Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Hope you don't mind if I sit in also. Trying to get this whole DWC thing down. Why do you need to chill the water, I guess what I'm really asking is what causes the temperature to increase in temp? Glad to know I am not the only one does not have FB or Instagram. your plants look amazing.

Good question @Zincite. I’m glad you ask because I take things like that for granted now. The temperature will naturally rise—at the very minimum— to meet the ambient temperature of the room. Add in a pump to move the liquid and boom your soon hitting above ambient. It can be mitigated by design of the system (ie. Putting your res outside the grow space, etc.). I don’t have that option unfortunately. When I designed my grow rooms I was not thinking about RDWC. In fact, I couldn’t even spell RDWC. :D

What I’m thinking is the liquid being kept at a constant temperature (or as close to constant as the chiller affords) is helping reduce wild PH swings. I may be wrong, but so far, that’s what’s happening.

I’m sure one of these smart guys/gals will chime in and let me know if I’m way off base. Good discussion anyhow. Welcome!

Happy, happy 4/20! I chopped one of my Cheeses today in celebration!

Oh it's so fun to swing by your journal everyday. Those GG seem to appreciate your care and the good light you give them. I have more cutlings from my Original Kush than I can make room for in my tents i think so i will bee doing them for a while now. =)

You got it right with water temps and pH. The lower the temp of the water the harder it gets to adjust the pH. It gets harder to dissolve and mix in chemicals when its to cold. That's what I know when you purify it.

Back
Top Bottom