Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

OK, I just wanted to make sure you weren't saying lbs LOL. I thought you meant oz's. I would tend to think that if you spent a little time in veg and did some decent training, that 13 oz's would be fairly normal for a plant under 1000 watt HPS. But then again I haven't ever grown under HPS and it seems a lot of people spend shorter time in veg than I would so who knows.

Difference is the majority of you are allowed! I'd love to have a Christmas tree but think it might stick out a bit ;)

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

0013485.JPG

It'll be smoked up by today. :)

It smoked good too :tokin:
I'll be starting my next generation of GDP seeds in a few days; I need to get me some more small pots first. I'm kind of worried about grey mold due to growing plants this dense during the Spring and Summer months, but I want to see what comes of this mess.

I've been known to go dumpster diving behind nurseries to pick up some starter pots. I even found 25 brand new 5 gallon pots once.
Keepem Green

It smoked good too :tokin:
I'll be starting my next generation of GDP seeds in a few days; I need to get me some more small pots first. I'm kind of worried about grey mold due to growing plants this dense during the Spring and Summer months, but I want to see what comes of this mess.

Hey there PC.. nice n tasty nugs there buddy! :thumb:

Worried about mold & PM. Get some Horsetail Ferns and make a tea, mix tea with water and spray the plants while in VEG. Can also spray while in flower but the trick (if there's a trick) is to kill the spores early on in VEG before the buds get thick and dank.

It works... I've been doing it and I'm in Philly where summer time is 90-100F with 90% RH.. I ALWAYS get some PM ... since using the Horsetail Fern tea... minor to nada.... last plant I just trimmed had nothing ... she went thru 5 days of 95F and humdid AF.. couldn't harvest it was soooo humid.

I had to research this issue. When we grow plants that get this thick and big frosty buds... those mold spores take hold and as soon as harvest bam... shit's everywhere!

Looking forward to the next round... KIG

Hey there PC.. nice n tasty nugs there buddy! :thumb:

Worried about mold & PM. Get some Horsetail Ferns and make a tea, mix tea with water and spray the plants while in VEG. Can also spray while in flower but the trick (if there's a trick) is to kill the spores early on in VEG before the buds get thick and dank.

It works... I've been doing it and I'm in Philly where summer time is 90-100F with 90% RH.. I ALWAYS get some PM ... since using the Horsetail Fern tea... minor to nada.... last plant I just trimmed had nothing ... she went thru 5 days of 95F and humdid AF.. couldn't harvest it was soooo humid.

I had to research this issue. When we grow plants that get this thick and big frosty buds... those mold spores take hold and as soon as harvest bam... shit's everywhere!

Looking forward to the next round... KIG

Great info Bob, not sure how bad my humidity will be here (northern Mass close to the NH border and inland about 30 or so miles). I certainly don't want to be battling any sort of mold on my bud. My whole grow (on flower day 15) has had fairly low humidity except the last 2 weeks with all the rain moving through. I know that will change now that June is here, I just don't know how humid it will get. I am hoping it won't be too bad, but its good to know that trick, thank you sir!

Some great looking buds there PC.

Quick question, what does the F3 mean. I know it has something to do with the lineage...but what specifically does it refer to?

The f means filial. Basically it's an offspring bred out from a true mother and father. If you ever see the letter S (like S1 or S2), it means selfed (you can treat a female plant with colloidal silver to force it to produce male parts and get seeds from it). I read once that for basic stability of a strain, you have to breed something out at least five filial generations. I assume the seeds I bought were f1, and I bred them out (f2), grew those seeds, and bred them again (f3). These f3 seeds I got from that are what I'm growing and breeding this time.

The f means filial. Basically it's an offspring bred out from a true mother and father. If you ever see the letter S (like S1 or S2), it means selfed (you can treat a female plant with colloidal silver to force it to produce male parts and get seeds from it). I read once that for basic stability of a strain, you have to breed something out at least five filial generations. I assume the seeds I bought were f1, and I bred them out (f2), grew those seeds, and bred them again (f3). These f3 seeds I got from that are what I'm growing and breeding this time.

Thank you for that excellent explanation! I bought some of that stuff to make feminized seeds, but it didn't get here in time to use this grow. I will attempt to use it on the next grow. I am going to breed some male to female in my small tent this time around, including crossing.

Also it's possible and it's happened to me, you can get S1 seeds from nanners. I had a few plants that did this last round. I had a lighting change and I was running 2 different strains that I really like. WAY down low where the popcorn buds usually are and I usually trim them off. there was several selfed little tiny popcorn buds with seeds. The nanner was tucked way up behind the bud at the stalk right at the top of the little tiny bud... got like 3-4 viable seeds, and there were 3 plants that exhibited this behavior.

I'm not an expert on breeding ... not even in my bailiwick... but from what I've read about S1's, that the short cut to stability. Again that's what I've read.

With the colloidal silver, that's a pretty harsh chemical, it's actually or was used to kill gonnerea, syphilis and bubonic plague viruses ... seriously, cant be all that good for passing on genetics. Just a little food for thought.

My dad was an old school pediatrician and used to do house calls, occasionally there was a home birth involved. He carried that shit in his doc kit, they washed eyes out with that in case the mother had an STD that would be passed to the child at birth. Wash the eyes out with it so the baby doesn't go blind.. crazy shit. My son had that treatment when he was born... now they test for STDs and do a cesarean section if a virus is detected.

Yah so you can go blind not JUST from masturbation... you can thank your father too, Luke! :cheer: :laugh: :whoa: /JK

Back on topic... I haven't tried my S1 seeds yet. I will try them this fall after the summer when I can focus on seedlings... I'm gearing up for fishing... fuck this heat/humidity, we are heading north.

PC each round your growing I see improvements from looking at the pics, is that what you are experiencing after harvest? Buds keep getting fatter... larger and more colorful... you're kicking it ... good job buddy! :thumb:

I had that same thing happen with an Ace Panama fem. The only pollen in the room was from a few of her own overlooked nanners and I got a few dozen mature S1 fem seeds. :cheesygrinsmiley: I grew two of them out, and one was identical to the mother but the next one was a mutant - weak, weak stems, couldn't hold itself up.

Conradino once pointed out that you'll still get variety from S1 fems - just not as much as F1 regs.

Back
Top Bottom