Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Here's a GDP plant in flower (I think it's one of the GDP S2s I cloned):

0052785.JPG

I think I'll put it under my 600 watt HPS so it'll get fatter :)
I can't wait to get started on the next round, but I have to. I got no room 'til my Ak17 grow chops out.

I've got a mess going on in my grow room. Got some autos, some regs. All looking good so far. I'm not sure what to think about the auto's yet, they seem to be slow under my LEDs. I may have to hitem with the hps

I've got a mess going on in my grow room. Got some autos, some regs. All looking good so far. I'm not sure what to think about the auto's yet, they seem to be slow under my LEDs. I may have to hitem with the hps.

Use the force ;) I'm trying to get some more info on the LEDs from people on here that have used them (especially if you have also used hps/hid) They haven't caught on as much as they have over there. Is it all about power consumption and heat? It's something we have to seriously think about over here BUT if it's all about bud quality and not the cost of a grow then surely this means more lights and bigger grow spaces using LEDs as it's not about the power or heat signature?

I use gen 1 Mars 300 watt LEDs for veg. They work pretty good for veg. But I've never used them for flowering. I have a 1000 watt hps for flower that I know works. All my garden is on 18/6 at the moment and I'm trying to be patient. But I keep thinking hittem with the hps soon to get the best results. The struggle is real

I use gen 1 Mars 300 watt LEDs for veg. They work pretty good for veg. But I've never used them for flowering. I have a 1000 watt hps for flower that I know works. All my garden is on 18/6 at the moment and I'm trying to be patient. But I keep thinking hittem with the hps soon to get the best results. The struggle is real .

Do you know the rough equivalent that an LED would have to run off compared to a 1000w hps to get similar results? I don't know anything about the light coverage from LEDs but have a good grasp of hps as they're all I've ever used. I think what I'm trying to say is can I grow more plants with 1000w of LED power (I dont know if the boards get bigger as the watts increase thus spreading light across more of a surface area?)

I'm not sure. I'm just familiar with the LEDs in veg. IMO I believe LEDs can't compare to hps. But I'm on judging from using my old outdated LEDs. I'm sure the modern LEDs are probably better

Do you know the rough equivalent that an LED would have to run off compared to a 1000w hps to get similar results? I don't know anything about the light coverage from LEDs but have a good grasp of hps as they're all I've ever used. I think what I'm trying to say is can I grow more plants with 1000w of LED power (I dont know if the boards get bigger as the watts increase thus spreading light across more of a surface area?)

Look at Black Diamond LEDs, They have two that will supposedly out-perform 1000w HPS. Here is a link.

Black Diamond LED grow lights Perfect Sun

I have one of their smaller lights and love it!

Look at Black Diamond LEDs, They have two that will supposedly out-perform 1000w HPS. Here is a link.

Black Diamond LED grow lights Perfect Sun

I have one of their smaller lights and love it!

Haha thank you mate, I'm not sure if there's a European distributor of the Black Diamond line. They look more impressive than the LEDs on show here and the technicals seem more realistic. I still don't know if I'm convinced, I might have done the math wrong but it seems like I'd need 2 LED boards to cover the area 1 HPS would taking out the point of it running cheaper? Or is my yield going to increase so much so that it's worth the extra thousand or so for a LED set up with HPS coverage?

Haha thank you mate, I'm not sure if there's a European distributor of the Black Diamond line. They look more impressive than the LEDs on show here and the technicals seem more realistic. I still don't know if I'm convinced, I might have done the math wrong but it seems like I'd need 2 LED boards to cover the area 1 HPS would taking out the point of it running cheaper? Or is my yield going to increase so much so that it's worth the extra thousand or so for a LED set up with HPS coverage?

One of their lights is on movers.....it slowly rolls back and forth over a grow area and due to the intensity it is able to cover a larger area (according to reports). There is another factor that you are over looking as well. The buds from LED grown plants are generally stickier, stronger and have a more intense aroma. So the HPS might still out perform the LED in terms of yield, but generally with high quality LEDs, the product is generally better. So you have to factor are you growing for highest yield (though according to the link I gave you, his high watt LED will out perform 1000 watt HPS) or higher quality. Then there is the factor of the reduced energy use if that matters to you, as well as heat being an issue (both those factors were more of a factor for me than yield or potency).

I think that the bottom line (in my opinion) is that LEDs have come a long way in the last 10 years. If you go with a top end LED, I believe that the yields will be comparable as will the quality of bud. It really boils down to choice if you spend the money on a good LED, but all bets are off if you are comparing a 900 watt LED that costs 200 bucks. If you pay for entry level LEDs, you will get out performed. Having said all that, I have zero experience growing cannabis under HPS. I have used T5s for growing vegetables for a few seasons but no HPS, so I have no baseline for comparison. I own and use 3 different LEDs, really for experimental purposes. Two of them are mid level LEDs and the Perfect Sun Dwarf Star is more on the upper end. I want to see if there really is much difference between the three lights.

Yielded over 1 gpw with the MINI. One plant, one cabinet, one 125w actual PS MiNI led = 140 grams. Yield, check. I smoke the buds and get lost going to the local 711. Potency, check. My only complaint is that I don't have a big enough grow space for the dwarf star lmao.

You do know there's a 90 day money back guarantee... that's enough time to grow an auto or an 8 weeek strain with a short veg time. It's impossible to lose when you buy from Neil, you won't be disappointed with any of his products. I've personally dealt with him and he is an honest person with an amazing product.
Lmao you will find yourself posting things like this too when you own one!

You really can't go wrong with the Perfect Sun spectrum.

Yielded over 1 gpw with the MINI. One plant, one cabinet, one 125w actual PS MiNI led = 140 grams. Yield, check. I smoke the buds and get lost going to the local 711. Potency, check. My only complaint is that I don't have a big enough grow space for the dwarf star lmao.

You do know there's a 90 day money back guarantee... that's enough time to grow an auto or an 8 weeek strain with a short veg time. It's impossible to lose when you buy from Neil, you won't be disappointed with any of his products. I've personally dealt with him and he is an honest person with an amazing product.
Lmao you will find yourself posting things like this too when you own one!

You really can't go wrong with the Perfect Sun spectrum.

Just curious Growchy, how long did you veg on that grow?

Back
Top Bottom