High Brix Hunger Games: Catching Fire With The Perfect Sun 1000

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

Update on its way tonight. Everything looking great. The Twister and Huckleberry Kush are loving this new light! I am sure this Perfect Sun is going to be a valued member of my garden. If everything continues as it should I will eventually have two of them with my six Eshines. Then in the winter I can add the 2 600w hps sodiums for a nice full grow and the needed heat. Adding the Perfect Sun 1000 when I did has bought me some time to get an AC. I actually checked my basement Windows, I have one window that is fully above ground on the side of the house and it looks like I can fit a 10,000 btu window unit. That is great because that means a 300 dollar purchase instead of a 500 dollar one for a portable AC. The 10,000btu window unit will also likely outperform the 14,000btu portable.

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

Shiggity, another great thing about window AC's is they make it much easier to keep your co2 higher.

Better stealth too. If your house is more than 10 years old, it may not be unusual to see a window unit poking out here and there. :cool:

Interesting take on the ac units. Here in the south most homes have central air. Also...window units are forbidden per homeowners association.

Nice. Thanks for the video. Once I get my big grow going again, I'm setting the perfect suns on light rails at 2 feet away. They get the best coverage that way. And at 2 feet away, you get over 1600 par in the middle and over 100,000 lux in the middle. At 18 inches the numbers go insane, but if they can handle it and if it reaches the edges well, then hell, I can't wait to see what happens.

I am also thinking about offering a Perfect Sun 1500, which would have 6 modules instead of 4 and use around 800 watts, or maybe one with 5 modules, which would use 675w. Because they would be longer, they would cover the edges of a 8x4 table with much more par.

A 675w version would only cost $100 more.

I want one :) If all goes well with Shiggity and his grow, I'll be contacting you at the end of June. Wiring up a 12x12 room now with 9 foot ceilings.

Hate HOA's...

I always picture them roaming through the neighborhoods in Staff Cars with a couple of arm-banded guys out on the running boards scrutinizing every house for an infraction...lol

Hey Shiggs,

You're absolutely right on the AC unit. The window shakers are much more efficient. Trust me I've owned over 20 ACs in my life and when it's viable, a window shaker will out preform a portable every time. Do your research on brands though. Not every claim lives up to its promise!

Flip +36
Everything is looking great except for the Tutankhamon that got fallen on top of. Haha What can you do, maybe it saved someone from breaking their fool neck. Outdoor temps have been kind and should be for another week or so. By that time I will have an AC installed. I like having my tri colored room, its kind of like Neopolitan ice cream.

Here is a rundown of the ladies.

Chem Girls

THC Bomb

she has a weird funk to her, I have smelled other plants like it but always find it hard to describe. It is like a metallic earthy fuel? She is still exhibiting weird leaf behavior but is doing well regardless. I bet she will do better in DDHBB soil.

P5160813.JPG
P5160814.JPG
P5160815.JPG

HuckKush11
She's kushing along.

P5160855.JPG
P5160856.JPG
P5160857.JPG
P5160858.JPG

Tutankhamon 1
She hs surprised me with a fruity smell and some nice long colas. I am hoping they fill in well. Lets hope she goes 70+days. I really think this one will shine in high brix and may try to fit her in next cycle if there is room.

P5160803.JPG
P5160804.JPG
P5160805.JPG
P5160807.JPG
P5160808.JPG
P5160809.JPG
P5160810.JPG
P5160812.JPG

High Brix Girls

Pineapple Fields "Linda"
This girl is really pitting on weight. I need to grow a bigger version to see what she can really do. Still straight up canned pineapple juice.

P5160817.JPG
P5160836.JPG
P5160820.JPG
P5160821.JPG
P5160822.JPG
P5160824.JPG
P5160826.JPG

Twisters

The other day I walked into the flower room and it smelled like a cat had pissed everywhere, then I remembered. Twister is back. Nepalese Hash, citrus, cat piss, twister is a bouquet of strong scent. She is going gangbusters and paleing a bit, but, she is tempermental and I don't want to push it too much. She looks fine to me actually, high brix growing has just gotten me too used to dark green plants. I am a pale green grower by nature. But Twister looks like it will do me proud. All three plants.

P5160792.JPG

P5160800.JPG
P5160793.JPG
P5160796.JPG
P5160797.JPG
P5160798.JPG
P5160799.JPG

Twister (plant 2)

P5160839.JPG
P5160840.JPG
P5160841.JPG

Twister (plant 3)

P5160847.JPG
P5160850.JPG

P5160853.JPG
P5160851.JPG
P5160852.JPG

That's my grow update. Now I want to talk about the cool light hanging system on the Perfect Sun 1000. I absolutely love it. It is the most low profile adjustable system I have seen yet. The way it is set you can hang from something just a few inches up from the light. It is also very adjustable on the fly and feels very secure. You can see in the pic below that the harness screws into flaps of thick aluminum (or is it steel? I will look at the flaps better tomorrow) that are slung low on the light. The big screw threads are very nice and snug in their holes, there is no rattle or flex anywhere.

P5160830.JPG

At the wire apex there is a steel cylinder with a screw knob at bottom and a push button on top. The screw secures the light on the wire from side to side. If your light is leaning all you have to do is unscrew, slide and rescrew.

P5160864.JPG
P5160866.JPG

Sticking out a hole in the side is a metal tab. If you push in the button on top of the cylinder you can pull the tab to adjust the height of the light. There is a good amount of travel, (well over a foot)

P5160862.JPG
P5160861.JPG

That's all for today but more to come soon, things are moving at a quick pace now. Next cycle (soil willing) will be an all high Brix Grow. So much easier for sure!
:circle-of-love:

So beautiful Shiggs,

I'm a bit jelly at the mo lol! Your ladies are so dang beautiful.

I hate to say it, but I think when you feel on the tut, you made her pissed off enough to shoot out some yielding pheromones lol!

Love your grow brother + R

So beautiful Shiggs,

I'm a bit jelly at the mo lol! Your ladies are so dang beautiful.

I hate to say it, but I think when you feel on the tut, you made her pissed off enough to shoot out some yielding pheromones lol!

Love your grow brother + R

Thanks Doc, Actually you don't see a pic of her (Tut2), she looked too terrible. She is my low pheno and she looks half dead lol. Pics next time I promise haha.

Wow Shiggity! You get those trichs to express in a way that makes us all sit back on our heels. What magic are you using in there? Excellent work, and that panel is just marvelous. I really appreciate the way it hangs. Getting the light high enough in a lower-profile tent is a challenge to frustrate even the most even-tempered cultivator. Great design.

Super nice buds Shiggity. It's great to see your
twister flowering after hearing so many great things about her.:bravo:

Thanks for the write up on the light Shig. Interesting to see the hanging system, that's something I always seem to monkey with on my lights. My Mars Hydros got some zip ties to replace the very long wires it came with. I like the adjustability of the light, LEDRF put some thought into everything it seems.

Back
Top Bottom