Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Hi GrandpaT, I gotta tell yah, almost everyone who gets voted for MOTM gets nominated 3 times then wins on their third try. Not everyone, but me, toasty, amy g...etc. So anyone who has been nominated and doesn't win the first and second try, will hopefully win soon, if they just stick around long enough to see it happen. It's still not easy going through it 3 times, it took it's toll on me for sure. Every month it's so hard to choose, all worthy candidates for sure.

You're on the fast track just make sure to tie those laces so you're around long enough...

Back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans!

Hi GrandpaT, I gotta tell yah, almost everyone who gets voted for MOTM gets nominated 3 times then wins on their third try. Not everyone, but me, toasty, amy g...etc. So anyone who has been nominated and doesn't win the first and second try, will hopefully win soon, if they just stick around long enough to see it happen. It's still not easy going through it 3 times, it took it's toll on me for sure. Every month it's so hard to choose, all worthy candidates for sure.

You're on the fast track just make sure to tie those laces so you're around long enough...

Back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans!

Hahaha! It’s all good G! This is my 3rd strike...I’m ever the bridesmaid never a bride. LOL! I’ll stick around this place for sure. Even if I stopped growing I’d still hang here just because of people like you.
I know I joke around a little bit, but I’m serious as a heart attack about that. :love:

The start of the frost season on the GG's. I am also going to try an auto outside this spring. I had a Cheese Auto Fem freebie from a seed order a while back so I germinated it and put it in soil a couple of days ago. I'll keep it inside for a few weeks till we're past the frost then out she goes. Theres only 3 things I'm not sure of: Autos, Soil and Outside???

It looks awesome! A press, vacuüm machine Mesh screens and stuff like that are future dreams for me. Let me get back to you for temps and stuff in a Year or so lol.

It does really really tasty grandpa!

A couple of questions for grandpa. How often do you check your PH? Regarding the Blue Lab monitor that you are using is it the connect model that does data logging to your PC or just the standard monitor. I am really thinking this DWC stuff is the way to go for my situation. I know it is not as easy as coco to operate but it looks a lot less mess and once you figure out the nuances less work overall.

I figured out why @Grandpa Tokin like pressing. He is hugging his buds to rosin. He hugs them and they cry.. ;)

:hug:

Once you try dwc or rdwc Sam you'll never go back in my opinion. Its clean, simple and not a lot of work.
That is what i am thinking. All you guys are confirming it. I might just buy a bucket and give it a trial run. I need to do some more studying on the nutrient side. How do you guys manage PH as in daily or do you let it fluxuate a bit? GT seems to keep his set and it stays there.

The start of the frost season on the GG's. I am also going to try an auto outside this spring. I had a Cheese Auto Fem freebie from a seed order a while back so I germinated it and put it in soil a couple of days ago. I'll keep it inside for a few weeks till we're past the frost then out she goes. Theres only 3 things I'm not sure of: Autos, Soil and Outside???

Hahaha! Now that’s hilarious! I actually LOL’d. Dude, you’re another one of those guys who can build a pussy with a hammer. Doh! I just realized I don’t have any auto seeds! Dang It!

Been there, grown that!

LOL! You’re another one.

It looks awesome! A press, vacuüm machine Mesh screens and stuff like that are future dreams for me. Let me get back to you for temps and stuff in a Year or so lol.

It does really really tasty grandpa!

It’s definitely tasty. I’m here “to pump you up...” :ganjamon:

A couple of questions for grandpa. How often do you check your PH? Regarding the Blue Lab monitor that you are using is it the connect model that does data logging to your PC or just the standard monitor. I am really thinking this DWC stuff is the way to go for my situation. I know it is not as easy as coco to operate but it looks a lot less mess and once you figure out the nuances less work overall.
Once you try dwc or rdwc Sam you'll never go back in my opinion. Its clean, simple and not a lot of work.

Naturally I agree with Sd wholeheartedly. I don’t have the connect monitor just the normal one. I got it because im lazy. It constantly monitors EC/PPM/TDS, water temp, and PH. I check PH every time I walk in the room, only because it’s right there to look at. I let mine creep from 5.5 all the way to 6.3 (I call that the zone). Here’s what I do on a daily basis: every evening, before lights out, I check to see how much the res has gone down (with two plants it’s always somewhere close to 2 gallons). I then mix the proper nutes to the 2 gallons (or whatever it is) and add it to the res. Normally this is enough to move my PH into the mid zone (5.7-5.9). I’ll always leave the room, at lights out, with PH in the zone (5.5-6.3). Now that I’ve said that though, I try not to obsess about PH now...if it’s in the zone...it’s good to hook.

I’m serious though, I had the exact same thoughts and apprehensions that you have. It’s normal, but like Sd said, you won’t regret it. Once the system is built, the workload is way less than mixing soil.

I figured out why @Grandpa Tokin like pressing. He is hugging his buds to rosin. He hugs them and they cry.. ;)

:hug:

Hahaha! What can I say...I’m huggable.

That is what i am thinking. All you guys are confirming it. I might just buy a bucket and give it a trial run. I need to do some more studying on the nutrient side. How do you guys manage PH as in daily or do you let it fluxuate a bit? GT seems to keep his set and it stays there.

Not really, but I will say that the chiller makes a difference. You’ll be fine.

RO water will help keep your PH stable.

Yup.

Lookin goooood in da neighborhood!!!! Woooot. I'd love to use some of that rosin to make edibles. Potent!!!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:

Woohoo happy stinky hippie holiday! LOL! Just kidding...don’t get your patchoulis in a bunch. I just wish I had hair to grow... :rofl:

It’s nice that Day 11 of flower is on 420. This GG is just so lovely to grow. I smile every time I walk into the room. Lots of changes from one day to the next. They’re definitely hearty and they appear to be healthy with only a few burnt tips...my fault naturally. I bumped up EC a little too fast, but it doesn’t seem to be horrible. That’s it for this update. Pretty boring, but here’s a few pictures of things this lovely morning.

I sincerely hope each of you have a wonderful 420 holiday! Be safe please! :Namaste:

If any of you remember my last grow I had a bunch of fan leaf stem buds...anyway, I just found a couple still sitting in my drying rack. LOL!

Here’s what Grandpa’s doing for 420. Peace!

Back
Top Bottom