Yeah I wish it were strain related. But I think it's related between the cold, and a potassium deficiency. Beautiful colors either way. We run em till they're done!

Heyo bill! Totally! Some days easier than others!

These ladies are under a 610w spectrum King. Prior they were under vivo vsf6450 which I believe is similar equivalent. But the readings are far different. I get good readings on vivo, but the readings on spectrum King are on a different level. As soon as these hobos are done. I've got a new batch ready to go under it. I'm going to keep them under 6ft. Because height indoors has been an issue lately wink 😉
The spectrum King fixture was designed to replace a 1000W Double Ended HID grow light.
That's cool . :thumb:
Now I get it, I like that light and the switch.
I used to run 1200 watts for the first 4 weeks then swiitch to 2700 watts to finish to finish.
The change was fantastic.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Running some soil pH test out my make shift work area. Modded 5 gal water bottle with 6.7 pH water. Attached air line to water plant slowly. Catch run off. pH. Dump water. Clean utensils with clean pH water. Next plant.

So far running a .3 - .8 variable. When checking runoff. Meaning it's closer to 7.3-7.5 soil pH. In what I have checked. Next time I will set 7ph so I don't have to modify. I believe it's causing some lockout issues. I have a mag deficiency popping up throughout. Before I jumped to a remedy. I wanted to verify what I thought. Soil pH is a bit high.

So after the check this afternoon I will water with 6 ph for the next few days or so. The. Re check soil pH this weekend.

20240422_161037.jpg

20240422_161527.jpg

20240422_161857.jpg
i like your watering can idea plant looks good, what PH do you usually aim for when growing in soil?

i like your watering can idea plant looks good, what PH do you usually aim for when growing in soil?
Thank you. I push a lot of water, I hate manually pumping. Hadn't replaced my normal pump sprayer that exploded a few weeks ago, I was using a 1.5gal backup sprayer I pieces together. Refilling it was literally killing me, some days not so bad 2 or three times. Other days more. Measuring mixing oh my. This allows 5 gal worry free watering.

Normally I water 6.2 - 6.4 after nutrients and pH down.

I had lots of issues with pH pen over the last year, finally got a good replacement. Fully calibrated old and new pens.

I just finished checking all veg plants that were showing mag deficiency. Which makes since if soil pH is averaging 7.5ph. So I'm gonna water lower probably 5.8 - 6ph the next few times, see if I can gradually lower it. I will probably foliar spray with some Epsom salt water mix tomorrow before lights out. See if I can slow down what's happened already.

Good morning y'all! Back to it this morning! See if we can lower the pH across the board. I haven't checked any of the flowering plants runoff. But I can guarantee id see the same info. It also seems relevant to the color changes I've seen in flower, the cold definitely helped but hovering in the 7.5 range definitely limits phosphorus, iron, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc. OH MY!

soil-ph-chart-marijuana-ogpapa.jpg

I really never considered it would be that high! 🤔

So moving into flush them down with lower pH to see if I can balance them out! Before I push veg I to flower.

Good morning y'all! Back to it this morning! See if we can lower the pH across the board. I haven't checked any of the flowering plants runoff. But I can guarantee id see the same info. It also seems relevant to the color changes I've seen in flower, the cold definitely helped but hovering in the 7.5 range definitely limits phosphorus, iron, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc. OH MY!

soil-ph-chart-marijuana-ogpapa.jpg

I really never considered it would be that high! 🤔

So moving into flush them down with lower pH to see if I can balance them out! Before I push veg I to flower.

'Mornin OG!

Man oh Man, we had some fun with that song in the bars way back when. :rofl:

Hey OG, do you have any option to slow down the slide show (or .Gif) pics? They go so faaaaast. Are you making your own .gifs for those?
I found the option, I didn't know it existed. They were fast 😂 haha. I slowed it down, edited the post. Yes, it's one of the features I found moving pictures around on my phone one day. I select the pictures in my gallery, then click on the button that says create at the bottom. That's where I would usually do like a picture collage. Seen the gif option one day was like 'all be damned.

I found the option, I didn't know it existed. They were fast 😂 haha. I slowed it down, edited the post. Yes, it's one of the features I found moving pictures around on my phone one day. I select the pictures in my gallery, then click on the button that says create at the bottom. That's where I would usually do like a picture collage. Seen the gif option one day was like 'all be damned.
So much better! Thanks. :) My eyes aren't snapping back and forth when I try to view it now. :rofl:

My video editor program has an option to create .gifs. I keep wanting to give it a try, but haven't had the time to learn it.

My video editor program has an option to create .gifs. I keep wanting to give it a try, but haven't had the time to learn it.
Well make it happen lady! 😁 I have got to find time get back to my editing software. Normally I just run it to heavy edit or vectorize my images for vinyl sticker cutting. I've been slacking since the new year! Er gardening I mean! 🤣

Turned my new premium 5gal waterer, into a vac(by connecting my vac to the AIR valve inlet) sucking up the flush catch reservoir, and the floors in the tent. After I flushed everything. It was easy enough to pull the small stuff and water/drain over them a bin. But all the larger plants stayed in place. Moving on to the seedsman comparative plants to test.

20240423_142010.jpg

Turned my new premium 5gal waterer, into a vac(by connecting my vac to the AIR valve inlet) sucking up the flush catch reservoir, and the floors in the tent. After I flushed everything. It was easy enough to pull the small stuff and water/drain over them a bin. But all the larger plants stayed in place. Moving on to the seedsman comparative plants to test.

20240423_142010.jpg
Cut the bottom off and it makes for a great bathtub gravity bong. 😇

Alrightio

The verdict is in!

After all run off test were completed yesterday, my soil pH has either risen. Or I'm just simply not getting enough run off.

soil run off pH avg - 7.42

yep. I know. It was even a smidge higher in some pots.

Soo I spent a full day. Slowly watering down pots. 6.17ph water I didn't want to make it to drastic from what I usually water. But I definitely ran 3 times the pot size through them slowly, a little bit a time, until I achieved a very good amount of run off.

After everyone was tucked back into their home, I went through with dose of nutrients/Calmag. Just to give each pot 20oz or so while they recover over the next couple of days.

Alrightio

The verdict is in!

After all run off test were completed yesterday, my soil pH has either risen. Or I'm just simply not getting enough run off.

soil run off pH avg - 7.42

yep. I know. It was even a smidge higher in some pots.

Soo I spent a full day. Slowly watering down pots. 6.17ph water I didn't want to make it to drastic from what I usually water. But I definitely ran 3 times the pot size through them slowly, a little bit a time, until I achieved a very good amount of run off.

After everyone was tucked back into their home, I went through with dose of nutrients/Calmag. Just to give each pot 20oz or so while they recover over the next couple of days.
Chasing my own ph ghosts at the moment.
Something I noticed last night but haven’t nailed down is my ph rises significantly after sitting.
I had water ph’d in a clean bucket and let it sit for 12 hours and the ph rose around 1.5..
I ph’d it back down and am gonna check it before I leave for work and when I get home.
It doesn’t make sense because my water sits in a bucket for quite some time before I ph it.
You might try the same test.

Something I noticed last night but haven’t nailed down is my ph rises significantly after sitting.
I had water ph’d in a clean bucket and let it sit for 12 hours and the ph rose around 1.5..
I ph’d it back down and am gonna check it before I leave for work and when I get home.
It doesn’t make sense because my water sits in a bucket for quite some time before I ph it.
So weird. Evaporation can raise the PH level. I highly doubt yours has evaporated that much in only 12 hours. Hope someone has a solid answer for you soon.

I check pH from well after 48 hrs before and after nutrients. Even after letting it hangout for 12hrs I only get minimal rise.... Like .15 raise

What's your water source? Are you ph'n before or after nutrients?

Temperature also plays a part in the pH reading consistency.
so if you pH in cold water it's going to read different after that water is warmed up in the bucket or likewise. Warm to cold

20240424_133537.jpg

Back
Top Bottom