HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

And, Felonious got 77 grams off the Candida he grew in the fall to tide us over until the Alpines are done.
:slide:

Hi @HashGirl gonna tag along if you don’t mind? Very interested in the alpine, glad to see its finally there!
:welcome: to my journal, 425. Yes, it will definitely be an experience for everyone, I think.

So glad the seeds finally arrived HG!!

Thanks, VG, me, too. Now, I just hope no more mice or any other critters interfere with my grow going forward. :eek:

Hi HashGirl, some interesting strains you guys are growing. I had been eyeing up Alpine Star CBD too, when I last looked there were still no reviews of it unfortunately but the CBD content sounds great.
Bummer about the mouse chewing the top of the sprout, hope you can stop that reoccurring.
I gather you're big Jack Herer fan, can I ask what Seed Bank you got your JH beans from?
Looking forward to watching your grow progress.

Good afternoon.

I completed my last grow on December 30. This grow, I will be growing alone and with my husband, Felonious Punk.

We will be growing the following in our three tents:

ALPINE STAR CBD (8 Plants):

Alpine Star CBD was purchased from Weedseedsexpress and here is the info they have about it:

Want to grow a high CBD strain where the THC content is limited to an extremely minimum? Then our feminized Alpine Star CBD seeds are your best choice.

Seeds with an extreme germination force, our Aphine Star CBD strain is a species with a CBD content that can reach up to an extreme value of 20%. Something which is unique in the market as not a single species has succeeded this so far. Combined with an extremely low THC content of 0.1% - 0.3%, our Aphine Star CBD seeds are a great choice for anyone who wants to grow a high quality CBD weed. For example for the production of CBD oil.

Our Alpine Star CBD strain is a hybrid containing 50% Indica and 50% Sativa genes. Nicely balanced and therefore easy to grow. The plant features a flowering time of approximately 9 to 10 weeks and reaches an average height of approximately 60 cm-80 cm in the case of an indoor cultivation. Outdoors, in the open ground, our feminized Aphine Star CBD seeds can grow into plants with a maximum height of 120 cm.

The strain develops beautiful light green buds during flowering. Equipped with beautiful white and orange hairs and surrounded by millions of CBD and CBN trichomes it’s a real pleasure for the eye.

Note: our Alpine Star CBD strain needs little nutrition! It is therefore advisable to administer little to none nutrients. This way you prevent your strain from becoming overfed.

Harvest​

The final harvest is of course dependent on various factors. Nevertheless, we are happy to give you an indication. Do you use our Alpine Star CBD seeds for your indoor cultivation? In that case the maximum harvest is around 250 grams per m2. Outdoors this CBD stunner can effortlessly yield a harvest of 400 grams per m2. Not bad for a relatively small plant!

Effect, taste and odor​

Because the THC level is so low, you will not experience any psychoactive effects. In short, you remain clear-minded. Something that is very important to many. The effect of Alpine Star CBD weed focuses on the body and can best be described as an ultimate relaxation. You remain active, social and you feel slightly euphoric.

However, it's not only about the effect. For many, the taste and smell are at least as important. Fortunately, the Alpine star meets all requirements. Alpine Star CBD weed has a sweet scent that reminds you of citrus. Combined with the earthy undertones of pine and wood, this is a weed that is well balanced both in terms of smell and taste.

CARNIVAL (1 plant):

The word carnival reminds you of a happy atmosphere all around, of Venice and the thousands of people dressed like centuries ago, or of Rio, Brazil, where millions of people go crazy just for a few days a year. This strain has been designed to bring the carnival into your mind. The entire process of selection and crossing has been made in Spain. This is a cross between a Haze mother and a particular individual mostly sativa as father. Carnival has an extremely high content of thc: the laboratory test on our sample has shown an amazing 23,2%. This is not the only good note, the flowering time is really short for a plant that is 80% sativa.

DARK DEVIL AUTO (1 plant):

Dark_Devil_Info.jpg

RASPBERRY COUGH (1 plant):

Raspberry Cough is a highly-recommended medical marijuana strain. Its ancestry is a Cambodian (Kampuchean) landrace cannabis strain with exceptionally high levels of THC production for a mother and its father was Nirvana's very own strain Ice.

Raspberry Cough is an F1 marijuana strain which is typified by a plethora of red hairs in its buds. It is a tall plant that has a tendency to display blue colourations as it nears maturity especially if the temperature dips during the hours of darkness. This is a reasonably easy to grow, predominantly sativa plant which, due to its lanky structure, fits in perfectly with a Sea of Green growing set-up, a technique which will deliver the highest returns indoors. Flowering takes between 9 - 11 weeks yielding 400 - 500 gr/m2. Outdoors, it is only really suitable for warm climates such as a Mediterranean-type.

Growers can expect to harvest large colas of quite dense buds which, although identifiable as having a "Dutch" flavour encompassing earthy berry and pine it nevertheless has notes of Asian spices. The overall effect is calming and soothing yet with a happy feeling that is uplifting and energetic.

Raspberry Cough is a recommended medical strain which has applications for the treatment of depression, pain and headaches.

OTHER INFO:

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor in 3 tents

If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?

- one 3x3x6 Mars Hydro Tent (Carnival, Dark Devil and Raspberry Cough)
- one 4x4x6.5 Fusion Hut 600D (4 Alpine Star CBD)
- one 4x4x6.5 Fusion Hut 600D (4 Alpine Star CBD)

Medium?

ProMix

Pots & Sizes?

- 7 gallon for the small tent (DDA, Carnival, Raspberry Cough)
- 5 gallon for the two larger tents (Alpine Star CBD)

Size of light?

- Mars Pro II Epistar 320 LED in the small tent
- Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED in both bigger tents

Are they aircooled?

Yes.

Temp of Room/cab?

It's approximately 70F in the tents but the seeds will be under an LED light until they're bigger.

RH of Room/cab?

51% currently

PH of media or res?

N/A

Type and strength of ferts used?

I will be using MegaCrop for this grow.

We haven't received the Alpine Star CBD seeds yet but I popped the three seeds I did have in water today:

IMG_1067.jpeg

Carn, DDA & RC Seeds.jpg

I would like to invite the following 420 members to follow along (in no particular order):
Of course, anyone is welcome to follow along but the people noted above have been very helpful in my previous grows. :battingeyelashes:
Wow nice setup and cool strains!

Hi HashGirl, some interesting strains you guys are growing. I had been eyeing up Alpine Star CBD too, when I last looked there were still no reviews of it unfortunately but the CBD content sounds great.
Bummer about the mouse chewing the top of the sprout, hope you can stop that reoccurring.
I gather you're big Jack Herer fan, can I ask what Seed Bank you got your JH beans from?
Looking forward to watching your grow progress.

Good morning, Stunger and :welcome: to my journal. I do love Jack Herer. Gotta grow some of it sometime. Maybe next grow. So many strains... :hmmmm:

We got our photoperiod feminized seeds from Midweek Song, which was not easy. First of all, I had to go to the bank to get a bank draft sent to them, which was a pain in the butt, especially since our bank rep had never done one before.

And, then, they forgot to send the order...:eek: But, once called on it, they sent the order with a whole bunch of freebies.

Wow nice setup and cool strains!

Thank you, Oldhippie and :welcome: to my journal.

The Alpine Star seeds went into paper towel today. The Dark Devil and Raspberry Cough both have little taproots. I'll probably plant them in ProMix tomorrow.

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

The Dark Devil and Raspberry Cough went into dirt today. They're currently where the mouse was but we've trapped 2 mice and Felonious seems to think that's all of them but I'm still planning on moving them to the great room when the lights go out because I just don't trust the little buggers.

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpeg

IMG_1123.jpeg

IMG_1124.jpeg

Seven more seeds went into dirt today: the Carnival and six of the Alpine Stars. Here are some photos because that's really all anyone wants to see, right? :laughtwo:

It's hard to see the taproot on all of the top four but trust me when I say the top 4 all had taproots. :battingeyelashes:

Photo 1 - 6 Alpine Taproots.jpeg

Photo 3 - ALP1.jpeg

Photo 4 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 6 - ALP3.jpeg

Photo 7 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 9 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 10 - ALP6.jpeg

Photo 11 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 12 - Group Shot.jpeg

Off and running HG! You know - those containers look kinda translucent. If they are you would do well to cover them because roots don’t like light very much. And, do they have holes? I can’t tell and I can’t stop from asking :laughtwo:

I’m living vicariously through your big CBD seed drop. It’d be so fun to grow lots of something! :D I will really enjoy watching you do it!
:popcorn:

Thank you for the questions, Amy. :hug:

A very wise man (aka @TorturedSoul) once said in response to FelipeBlu:
clear cups let too much light in, and roots don’t like light so much. So it reduces your available root volume if you don’t keep them in another darker cup.

I'm not disputing that statement. On the other hand, even sunlight does not pass through soil very well, lol. If those were the plants' "forever homes," then it'd be a consideration for me, because - sooner or later - they'd have a lot of roots against the cups' walls. But as temporary homes, well... Nowhere near as significant. Some years, I produced clones for a friend or two to use outside. Twice, I used clear half-liter water bottles because I had them - and because they allowed me to easily see when those plants had adequate root systems (in other words, enough so that I had no qualms about giving them to their intended owners, lol). This caused no issues, even when the weather took an unexpected turn for the worse and one of those people ended up leaving them in the bottles for a couple weeks longer than they had originally planned to. Other than a tendency to fall over ;) .

So, if you have a set of opaque outer cups, go ahead and use them. In addition to the light thing, they can be useful if you have a light, well-draining media and want to do the "soak and then drain" thing (water seedlings, wait a few minutes, remove from outer cups and allow to drain).

But if you don't have any... I wouldn't be overly worried about it.

And, yes, there are holes in the bottom of the cups.

:circle-of-love:

Mountain Dew bottles will let you observe the error growth that makes it to the edges of the media, but should prevent algal growth.

Hello DD.

:welcome: to my grow journal. Here's something to enjoy with your popcorn while we wait for an update:

:passitleft:

I'm having Northern Soul tonight. :battingeyelashes:

Nice! I gather that’s not the R&B from Manchester? Sounds like it smells nice.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I like your coterie of curatives. And your garden ;)

BTW. If Felonious Punk isn’t the coolest username on the internet, I’ll eat... someone’s straw hat. (I don’t have any anymore I’m not allowed).

My all time favourite ‘review of a review’ is attributed to FP’s nearly-namesake, the pianist with the slightly less cool name Thelonious Monk “Writing about music is like dancing about architecture”.

♩♪♫
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom