Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

Figured it out, thanks Rooster for the help.

So, here it is...

PROJECT 27 UPDATE!

It's jumping in here:

Shiites hittin' the fan baby...love it!

My girls are going from good to sweeeeet at a frenetic clip. On the left side, the thing is already a hedge...

Did more scrogging and fimmed the White Widow in back who has caught up nicely. Big Nugs Fast should be called Gets Stinky Fast because I can already begin to smell the skunk.

In the middle, my Hyena Berrys are SO chunky, and the Sour Jack in back has also jumped up a lot in the past week:

But look at the PATHETIC little autos...sorry to those who love Chihuahuas but autos are, to me, a lot like a crab leg...a lot of work for very little meat. These won't end up producing enough bud to roll a joint.

Not everything works in life. Or growing.

On to the right side where Big Nugs Fast and Hyena Berry are jammin'.

But CHECK OUT Blue Hyena there in back...just topped her today. She will be something else ere long...one of the best Hyena specimens yet so I have HIGH expectations for those big stinky colas to come!

Yeah this will be a rippin' plant.

About the 420 site redesign, some bugs still but expected that I guess. I hate to learn anything new when I'm replacing something that was working just fine for me and this is no exception but I'll hang around and figure it all out for the moment.

On the plus side it's faster.

However, losing the emojis is a big fail...they added a lot to the ability of a post to convey context. The ones they have now are basically a miserable pinch, the equivalent of saying don't even use them people. I would love to understand why they would choose to do that when what they really needed was just a little updating. Plus, now every post that ever used an emoji now has a stupid word where an emoji used to be. Ruining every post to some extent. I simply refuse to believe they will let that stay this way, it has to be an oversight.

As it is, I have recently been chastised twice for posting gifs that were not "weed-related". Since I am fond of using such items to make or bolster a point, and often a non-weed-related point is made even in a weed-oriented forum, I am getting a little tired of the censorship and that's just another thing that has made me consider moving my writing and opinions to another site. Not pulling the plug today but will make that decision soon.

At least one thing hasn't changed...it's still winter. Better take advantage of it while we can...

Peace, Hyena

Looking good hyena. Which ones are blowing up on the left?

Those would be the Big Nugs Fast and a White Widow in the back. All growing an inch-plus a day.

And I say cool!

Peace, Hyena

It's good to see all is well in the attic. I too regret that the emojis in old posts aren't displaying properly. That's probably just a find / replace project.

And my experience with some autos is similar. Four little nugs still hanging in the barn might get me a few joints. Wopper. :rofl:

Yeah, I wrote Teddy and mentioned the emoji issue...probably something that fell through the cracks in such a complex redesign. I hope they fix that, the original emoji menu could have used a bit of an update but removing it completely, and replacing with a handful of essentially meaningless emojis, was a bad move.

And yes, I'll say it: autos aren't real pot plants. Sorry. They're not.

Peace, Hyena

Those plants are looking amazing! You do what you do so well, and document it in a way that anyone reading can duplicate your setup...results of course will have to be on a per grower basis :) You have a talent for reading the plants and giving them exactly what they need. reps for that! (figurative ones of course since that option isnt available any more)

I hope you stick around. You have a lot to offer to the community. That said, I have seen a marked drop off in posts/updates from many of the previously most prolific members. Ive tried to update my journal twice now, but quit out of frustration due to slow loading pictures bumping me out of the text box repeatedly. This whole thing is a prime example of 'fixing' what wasnt broke to begin with.

As to censorship...I get it in a way, but if you drive off the most followed members..especially ones that regularly promote the companies that pay for advertising here, I dont see the point. As it is, many will not want to take the time and learn the new ways or deal with the 1/2 assed way it was implemented..and they will leave. Also not good for keeping the sponsors happy...

but I digress...keep on doing what you are doing...your results and the beauty in your garden speak for themselves :)

peace

Please pardon the intrusion. :thanks:

Since many of you stay in the grow room with blinders on, we have to spread the word somehow.

The mobile apps have been temporarily disbled, you can now access our 420% mobile friendly website via all smartphones through a browser like Google Chrome.

Please vote in the poll and subscribe to this thread for more details, discussions and updates
Brand New Forums & Gallery

For those of you needing guidance on the new gallery
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

Those plants are looking amazing!
You do what you do so well, and document it in a way that anyone reading can duplicate your setup...results of course will have to be on a per grower basis :) You have a talent for reading the plants and giving them exactly what they need. reps for that! (figurative ones of course since that option isnt available any more)

I hope you stick around. You have a lot to offer to the community. That said, I have seen a marked drop off in posts/updates from many of the previously most prolific members. Ive tried to update my journal twice now, but quit out of frustration due to slow loading pictures bumping me out of the text box repeatedly. This whole thing is a prime example of 'fixing' what wasnt broke to begin with.

As to censorship...I get it in a way, but if you drive off the most followed members..especially ones that regularly promote the companies that pay for advertising here, I dont see the point. As it is, many will not want to take the time and learn the new ways or deal with the 1/2 assed way it was implemented..and they will leave. Also not good for keeping the sponsors happy...

but I digress...keep on doing what you are doing...your results and the beauty in your garden speak for themselves :) peace

Thanks a lot Mouser...I truly appreciate your very kind words.

Regarding the site changes,,,

I believe we should give the house ample time to work out the bugs, and of course any big IT overhaul will have bugs.

However...What I am waiting to see is if they will respond to a few requested tweaks.

Specifically, the photo gallery feature needs some big time tweaking.

First, only the file name displays now when you include a picture in a post. So, you can't see the picture you just posted. That's a big problem because it requires you to hit PREVIEW to check every picture. This makes it much more work to make a simple post and that's a problem.

Secondly, the photo gallery feature when opened still only displays the first 8 thumbnails, then no more thumbs are displayed no matter what I try to do. Obviously, many of us have well over a thousand pictures in our gallery, and I routinely reach back to shots from previous grows, If we can only see the first eight pictures, we must post from simply reading the image number, then go through the whole preview process, to even see what picture you posted. Unworkable.

There are also annoying things like apostrophes still not displaying properly, and the changing of my signature, little stuff that's secondary to content but still I wonder if they will address it.

I'm optimistic they have to be working on those things. If that stuff isn't fixed, well, I don't know how any of us can maintain a journal. But I have invested several years and thousands of hours in my journals, with the primary goal of trying to help others model my grows. That's why I came here and that's why I have stayed and given so much time, pretty much talking about the same things over and over every grow. As you observed, it's meant to be instructional and even inspiring...exactly in concert with the stated goals of this website.

If those are still the goals of the site, I'm confident they will address the issues that remain. I don't know why they wouldn't.

Peace, Hyena

Thanks a lot Mouser...I truly appreciate your very kind words.

Regarding the site changes,,,

I believe we should give the house ample time to work out the bugs, and of course any big IT overhaul will have bugs.

However...What I am waiting to see is if they will respond to a few requested tweaks.

Specifically, the photo gallery feature needs some big time tweaking.

First, only the file name displays now when you include a picture in a post. So, you can't see the picture you just posted. That's a big problem because it requires you to hit PREVIEW to check every picture. This makes it much more work to make a simple post and that's a problem.

Secondly, the photo gallery feature when opened still only displays the first 8 thumbnails, then no more thumbs are displayed no matter what I try to do. Obviously, many of us have well over a thousand pictures in our gallery, and I routinely reach back to shots from previous grows, If we can only see the first eight pictures, we must post from simply reading the image number, then go through the whole preview process, to even see what picture you posted. Unworkable.

There are also annoying things like apostrophes still not displaying properly, and the changing of my signature, little stuff that's secondary to content but still I wonder if they will address it.

I'm optimistic they have to be working on those things. If that stuff isn't fixed, well, I don't know how any of us can maintain a journal. But I have invested several years and thousands of hours in my journals, with the primary goal of trying to help others model my grows. That's why I came here and that's why I have stayed and given so much time, pretty much talking about the same things over and over every grow. As you observed, it's meant to be instructional and even inspiring...exactly in concert with the stated goals of this website.

If those are still the goals of the site, I'm confident they will address the issues that remain. I don't know why they wouldn't.

Peace, Hyena
Hopefully you posted this in the public thread so we can consider your requests. :thanks:

The site update is coming along pretty well at this point I think.

Most issues have been fixed and there seems to be a lot of dedication to getting it 100% judging by the general banter.

I figured it out so I'm sure most can.

Nuther PROJECT 27 update tomorrow.....................

Peace, Hyena

I wanted to post a major update this morning but I can't figure out how to upload photos after doing it successfully for two plus years.

I'm sure I will, I just don't have time this morning so sorry. We are flying to Las Vegas for four days for some fun. Maybe when I get back I can sit down and figure this out again.

Peace, Hyena

say there hm. elvis sings it best ...viva las vegas. all is looking stellar in the attic. have fun ...b safe

Hey all, the update is I'm leaving the 420 site.

It's been fun.

My original intention was to share working knowledge of successful indoor smaller-scale growing, while learning myself, and I feel like I was able to maybe help and inspire a fair number of folks with my observations, methods, and results..
Good time. Made a lot of friends along the way which I deeply appreciate.

I kind of feel my welcome is worn out with management however. Not going to detail it too much but there's been a general bias on Olympus against me since I revealed I'm conservative and a veteran, in many ways the wind changed 180 degrees and that's pretty much it for me.

I sincerely wish 420 Mag well, but time to ramble on. New places to explore and share my Hyena love. I have appreciated everyone who has been a friend and wish you all the very best.

See you on another road...

Peace, Hyena

Umm... Glad to have had you here. Sorry to hear you feel you need to leave bc of your political views. The rest of us will continue the conservative fight from the shadows...

I literally just found your project 21 this morning quite a setup. Sad to see you go.

Back
Top Bottom