Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Is this going to be another breeding round or are you just going to grow them out to observe similarities and differences?

It's going to be another breeding round. I know I shouldn't be doing Indicas during grey mold season, but I'm gonna have a go at it anyway.

Thanks I hope there's more too :)
I checked the GDP plant that I have in flower today and had to pull it a little early. I knew I would be messing with grey mold if I flowered these dense nug plants out right now. Spring is pretty damp around here and grey mold thrives in it. I hope in about 3 weeks when I go to start round three of this breeding project that the rH in my area is lower than it is now. It was only on one bud, so it wasn't bad. I saw a little poof of spores when I pulled the nugs apart so I expect to see more. Gonna have to find my sulfur evaporator. :(

Sorry about the grey mold PC, I had a similar issue..
I've been growing for a year and a half and I've never experienced any RH over 50% until last week.. I had some 70% spikes and some low temps.. I guess I'm not use to it raining in California since last year's drought. One day they all looked fine and the next day there was a single cola with a bunch of dried leaves. I follow a ton of journals and knew I had seen this issue before. I chopped the bud and took it to another room to investigate. She was brown inside with very little white mold. I disposed of it, cleaned my hands with rubbing alcohol and used a q tip to clean the exposed stem. I was so worried about her because I wanted to continue the flush but was scared of what would happen if I didn't harvest her. The very next day my rh was at 27%.

I took the chance and left her in flower and as of today I have not seen anymore mold and the rest of the ladies are fine (knock on wood) these constant RH spikes are a pain in my ass. Using a dehumidifier has never even crossed my mind until this small hiccup. I have a couple friends expeirence the same thing this year around the same time so mother nature is keeping us on our toes... I hope everything works out for you and maybe you'll get some of this sunshine were experiencing.. Almost 90 today... Just wanted to share my story with you to let you know your not the only one. One thing I'm learning about growing is to never be over confident because that's when the issues start. Now I'm battling the heat and hoping my portable A.C. shows up soon..

Hah! Congrats, PotChimp! I didn't know!

I guess I got good taste in grow journals, huh? :cheesygrinsmiley: :;): :bongrip:

They snuck up on me with that journal of the month title,,, hell it took me damn near 10 years to become a connoisseur. I was happily plodding along and blam.. I ain't anymore.. I thought I was moving up in the world... Keepem Green

They sneak up on ya, Twox. One day you think your starting to understand all about pot and the next,, well.... JK Ofcourse. But hey Pot Chimp that pen they for smoking flowers,,, that is a pretty good pen. We've tried abunch that claim to burn flowers,, leaving alot lacking,, or fighting with crap elements,,, Miss J has been using hers, alot' and it still works... I even got to use it once,,, jk not but it does work better than all the others.. Enjoy you deserve it... Keepem Green

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 it's getting close to done:

0042971.JPG
0111472.JPG
0101668.JPG

there ain't much dope on that plant..... :(

But You know if it's the right one for you,, you just need to plant more next time. This one I've been drooling over B-DOG isn't that big in the yield,, but packs a hella punch I just have to figure out how to get her yields up. SOG or multitopped plant?
She sure looks tasty, from here they look like them large headed trichomes.. Should be a winner.. Least in the smoke department..
GL and Keepem Green

But You know if it's the right one for you,, you just need to plant more next time. This one I've been drooling over B-DOG isn't that big in the yield,, but packs a hella punch I just have to figure out how to get her yields up. SOG or multitopped plant?
She sure looks tasty, from here they look like them large headed trichomes.. Should be a winner.. Least in the smoke department..
GL and Keepem Green

Yeah. I'd like to hear some thoughts on that, too. :hmmmm: I've been wondering about SOGs. Nobody seems to do 'em - why not? I've been mulling over a fast SOG grow in 3 gallon pots - veg 'em for a month and let 'er rip, y'know? Mine are 10" so I can squeeze 8 of them into the space that 3 bigger 6 gallons take up. I seems like the math favors SOGs vs growing up a big ol' multi-top plant. I'd spend 100 days vegging one of those ...

Don't SOGs yield really well?

You gotta have the right plant one big main cola type plant. Last SOG I did was 1-gallon pots. I vegged for a week. Trim all the bottom branches so all there is is the main top and couple of the next branches after the stretch. You still end up with a 2' plant. I did 16 plants in a 4X4 tent. You just woodn't want to waste your time doing something like that with a plant that produces small buds. But them big 1 oz buds can be found, and when all the energy goes to that main cola,, she gets bigger. Some plants don't do well like that and produce better in a bush form or a SCOG type grow. I have to say the worse thing about them 1-gallon pots was having to water everyone every night... All comes down to knowing your plant. We get better everytime... GL and Keepem Green

I dunno then. I wanted to try it with a bunch of sativas, but if you still got to 2 feet with a one week veg, that makes the one month idea kinda iffy. I'll have to think it over. The sativas would easy to trim into a single cola, and I have a cloner that would probably get bloom-cycle clones to root ... :hmmmm:

I'm thinking that if I could get 1oz per plant = 8oz, that's about as much as I get from 3 plants my typical way.

... just have some odds and ends I'd like to run for variety and this would be a nice way to do that.

I can get 36 one gallon pots (the round ones) in this 3' x 3' tent. I might try that someday. :)
Here's a GDP clone I just put into flower. I'm hoping it's that original I kept cloning, but I think it's one of the S1s I did:

0052768.JPG

I've got a few GDP clones in veg too; I'll get pics of them up soon. Until I start the next GDP f3 breeding round, that Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 is all I have going on besides the clones. It'll be gone soon; yesterday was week 11 from flip so I think I'll chop it in a few days :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom