In The Lab

Hey Doc, I know you have probably answered this question somewhere. But I wouldn't even know where to even look. Have you developed a formula, so to speak, for growing autos in the kit. I value my soil so I'm I little reluctant to grow anything but photos in it.
Thanks

Morning Noob, no Doc has no "special" formula or recipe for Auto's. Our soil works for them, it doesn't matter weather your plants are photo's or auto's ,...they all grow great ! treat them just the same bud......what you doin messin with them anyhow....Cheers eh!

kit grown Black Cream Auto finishes 8 weeks from seed,

in a 2 gl pot, only fed once no foliar at all yet

first auto inside or in the kit, so far so good

here she is at 14th and 24th day.

MG29_BC_d14.jpg

LSTed
MG29_BC_d24_a.jpg

I'm also going to start a small autos project on the side in an extra tent. My only question would be, would you recharge the soil after the auto starts to flower?

According to duggan, you treat them the same as photos. Doesn't make much sense to me but he knows what's up. I'm still waiting for Doc to chime in though.

Doc Bud doesn't do autos. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ziggy would know best probably, although ... he crazy, so ... :hmmmm:

If it takes a month to get the biota attuned to the amendment when we first cook it ... then it should take slightly less time for the recharge to hook up ... right ... ? So, there should be time for it to be beneficial, I would think.

I don' see a downside ...

It seems like it would be a waste of a run of soil ,IMO. I value it so it's hard for me to justify growing any autos in it. Seems like i would go through batches really fast instead of over 4 months at a time. Maybe I'm not looking at it the right way. That's why I asked Doc. I knew he would know the pros and cons. Maybe Ziggy will chime in with the way he does it.

Oh Noob, sounds to me like your gonna start doin auto's ...correct? I don't like the idea for one reason....plants don't get big enough to give me the yield I require with my grows . You are right too, it 's almost a waste of nice kit soil isn't it! To each , his own Noob. If I were to try them I would treat them EXACTLY as any other plant in our soil! There really is NO difference ! One is a photo and one is an auto...big deal,...they're both plants ! They both go thru the same processes! You may have to time things a little different but they are all the same bud. Cheers. Does this make sense to you now ....and have I ever steered you wrong ?

I feel what noob is saying. Considering an auto would finish so fast. He would burn through his kits amendment and recharge supplies twice as fast using the same directions. I'm going to run some autos along side my photos and I could be wrong on this one here but I am going to skip the recharge step on my autos with the idea that the soil is well amended to last through the entire short life of the Auto. And will just recycle that soil along with the soil from my photos since i'd be looking at the same time frame of about 3 months per harvest.

I'm not growing autos my next grow. But I have 6 auto seeds. Maybe I will grow some in different soil and use up some of the nutrients I have that I'll probably never use again. I'm going to grow 4 like last time and go big like last time. I'm freakin hooked. I almost want to cancel my vacation so I can start growing again. But I do have a smidgen of patience.

I feel what noob is saying. Considering an auto would finish so fast. He would burn through his kits amendment and recharge supplies twice as fast using the same directions. I'm going to run some autos along side my photos and I could be wrong on this one here but I am going to skip the recharge step on my autos with the idea that the soil is well amended to last through the entire short life of the Auto. And will just recycle that soil along with the soil from my photos since i'd be looking at the same time frame of about 3 months per harvest.
OK Canad, i have given this whole auto thing some more thought! I would do everything the same but i would NOT give the ReCharge at bloom start...actually i wouldn't give it at all. Start Auto's in kit soil and treat as any other plant but simply skip the ReCharge and top dressing . IMO, they would not need this extra boost cuz they are so quick to finish. Cheers...make sense?

I'm not growing autos my next grow. But I have 6 auto seeds. Maybe I will grow some in different soil and use up some of the nutrients I have that I'll probably never use again. I'm going to grow 4 like last time and go big like last time. I'm freakin hooked. I almost want to cancel my vacation so I can start growing again. But I do have a smidgen of patience.
Cancel...don't you dare ! You have plenty of top shelf produce ! I keep my grow going when i leave for vacation...what's the big deal bud...just get some started and have someone drop in half way thru the week and give them a drink....done. that's what i do every time i go to Jamaica. These GC's. will be down and jarred and four new ones will be in the 26ers by the time we go! It works out great cuz my whole system continues as i'm still here! There is NO reason why you can't get some going in another month or so...just don't start them too early as to require constant care and shit ...OK! Cheers bud!

OK Canad, i have given this whole auto thing some more thought! I would do everything the same but i would NOT give the ReCharge at bloom start...actually i wouldn't give it at all. Start Auto's in kit soil and treat as any other plant but simply skip the ReCharge and top dressing . IMO, they would not need this extra boost cuz they are so quick to finish. Cheers...make sense?

Cancel...don't you dare ! You have plenty of top shelf produce ! I keep my grow going when i leave for vacation...what's the big deal bud...just get some started and have someone drop in half way thru the week and give them a drink....done. that's what i do every time i go to Jamaica. These GC's. will be down and jarred and four new ones will be in the 26ers by the time we go! It works out great cuz my whole system continues as i'm still here! There is NO reason why you can't get some going in another month or so...just don't start them too early as to require constant care and shit ...OK! Cheers bud!

My aunt is coming to my house to watch my kids. She will be here the whole time and she's not pro cannabis by any means. So, I have to be a good boy and smoke on my pound and a half of HB bud until I can get going again the day I come back.

Doc Bud doesn't do autos. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ziggy would know best probably, although ... he crazy, so ... :hmmmm:

If it takes a month to get the biota attuned to the amendment when we first cook it ... then it should take slightly less time for the recharge to hook up ... right ... ? So, there should be time for it to be beneficial, I would think.

I don' see a downside ...

thats how i grow the autos in kit soil..
-add the recharge a little earlier..
I ran the autos same as non autos.

as far as yield and big autos, some members are growing monsters..

try them...:)

ps G.T.....im not that crazy..

:rofl:

Hey just got some of the kit plants into flower and one of em started showing mag deficentcies, the doc still recommend 7 teaspoons per 5 gallons to treat those( I kinda missed a heft part of the middle of this thread)It's an OG (snow high TGK) so it defiantly possible it needs it just don't wanna over mag/sul the soil.

Back
Top Bottom