Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More

Sour Grapes Seed Project update:

Well as stated in the above post, all clones have rooted and been placed into soil as you will see in the photos (with the exception of private reserve og).

I swear, some clones/strains just have much more vigor than others and Black Cherry Soda is my most vigorous plant that I have, followed by trainwreck, harlequin (rooting) and gorilla glue. The Black Cherry Soda I had 4 clones and all not only were rooted, but had thick fiberous roots that were almost 8" long after pulling the plugs out of the clone tray... I couldn't believe it! Most of the others were fairly developed roots, but none like the trainwreck, harelequin and black cherry soda which every single time I take clones they have ginormous roots!

Well over the week I was gone, all 7 of the sour grapes seedlings now are looking fantastic and really taking off! I watered them upon initial dropping of the seed so I wont be watering the soil again for probably at least 2 or 3 more weeks until the soil is dry and the roots have sprawled as I really want the plants to form a solid root base.

Other than that, not much else to report on so how about some photos !

Very nice journal! Congratulations on the seed harvest! I have had the same problem with the bad pollen from STS reversals. I will try it again one day. I have heard of people having success, so I don't know what we are doing wrong...

I noticed that you labled your PTK seeds BX but wouldn't the seeds you made be F1's or 2's?

Merry X-mas everyone,

Thanks Lazyfish! Merry Christmas to you as well, and happy new year!!

Yea I got very frustrated having some strains do spectacular with the STS/CS and some do nothing at all, one of these days I will figure it out as I still would like to be able to make fem seeds. Really not sure but I have a feeling it may have to do with certain strains... and maybe even vigor... my black cherry soda threw tons of pollen and also is one of my most robust plants, even with roots it roots faster and more massive roots than any other strains... so maybe vigor has a lot to do with it? who knows... Its one of those mysteries that needs to be discovered still :) lol

Yea, you are right with the BX... BX is hitting a mother plant with the progeny of that mother... so technically they aren't BXs... I honestly really didn't know much about the nomenclature of F1, BX...etc... so I just looked it up, and I guess they would be more of F1's, however some say that F1's are actually true hybrids which would be the crossing of 2 homozygous strains that are different... so IDK...LOL I will have to look into it more in the future to see what mine would be.. but your right, BX was the wrong label and should have been F1 or ?something else?

Have a happy New year!!!!!

Looks like you have everyone dialed in tight!

So far so good, I'm doing a mix of synthetic nutrients and organic nutrients and with the new soil so far so good :) Happy Holidays Pennywise!! !

Beautiful! :bravo:

Nice garden to come home to!

Yea I was thrilled the drip system works... If I didn't have so many different strains going I would consider using the drip system as my main feed method as it really seems to give a good mix of soil oxygen and water/feedings. Maybe in the future when I run a tent of the same strain I will put it into play and set everything to auto :)

Happy Holidays Graytail!!!

All looks great Ice! Glad the drip system worked out for you and that you had a good vacation!

Have a Happy New Year!

:passitleft:
Thanks ween!

yea I am glad it worked too! definitely would have had different results coming home without the dripper... so happy the plants were happy to see me :)

Happy New Year to you too!!!

Hi IC. Nomenclature is just bull anyways. It's all about communication. I Think you have F2's because F1's are the original cross between 2 unrelated strains and F2' are the next generation (if you breed brother and sister) of that strain.

Cheers, keep up the great work!

So question...

Lets say grower1 makes Strain A by combining 2 strains...
Those would be F1's....

Now lets say that grower1 gives seeds to grower2 and grower 2 pops all the seeds, pick a male and female and breed them..
Those would be F2s right?

Then if grower2 gives the resulting seeds Grower 3, and grower 3 then plants the seeds, picks a male and a female and breeds them, would the offspring then be F3?

If that is the case, then the 79 Xmas Bud I received were most likely F3, and then I made F4... ? right?

So question...

Lets say grower1 makes Strain A by combining 2 strains...
Those would be F1's....

Now lets say that grower1 gives seeds to grower2 and grower 2 pops all the seeds, pick a male and female and breed them..
Those would be F2s right?

Then if grower2 gives the resulting seeds Grower 3, and grower 3 then plants the seeds, picks a male and a female and breeds them, would the offspring then be F3?

If that is the case, then the 79 Xmas Bud I received were most likely F3, and then I made F4... ? right?

Well, that would be correct, assuming you crossed two PTK F3's (not sure if we know that they're F3's, though!). I recommend you read the link in my sig for the Quick Course In Cannabis Cross-Breeding & Genetics;)

Congrats on the Seed Harvests Ice, reading the strain details made my mouth water. They all sound so good. I am excited for those crosses you have made. The amount of variation you will get will be insane, especially since that is round one of your project.
At this point you could start a cannabis seed library.:goodjob:

Congrats on the Seed Harvests Ice, reading the strain details made my mouth water. They all sound so good. I am excited for those crosses you have made. The amount of variation you will get will be insane, especially since that is round one of your project.
At this point you could start a cannabis seed library.:goodjob:

In a way thats kind of my goal, as the more commercialized the "legal" market gets I think that we may see genetics influenced by the corporate greed kind of like other agriculture seeds have become. We still are at least 5 years or more from that happening IMO, but I want to make sure that I have plenty of choices when it comes to old school strains and rare genetics to choose from... for when everything on the market is either cookies or og kush varieties...I will have some surprises to have fun with :)

I'm also having a ton of fun making seeds and my own crosses. I have given out about a handful of seeds to close friends and people I know and so far I have had great feedback from the 1st seed project (feminized BCS) so going to continue to make tons and tons of seeds :) maybe one of these days the legal market will come down to earth in costs of starting up and small guys like me could actually market our genetcis without million dollar licenses and regs :)

Thanks for the kudos and Happy New Year!

Hey Everyone: Update Time.

Today makes Day 14 of flowering (from the flip) on my Deep Chunk aka Monkey balls seed project run and now all 7 of the Deep Chunks are showing signs of flowering. Out of the 7 seeds I popped, 2 of them are male, 4 are female and one is kind of inbetween as of now as its really hard to tell because its growing much slower than the others and looks to be female but hasn't fully shot out preflowers yet.

I have been feeding the girls 2 cups of nutrient feedings about 1x every 4-5 days which seems to keep them happy and I am rotating between synthetic nutrients and organic nutrients every other feeding. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds :)

Other than that, I turned all of the LED's on in the tent, so with the 2 budmaster HPS lights on full, and the budmaster (hybrid) light going I am running around 570w total draw of LED right now which is quite a bit for this little tent :)

Other than that, not much else to report on so here are some pics:

Full Tent Views:

Deep Chunk

Grand Daddy Purple

Black Cherry Soda:

Trainwreck

Quick update:

Sour Grapes Seed Project:

Well for this project since it is still in its early stage, there isn't much exciting news to post on this project update. I have a single clone of every one of my genetics in this tent and they are all getting used to their soil, stretching roots and showing new signs of growth.

I will be cloning the Taller 2 plants this weekend, the GDP and the Ogiesel which are much older than the rest so that I already have extra copies ready for whatever the next seed project is after the sour grapes. Also ogiesel and GDP are always my 2 slowest growing, shortest plants so its good to have the extra time for them to veg.

Other than that not much else is new. I lowered my lights slightly in this tent and turned on the 3rd budmaster as the plants were showing quite a bit of stretch which many times is an indicator of not enough light.

I will also be topping the sour grapes plants within the next week or 2 so they bush out and I can get more tops which means more seeds :)

Well not much else so how about some photos :)

Back
Top Bottom