Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Also it's possible and it's happened to me, you can get S1 seeds from nanners. I had a few plants that did this last round. I had a lighting change and I was running 2 different strains that I really like. WAY down low where the popcorn buds usually are and I usually trim them off. there was several selfed little tiny popcorn buds with seeds. The nanner was tucked way up behind the bud at the stalk right at the top of the little tiny bud... got like 3-4 viable seeds, and there were 3 plants that exhibited this behavior.

I'm not an expert on breeding ... not even in my bailiwick... but from what I've read about S1's, that the short cut to stability. Again that's what I've read.

With the colloidal silver, that's a pretty harsh chemical, it's actually or was used to kill gonnerea, syphilis and bubonic plague viruses ... seriously, cant be all that good for passing on genetics. Just a little food for thought.

My dad was an old school pediatrician and used to do house calls, occasionally there was a home birth involved. He carried that shit in his doc kit, they washed eyes out with that in case the mother had an STD that would be passed to the child at birth. Wash the eyes out with it so the baby doesn't go blind.. crazy shit. My son had that treatment when he was born... now they test for STDs and do a cesarean section if a virus is detected.

Yah so you can go blind not JUST from masturbation... you can thank your father too, Luke! :cheer: :laugh: :whoa: /JK

Back on topic... I haven't tried my S1 seeds yet. I will try them this fall after the summer when I can focus on seedlings... I'm gearing up for fishing... fuck this heat/humidity, we are heading north.

PC each round your growing I see improvements from looking at the pics, is that what you are experiencing after harvest? Buds keep getting fatter... larger and more colorful... you're kicking it ... good job buddy! :thumb:

Off topic question Bob, but where are you going fishing and for what? Just took my dad to Costa Rica for a surprise dream fishing trip (he's 77 so I was running out of chances to do that). Had an awesome time, caught Tuna, Sailfish, Rooster Fish, Cubera Snapper, Jacks. And I feel you on the heat and humidity. I live in the NorthEast and it was 96 with higher humidity yesterday....SCREW THAT CRAP!!

Grand Daddy Purple:

0091869.JPG

It does seem like the weed I'm growing gets better, bobrown14. It probably is due to the fact that I went to granular nutes and the plants I'm growing are doing better so the buzz is better. Thanks :)

Thanks :) I hope these GDP plants I just started keep a good color to them. The warm nights don't seem to affect the color on this pheno much, though.
I'll be starting these GDP f3 seeds in a few days after I deal with a problem I have with my other plants.

What problems are you having PC??

Tobacco Mosaic Virus on a reveg of mine. I have to figure out how I'm going to isolate it (and the clones I took from it) so it doesn't spread.

Damn, never heard of it before. Just read up on it....not good brother. Have you dealt with it before? Do you have any clue how you got infected?

Damn, never heard of it before. Just read up on it....not good brother. Have you dealt with it before? Do you have any clue how you got infected?

Yes. Check out the second page of this journal when I grew Jack the Ripper for the first time:

Jack The Ripper

Interesting. I haven't really heard a lot of good thing about the TGA seeds. Seems there are issues from many of the people that try to grow them. Was that your only Strain from them? Have you run any other breeders strains where you have issues that you think were directly from the breeder (seems like it can be passed down genetically from what I read)?

So far it's the only strain I can think of that I did from that breeder. I'm not a big Barney's Farm fan, but that's just because I don't find keepers very often. I've gotten hermies from CG, CC, and DNA Genetics before, but I guess that happens with all breeders. I haven't grown a single thing from either B C Bud Depot or Dinafem that has a hair on its a$$ and everything I've grown from a breeder named Math-you Rye-it is total crap good luck keeping hermies out of your tent while running perfect conditions with his unstable $hit..... :straightface:

420-magazine-mobile135114595.jpg

I've always been happy with seeds from Barneys. I've used them for seven years and have had nothing but good results. The hat atop the head of Mrs Chro is my good luck charm that I wear whilst tending my garden. Call me superstitious but I honestly believe it adds a bit more dank to the party ;)

I probably just get all the wrong stuff from BF is why.
Vanilla Kush (twice) :(
Acapulco Gold nope not even close :(
Ell Ess Dee (twice too) :(
Now, one Dr Grinspoon plant I had was :) even though it grew like crap and the first time I grew Tangerine Dream it was :) too, but the second time I tried to do it again and relive the Dream, :(
I should maybe try some of the other strains they do.

I got a couple of clones of Barneys Tangerine Dream and it was one of the worst plants I have ever grown. It took forever to grow and produced terrible buds while being super susceptible to pests and disease. I have heard mixed reviews of the Pineapple Chunk, ranging from amazing to sub-par at best. I think if they spent more time stabilizing their strains that they could be a really good breeder but as it stands they are one I avoid. As for TGA I have a Querkle by them that is great though it doesnt grow as big of buds as I would like. They are super dense though. I grew a Pennywise from them that I really enjoyed other than it throwing bananas every where in late flower. I flowered it out twice in two separate tents with the same results. The buds were all nice, dense fragrant and greasy.

I think most breeders produce stock that is too varied to be considered stable. So they take the description of their best pheno they find and make it sound as good as possible to sell as many seeds as they can. Which makes sense from a business point of view if you are trying to make money quick, but if you are looking for longevity it isnt the best approach.

I got a couple of clones of Barneys Tangerine Dream and it was one of the worst plants I have ever grown. It took forever to grow and produced terrible buds while being super susceptible to pests and disease. I have heard mixed reviews of the Pineapple Chunk, ranging from amazing to sub-par at best. I think if they spent more time stabilizing their strains that they could be a really good breeder but as it stands they are one I avoid. As for TGA I have a Querkle by them that is great though it doesnt grow as big of buds as I would like. They are super dense though. I grew a Pennywise from them that I really enjoyed other than it throwing bananas every where in late flower. I flowered it out twice in two separate tents with the same results. The buds were all nice, dense fragrant and greasy.

I think most breeders produce stock that is too varied to be considered stable. So they take the description of their best pheno they find and make it sound as good as possible to sell as many seeds as they can. Which makes sense from a business point of view if you are trying to make money quick, but if you are looking for longevity it isnt the best approach.

Where did you get the clones from?

A fellow grower that had popped the beans. Everything else he had was pretty decent. He was excited about the Tangerine dream until he flowered it and it didnt preform as well as his Northern Lights Big Bud or his Blueberry.

Fair dos mate

I woodn't waste my time with BC Buds myself. I've tried the Purp's 3 time and had problems with all of them. And the Sweet Tooth wasn't anything close to a sweet tooth that I've grown before. Stuff was so close to being straight candy. I do have some of Barneys Sweet Tooth to try yet. TGA I've done afew with good results... But as a grower, I expect problems. Alot of strains are prone to hermie, others prone to others. I don't think genetics are responsible.Is a virus and is transmittable between plants. They say that shit can stand what 200 degrees or something temps for 30 minutes. And it will live for years and years dormant, just waiting for someone to introduce it to a good host plant.
Best Luck my friend.... Keepem Green

You know after doing alittle reading on that Tabacco shit, I know I've seen it on a crop I had to shit can once. 3-4 years back. I thought I had some fungus in the roots or something cus I couldn't see the problem.. Shit toasted my crop and not in a good way. Plants grew piddly ass buds that kind of looked seeded and dried out after afew weeks I shitcanned the whole thing. And seen the same on my next crop. So I shitcanned it too and did a better deep clean with PHYSAN 20, great shit for all mold and algae... Is this a new strain? Ya know strains like Liberty Haze and afew others are prone to leaflets being half one color half alot lighter. And alot of strains are prone to genetic mishaps they grow out of. But that pic was a dead ringer for a fast look up. Sounds like it will spread like PM, and as fast. Quarantine? If you want and have the space? But after looking at the pic's on the net,, I'd put a bag over it's head and kill it. There I'm a serial killer. I just culled one from mine to,,, but he was trying to have his way with my girls.. And I keep mine virgins. Even with a shotgun.. JK
I know you got it under control. I couldn't find anything short of murder for fixing it on my search. Internal shit and contagious.. GL and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom