Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

stop by my thread ice and check out my 1st harvest i also wanted to say thank you you did walk me through this grow by posting all your tips and grows

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Plants are looking very nice, awesome growth in a week. :thumb:

The difference in 1 week... I looked back and thought it was a cool comparison. Notice the crease on the back of my grow tent in the two photos for comparison.

DSC089771.JPG
DSC089991.JPG

Monthly contests are open for votes!!!! 420 Contests

:hippy:

:thumb:

dang ice i think flip needs ta happen soon omg they are gonna get mongo!! we both need side lighting, my plan on the next run in my big tent is to put even more led in there and add some side lights, well maybe i may just put all 4 leds and have them angled so the 2 smaller ones are criss crossing side to side would be over 1300 watts actual draw! :rocker:

dang ice i think flip needs ta happen soon omg they are gonna get mongo!! we both need side lighting, my plan on the next run in my big tent is to put even more led in there and add some side lights, well maybe i may just put all 4 leds and have them angled so the 2 smaller ones are criss crossing side to side would be over 1300 watts actual draw! :rocker:

I want to flip them now but I don't want to flower my Ogiesel, so I am waiting for my other tent to be available. My plan is to use my other tent as a temporary veg tent, for my Ogiesel, and half of my breeding project, I want to then spray CS on all the plants in my smaller tent and give them a week or 2 head start of my female pairs, and then once pollen develops, collect it, pollinate the vegging plants, and then move them back to the small tent, under the reflector led for feminized seeds. At the same time I move the Ogiesel, I am going to take clones of my Intelligent gro tent, cause these genetics are awesome. And then get them going in my other hydrohut tent.

I may decide to flower the Ogiesel though since I do have one smaller plant of it in veg, but I just am scarred of crowding the tent, as well as need to wait anyways for my other tent to be available for the clones of the I-gro tent.

I can't wait for the new strains!! I love GDP and any purples really :) and really excited about the harlequin too. I eventually am going to make feminized seeds of all of them, but just can only do about 4 strains at a time... right now the cherry pie, sfv og, GSC, and UVH og are going to be bread first, then I will do the Ogiesel and 3 more of my strains... once I get feminized seeds of all the plants, then the fun comes in where I can focus on 1 or 2 strains for flowers, and start crossing strains to create new ones to my liking :) cant wait!!! I can only dream of Ogiesel x GDP or GSC x purple dragon :) mmmmmmm mmmmm good!

Sounds awesome! I love making fem seeds!! :)

Hey Toker! thanks for stopping by, just started catching up on your journal on how to make feminized seeds. Very good read, still have to get through it all :) It will definitely be my resource when I get to the stage of spraying CS and making them :)

Hey Toker! thanks for stopping by, just started catching up on your journal on how to make feminized seeds. Very good read, still have to get through it all :) It will definitely be my resource when I get to the stage of spraying CS and making them :)

Thanks! I really like reading your journal. All you guys are doing a great job reviewing the Intelligent Gro LED. Sorry if I don't have much input, but I grow autoflowers. I think fem seeds are a must have if you grow autos. It's kinda like cloning is to a photoperiod grower. If you got any questions just ask!! :)

I want to flip them now but I don't want to flower my Ogiesel, so I am waiting for my other tent to be available. My plan is to use my other tent as a temporary veg tent, for my Ogiesel, and half of my breeding project, I want to then spray CS on all the plants in my smaller tent and give them a week or 2 head start of my female pairs, and then once pollen develops, collect it, pollinate the vegging plants, and then move them back to the small tent, under the reflector led for feminized seeds. At the same time I move the Ogiesel, I am going to take clones of my Intelligent gro tent, cause these genetics are awesome. And then get them going in my other hydrohut tent.

I may decide to flower the Ogiesel though since I do have one smaller plant of it in veg, but I just am scarred of crowding the tent, as well as need to wait anyways for my other tent to be available for the clones of the I-gro tent.

I can't wait for the new strains!! I love GDP and any purples really :) and really excited about the harlequin too. I eventually am going to make feminized seeds of all of them, but just can only do about 4 strains at a time... right now the cherry pie, sfv og, GSC, and UVH og are going to be bread first, then I will do the Ogiesel and 3 more of my strains... once I get feminized seeds of all the plants, then the fun comes in where I can focus on 1 or 2 strains for flowers, and start crossing strains to create new ones to my liking :) cant wait!!! I can only dream of Ogiesel x GDP or GSC x purple dragon :) mmmmmmm mmmmm good!
a man with a plan.. i like it!!
i spend at least 20hours a week researching ,dreaming,and planning breeding projects its more exciting to me than just growing someone elses idea of a great strain, i know how you feel fantasizing about crosses, i have a large number of articles on breeding i can feed you by pm or just pasting them here,let me know, you know im here to help,im no expert but i have gleaned alot of info on the subject,welcome to the wannabe breeders fray lol you'll be good at it too :rocker:

Sounds awesome! I love making fem seeds!! :)
i have been trying to get ice into breeding and fem seed production for a year or 2 he has the raw talent to be a beast of a breeder, and with your knowledge & enthusiasm for fem seed'n we shall create a dr.frankenweed yay!!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know what the power savings are with the dimmable features on the Intelligent Gro lights vs other lights with no dimming function to show how Intelligent Gro lights can help you save more electricity than other led brands.

So lets take a 180w led with no dimming functions set on a 18/6 schedule, vs a 400w HID vs. an Intelligent grow 180w (228w model) on 18/6 veg setting and compare the savings...
------------------------------------------------
Typical 400w HID light draw...

This light will operate at 400 watts = .4 KW (400 x .001)

.4 kw per hour x 18 hrs running per day = 7.2 KwHr per day.
7.2 KwHr per day x 30 days per month = 216 KwHr per month.

Cost to run per month at $.30 cents per KwHr.. = $64.80 per month to run...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

180w LED with no dimming...

This light will operate at 180 watts = .18 KW (180 x .001)

.18 kw per hour x 18 hrs running per day = 3.24 KwHr per day.
3.24 KwHr per day x 30 days per month = 97.2 KwHr per month.

Cost to run per month at $.30 cents per KwHr.. = $29.60 per month to run...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets look at the Intelligent Gro 228w model. *(max 180w avg.)

a little info on the Intelligent Gro LED lights..... This is the power draw per (114w) module, broken down to draw per channel...

each module (114w) has 3 channels and each channel has a max power draw if on 100%. here is the power draw per channel:
Intense/Grow - 53w @ 100%
Veg - 19w @ 100%
Bloom - 18w @ 100%

So with that said you can see that if the first hour is set for 10% each channel then this means for that hour the average power used would only be:
Intense/Grow - 5.3w @ 10%
Veg - 1.9w @ 10%
Bloom - 1.8w @ 10%

Now considering this.... the company recommended veg schedule would equal at 18/6....

Each hour of the day with light on would equal these Kw draws per hour...(*using recommended dimmer schedule veg)

Draw per hour with Veg Schedule (per 114w module)
Hour 1= 19.95 w
Hour 2= 32.55 w
Hour 3= 50.54 w
Hour 4= 68.85 w
Hour 5= 83.7 w
Hour 6= 87.3 w
Hour 7= 90 w
Hour 8= 90 w
Hour 9= 90 w
Hour 10= 90 w
Hour 11= 90 w
Hour 12= 90 w
Hour 13= 86.4 w
Hour 14= 73.9 w
Hour 15= 53.15 w
Hour 16= 32.4 w
Hour 17= 21.7 w
Hour 18= 12.7 w

Total KW used in total 18/6 schedule per day... 1.16314 KwHr per day...

Now the total draw per module per month.... KwHr per month...34.89 KwHr per month used x2 (228w model) = total montly draw of 228w (180w) model is 69.78 KwHr

Total cost to run 228w model at 18/6 veg schedule at $.30 per KwHr = $20.93 per month to run 1x 228w model....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So in comparison...

Cost to run typical 400w HID light per month = $64.80 per month
Cost to run typical non dimming LED 180w light per month = $29.60 per month
Cost to run Intelligent Grow 228w (180w) model per month = $20.93 per month

Cost savings with Intelligent Gro vs non dimming 180w LED over the course of 1 year... $104.40....
*assuming light is used only for veg area, not including bloom schedule for either light...only comparing veg.

Cost savings with Intelligent Gro vs 400w HID HPS or MH over the course of 1 year...$526.44.
*assuming light is used only for veg area, not including bloom schedule for either light...only comparing veg.

So as you can see..... the dimming feature is a nice option for those that are power conscious and as you can see in my journal, these lights veg very well even with the dimming veg schedule... So not only are my Intelligent Gro lights vegging great, but I am also saving about $105 per light over the course of a year over other LED lights I use..

Now please note, I am in California, and we have one of the highest rates for electricity in the nation other than HI and NY, so your results may not be as significant in savings... but as you can see, it all adds up.

Wow thats a lot of math!! LOL... good thing I had some good Cherry pie to keep me entertained while doing the calculations...

WOW!!! $0.30/kW hour in CA, we pay $0.08/kW hour ($0.12/kW hour over 500 kW during summer), so the dimming feature save less than $30 here per year, but every little bit helps.

Nice breakdown of the costs, Icemud. Thanks! :thumb:

Now we just need to find out from you guys that are using these LED's, if the dimming "feature" truly makes a difference in the growth or the finish of the plants. My thought would be that even if that feature doesn't make a discernible difference in the growth cycle or the finished product, you could still save money in electricity with this LED.

Here's hoping that the finished product actually is a little better than with other LED's...

looking very good ice! :rocker: im noticing rust and yellow spots too im wondering if its the leds i have heard they can use alot more cal & mag im hoping thats it . :headbanger:
Could you go into a little more detail about this Bid? It may be a problem I'm dealing with.

Long island Ny is 23.4 kwh avr..
I use to feel like the utilities included building I live in was just a way to charge more rent but now that I'm growing I feel I'm finally getting even with the Landlord. LOL

Looking good Ice.

Back
Top Bottom