InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Whatcha gonna be baking?
Not sure yet. Just wanna try something different.
I'm sure I'll do some gummies, but that all depends on how the "liquid" coconut oil does during the infusion.
I'm skeptical, thinking it may separate or chunk up like the normal coconut oil. If it hold a liquid state through infusing and cooling, I'm thinking it will be a great all-around cooking/baking oil.

Thursday update y'all!

This one doesn't have a lot going on because I had to be up and out the door very early for an 11th grade college prep meeting at my son's school. Then I went back home to get the plants out of the shed (it was 49º when I left the house and 74º when I got back!), take some pics, and water the PC.

Here's what I've got for you:

Sour G enjoying the only real light it gets in a day:

And the Candidas that are starting to look troubled.

With tap:

Without tap:

I think they are really in need of a transplant so on Saturday I'll bump them into 5 gallon nursery pots with fresh ProMix HP and some Mykos and I'll see what they think of that. I'll also be topping some of the leaders to keep it on the bushy side. I was hoping the top of the no-tap was going to go up but it just wants to go out. Can't have that!

Since the Bedroom Cookies is in FFOF I gave it plain tap water this morning with a lot of runoff. I'll check the roots this weekend to see if I can leave it in the cup for another few weeks as I want to keep it small for now. I'd like to have it around for the summer grow that starts when the three biggies are harvested. At this point that will be a Candida clone (or two), a Stank Genetics DTF, an 420 Super Lemon Haze, the BC, and probably something else. Oh yeah, the AK clone!

The weekend is getting close and the days are getting longer...things to look forward to!
:peace:

Nice out door weather! I got my Train Wreck out there soak'n it up! She's short and squat and girthy!!

Me and my neighbor get high and play ping pong, but I like your idea too!

Nice out door weather! I got my Train Wreck out there soak'n it up! She's short and squat and girthy!!
Me and my neighbor get high and play ping pong, but I like your idea too!
Well you can see the ping pong table is always out at my house! Stop by and play :).

And that Train Wreck looks very much like my BBa2 from August 2017!
20170809_074945.jpg

:high-five:
Yessss!

Howdy! :ciao:
Had you on the edge of your seat, didn't I!
:ciao:

I'm sure I'll do some gummies, but that all depends on how the "liquid" coconut oil does during the infusion.
I'm skeptical, thinking it may separate or chunk up like the normal coconut oil. If it hold a liquid state through infusing and cooling, I'm thinking it will be a great all-around cooking/baking oil.

I used liquid coconut oil last batch (the stuff that is liq at room temp), worked fine, tastes great, not less filling.

I just ordered some molds. I haven't done gummies yet. I've done caramels (came out too gooey), infused VG filled capsules, and the family favorite, Toll House cookies. Looks like a fairly standard recipe is 1/4 cup infused coconut oil, 1 large package flavored jello, four 1/4oz packets unflavored gelatin, 1.5 cup of juice, 1/2 cup of honey. Does that sound about right? Are there any flavors you think work best?

I just ordered some molds. I haven't done gummies yet. I've done caramels (came out too gooey), infused VG filled capsules, and the family favorite, Toll House cookies. Looks like a fairly standard recipe is 1/4 cup infused coconut oil, 1 large package flavored jello, four 1/4oz packets unflavored gelatin, 1.5 cup of juice, 1/2 cup of honey. Does that sound about right? Are there any flavors you think work best?
I've never used that recipe before. It seems like this recipe is designed for quantity over quality. By using 1.5 cup juice, you're forcing yourself to use way more unflavored gelatine than necessary. Too much gelatine can cause tough/chewy spots in the gummies. I'm also unsure about using coconut oil in gummies, as it tends to separate, leaving you with uneven doses & little chunks of coconut oil in the gummies.

I would recommend using avacado oil or EVOO as the carrier oil.

The recipe I use calls for:

1/4c infused oil
1/4c light corn syrup
1/2c water or juice

6oz Jello mix (either 1 large box or 2 small)
2) .25oz packs gelatine

There are many different ways to skin that cat.... this is just how I do it. I'd be interested in how they turn out if you do them that way. I'm always looking for better ways.

:passitleft:

I used liquid coconut oil last batch (the stuff that is liq at room temp), worked fine, tastes great, not less filling.
Noice!
:high-five:
I'm grabbing some today while I'm out running errands.

I've never used that recipe before. It seems like this recipe is designed for quantity over quality. By using 1.5 cup juice, you're forcing yourself to use way more unflavored gelatine than necessary. Too much gelatine can cause tough/chewy spots in the gummies. I'm also unsure about using coconut oil in gummies, as it tends to separate, leaving you with uneven doses & little chunks of coconut oil in the gummies.

I would recommend using avacado oil or EVOO as the carrier oil.

The recipe I use calls for:

1/4c infused oil
1/4c light corn syrup
1/2c water or juice

6oz Jello mix (either 1 large box or 2 small)
2) .25oz packs gelatine

There are many different ways to skin that cat.... this is just how I do it. I'd be interested in how they turn out if you do them that way. I'm always looking for better ways.

Thanks, I was kinda indirectly fishing for your recipe...lol

I may try the one I posted. It's from some chick is that was dubbed "The Martha Stewart of Cannabis Edibiles" and she's published a lot of Canna cookbooks. I do like yours for simplicity of ingredients. I have a couple days to decide.

Her recipe is HERE

I may try the one I posted. It's from some chick is that was dubbed "The Martha Stewart of Cannabis Edibiles" and she's published a lot of Canna cookbooks. I do like yours for simplicity of ingredients. I have a couple days to decide.

Her recipe is HERE
I did a terrible video awhile back to break down how I do it. Here's the link.

I tweak the recipe all the time, but this original recipe is still my standard.

I did a photo tutorial recently too:
Cooking with The Chronic

You'll be surprised how easy it really is.
:thumb:

Her recipe is HERE
Having used P's recipe I trust him over Martha Stewart any day!

I just tried P's recipe a couple nights ago. I followed it exactly except that I used refined coconut oil instead of EVOO and they turned out great!! I maybe went a little heavy on the corn starch...

Back
Top Bottom