Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Year end update for y'all! Let me begin by saying a huge :thanks: to everyone who has been here with me since I joined this site in May. With your knowledge and support you have made 2017 a year of learning and growing (in every sense!). I appreciate each and every one of you, not only those who have subbed up to my threads but everyone whom I've rubbed shoulders with over the last 7 months. And whether you pop in to say "hi" once in a while or are here all the time, you have made and are making a difference to me.
:thanks:

On to the update! If you're squeamish about bugs, the last pic is not for you. Stop at the trichomes ;).

First off, if you can't raise the sun in the sky, raise the plants to the sun. Big stones to the rescue!

20171231_110316edit.jpg

No reason the back end can't get a better angle :).

Here's a little trichome pr0n to get you through the night...

Blue 4 on day 93:

20171231_120310cr.jpg

20171231_120324cr.jpg

AK 7 on day 91:

20171231_120356cr.jpg

20171231_120407cr.jpg

20171231_120417.jpg

Anyone know how long it takes spinosad to work? I sprayed these yesterday afternoon:

20171231_120446cr.jpg

I look forward to spending 2018 with all of you! :Namaste:

Year end update for y'all! Let me begin by saying a huge :thanks: to everyone who has been here with me since I joined this site in May. With your knowledge and support you have made 2017 a year of learning and growing (in every sense!). I appreciate each and every one of you, not only those who have subbed up to my threads but everyone whom I've rubbed shoulders with over the last 7 months. And whether you pop in to say "hi" once in a while or are here all the time, you have made and are making a difference to me.
:thanks:

20171231_120446cr.jpg

That's one of the coolest and stare worthy bug photos I've ever seen...so I had to...can't hold back

*After careful INSECTion I noticed you have quite the problem there.

I'm concerned for your safety as they may go for the BUGgular.

You'll be CRAWLING in anticipation but don't be spinoSAD if it doesn't work.

You really NEEM some help, I think I MITE now what can WORM.

Put a bowl of water on your ground level and see if they prefer water, hopefully they won't THRIPE in it.

Other than attempting to lift them off with packing tape, careful not rip the leaves that wouldn't be superFLY.

I hope they LEAF you alone but if they don't, you can always join in their INFESTivities...

:)
:high-five::thanks::Namaste:

Oh my gosh I'm glad I wasn't in my grow room when I looked at that pic :S

I am paralyzed staring at it :0

The pleasure has been all mine Mr shed! From spogs to clones I'm grateful for having you by my side for support and encouragement.

Bugs.... I'd like to recommend double or triple strength spino. And re apply after 5 to 6 days

Flying Skull Nuke Em. Period. End of story.

That stuff is really expensive for 0.05% Citric Acid. What are your feelings about neem oil in flower?

That's one of the coolest and stare worthy bug photos I've ever seen...so I had to...can't hold back
Put a bowl of water on your ground level and see if they prefer water, hopefully they won't THRIPE in it.
Other than attempting to lift them off with packing tape, careful not rip the leaves that wouldn't be superFLY.
I hope they LEAF you alone but if they don't, you can always join in their INFESTivities...

LOL! I am starting to believe that your brain operates on a higher plane than the rest of ours :laughtwo:

Hahaha! Wow. Very nice!!

20171231_120446cr.jpg

Shed, I love ya like a brother but you're not allowed within 200 miles of my grow. YOU HAVE COOTIES!

Shed, I love ya like a brother but you're not allowed within 200 miles of my grow. YOU HAVE COOTIES!

I have a cooties FARM! But I'm not within 200 miles anyway so we cool.

I'm going to start with MadDabs suggestion of upping the spinosad to see if that works. These plants are so far along that the bugs won't affect the grow so I can try a few things. That Flying Skull stuff seems way over-priced! 3 cents of product for $25?

Tuesday morning and back to the work grind. Very overcast here today so I left the plants in the shed (pardon the strangely colored pics, though no pink!). I sprayed them yesterday with an increased strength spinosad (approx 3x stronger) but I have no idea what the bugs look like as I didn't get down into the oval of brightness®.

So just a top pic of each for today. Sorry, I was hoping for a more photographic start to 2018 ;).

Blue 4 day 95:

20180102_081950.jpg

and AK 7 day 93:

20180102_081920.jpg

Hope your short week starts off well, assuming you didn't have to work yesterday!

Tuesday morning and back to the work grind. Very overcast here today so I left the plants in the shed (pardon the strangely colored pics, though no pink!). I sprayed them yesterday with an increased strength spinosad (approx 3x stronger) but I have no idea what the bugs look like as I didn't get down into the oval of brightness..

So just a top pic of each for today. Sorry, I was hoping for a more photographic start to 2018 ;).

Blue 4 day 95:

20180102_081950.jpg

and AK 7 day 93:

20180102_081920.jpg

Hope your short week starts off well, assuming you didn't have to work yesterday!

I hope those pest are frying man .

Sorry about the pest maybe so look for a remedy foilar spray to spray outside shed around perimeter ?

I hope those pest are frying man . Sorry about the pest maybe so look for a remedy foilar spray to spray outside shed around perimeter ?

Good idea Joe! In the spring I'm going to start spraying more of the plants on the property because I'm sure they're loaded with bugs. I'll probably go with neem on the plants we don't eat and the to-be-determined dilution of spinosad on the ones we do. Going to have to break out the Hudson sprayer for that job!

I have got to get up earlier on watering day. Man was I late for work :).

I mixed up 3 tablespoons spinosad in 10 ounces of water (which was about triple the recommended mixture on the bottle) and soaked a few leaves as a test. Here are the results:

20180103_084256.jpg

Spinosad does not work on these bugs. But since they arrived too late to make a difference to the harvest I think I'll take off the heavily infested leaves and run a test of neem against DE. I'll keep you posted.

Here are a few non-zoomed trichome shots. Mostly cloudy all around and Blue 4 is showing amber on the leaves. I'll check again this weekend. In the meantime...

Blue 4 day 96:

20180103_084444.jpg

20180103_084427.jpg

AK 7 day 94:

20180103_084316.jpg

20180103_084307.jpg

Happy Wednesday all. Stay warm!

Back
Top Bottom