can't comment on how it compares to the original clone only strain that made Grand Daddy Purple so famous in the first place.

You could strap some clones on a Geese and have them fly down to my house to drop em off too :)

Birds of a feather flock together.

OH btw True Value hardware stocks those 1/2 gallon jars.

That sucks that you guys didn't get anything from that system that just came through here. It definitely wasn't a very impressive storm, and nothing like what we really need for the whole state!

I hear word that we are supposed to be getting a mild El Nino this winter which is good news for us and as far north as where you are. Not so much for extreme Northern Cal beyond where James lives or further up to Oregon and Washington State. So far, I am not seeing any evidence of this happening, but sometimes it takes till November or December before that pattern begins to manifest itself in the weather patterns.

I'm just relieved that we got just over a quarter of an inch! That is just enough to dial back the fire danger up here, at least for awhile. Was just listening to the weather radio and they are now talking about another warm up by Sunday! Arrgh! Enough already!

I like a nice sunny day as much as anyone, but NOT NOW!! We need a good winter this year! Can't tell you how distressing it is to look at the Yosemite Falls web cam and see a barren DRY cliff with no sign of a waterfall! I never thought I would ever see something so disturbing as that! Kind of like waking up one day and finding the Sacramento river gone and the river bed bone dry!

Climate change is a scarry thing! And it is happening right before our eyes! Can't believe there are still people out there who say it is some kind of a hoax! Thats crazy talk! :loopy:

Crazy talk or not, it's happening, and will happen no matter what we do... We've already done the damage, and now, she'll spank us for it. Mother Earth reacts slowly, but when she does, it'll be sure something to stand up and take notice.

I'm not entirely convinced that the changing climate isn't something that's naturally occurring, though. She's shown a history of dramatic swings over the eons, and this to me is just part of that. Remember the Ice Age? Well, we don't of course, but... And can you imagine what the wooly mammoths were talking about as it got warmer afterward? "This world's goin' ta hell in a handbasket, I tell ya. Those Hominidae over there are heating up the world with their campfires!"

GG7 If I Could Take Photos As Well As You, I Would Enter The POTM And The NOTM Contests, But Without The Proper Camera And Good Lighting, I Feel All My Pictures Look Like HELL, Especially Compared To YOURS!!!:high-five: I Used The Camera I Have Now, In The Win I Have, But I Feel Those Were Taken On A Day When The Lighting Outside Was Just Perfect, And That Unfortunately Does Not Happen Every Day(SEE MY PICTURES, LOL!!!):cheesygrinsmiley: Good Luck On Your Entrants, I Have To Check And See What Else Is Offered, But I Cannot Imagine That I Will Not Be Voting Your Way!!! And Back A Day Or Two, I Use No Sealing Packs With The Herb I Cure, Just A Room That Is Temperature Controlled So I Do Not Need The Packs. Sorry Just Had To Say That, I Know It Was A Few Days Ago, But...

Anyways All, Harvest Is Almost Over, 1 Plant Left To Go:woohoo:!!! Tomorrow It ENDS, TILL NEXT YEAR!!! I Am Actually Thinking HARD About NOT GROWING NEXT YEAR. Our Life Has Been Devoted Either To My Former Career And This, It Is Time For Some REAL TIME OFF!!! Like Beaches And Historical Landmarks I Have Wanted To See MY WHOLE LIFE!!! But With My Wife Ill, It Is Hard To Travel, PERIOD. I Just NEED A BREAK Is All, A Long One, With No Responsibilities,Problems You Know, UTOPIA!!! Any Ways All, I Am Out!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom