InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Shed, you've got a great filing retrieval system!
Thanks Stunger! I'm glad I can put my brain to some use :).
nice tid bit of info to know, was thinking of using this years veggies
Sounds like a great idea. We're gonna need harvest pics come fall!
IKR! How does he do that?
Magic :meditate:
I'm way behind but I had something to share.
Buttercup's Candida.
She looks good.
All behinds are welcome here :ciao:

Looks like the STS is working for him, so of course we are going to need details (brand, strength, method) so the rest of us can repeat his results. :thanks: for getting your behind back here to post the news!

How about a non-plant chilly grey update! As I mentioned before, MadDab recommended I get a Buchner funnel to strain my QWET, in an attempt to remove as much plant waxes and sugars as possible.

And mine finally arrived! The box:

The inspection:

The contents:

What it looks like when it's all assembled correctly:
Buchner_filtering_kit_white_4.jpg

Basically, a Buchner funnel is a ceramic, flat-bottomed funnel with holes at the bottom (like a colander) that are then covered with flat filter paper in the micron size of your choosing. The liquid is drawn through the filter using a pump, and the filtered liquid is collected in a beaker.

The included filter paper is 11 microns, which is too big for my purposes, so I'm checking Amazon for something in the 1-2 micron range. It's not easy to find because there's no standard description. Some companies say #1 (like the included ones do), some say X microns, some say X um, and some say Medium! Some say 90mm and some say 9cm. So every possible filter needs to be checked on since Amazon can't really narrow down the choices for me.

Anyway, that's my search for today!

I hope it's sunny where you are because with grey today and rain tomorrow and Friday, we're not having a great week for outdoor plants. :cool:

Stay safe!

Not really up on filter paper Shed, been 20+ yrs since I took a chemistry course and had proper equipment to work with :rofl:

What I did find...if it has a G8 rating, it will filter out anything larger than 1 micron (um). As for ones that just list fast/medium/slow...that refers to how fast fluid will flow through the paper with slow filtering out the smallest particles

Not really up on filter paper Shed, been 20+ yrs since I took a chemistry course and had proper equipment to work with
What I did find...if it has a G8 rating, it will filter out anything larger than 1 micron (um). As for ones that just list fast/medium/slow...that refers to how fast fluid will flow through the paper with slow filtering out the smallest particles
Good to know, thanks Celt! Never got around to the Amazon search today but it doesn't look the weather this weekend is right for outdoor filtering anyway. That and I'll be taking down the Durban as well.
Great stuff Shed, it's always fun to open up a parcel and poke your nose to enjoy the contents. I see that you're now growing a moustache!
LOL...she's got a lovely moustache! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I really don't know what you're looking for, so this may be of no use. I'm pretty sure they're not food grade.
Thank you MrS! Mine are 90mm which is ~3.5", but I don't see that size on your list. It does look like the PTFE gets a lot finer and stands up to solvents the best, so that should narrow down the search.
Did a double take on that one lol thought there was a face reveal I missed
Har!

:thanks:

Well done getting that out of him so quickly! Wrapped around your finger he is. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll read through the instructions tonight, but I can't find STS on the Pro Supply Outlet website, nor can I find Unicorn Productions Inc as a seller of Silver Nitrite! So I'm going to have to source those elsewhere and hope to mirror what Chris did.
I can be persuasive.

I can ask him again tomorrow, see if he can remember.
He was cooking when we spoke so he was a bit distracted.

Highya Sheddie.
Talked to Chris and he said the silver nitrate is a powder. It is currently unavailable like you said. He said that there is a difference but he was rambling a little. Anyway go with the powder.

Sodium Thiosulfate is a crystal prep.
It is pentahydrate. Not the anhydrous
prep.

Love it that you are always up too something my friend. Never really understood qwet vs rosin maybe you can illuminate me ?
Qwet i gathered take pure shine,rum 151 or everclear to shake and freeze then filter out the hash. I did make moonrocks with a hair presser and lots of kief for layers . The ease of the press i liked but curious if qwet has added benefits?
Welcome back Kis! There are a number of differences (e.g. rosin is a hell of a lot faster and easier, but with more upfront costs for the press and plates), but for me the main difference is that pressing your bud leaves enough cannabinoids behind that most of the squishers save their spent pucks to run through QWET! Using a solvent completely dissolves the trichomes into solution so there is nothing left to extract when you're done. I hate waste. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Highya Sheddie.
Talked to Chris and he said the silver nitrate is a powder. It is currently unavailable like you said. He said that there is a difference but he was rambling a little. Anyway go with the powder.
Sodium Thiosulfate is a crystal prep. It is pentahydrate. Not the anhydrous prep.
Thanks for staying on him VG! I read the directions last night and they were a bit confusing (especially when the author admitted to typos later in the comments :eek: ), but I'll find a few other sources (including this from back in 2007) and see if I can get it straight.

I knew there was a reason to keep the two spare Candidas...for the next round!

Mornin', Shed!
If you're still looking for filter paper, here's some pretty reasonably priced 2.5 micron ones- so, a little bigger than ideal, but...
They're 125 mm (5 inch), but you could trim them to 3.5 inches- $33 for 100-
This is the same place that has the ethyl alcohol, that I posted a week or 2 ago...

Damn it! This ain't the box from Chewy.com...again! :rofl:
LOL! She doesn't care where it's from. If it's a box, she gets to inspect it first. :)
Mornin', Shed!
If you're still looking for filter paper, here's some pretty reasonably priced 2.5 micron ones- so, a little bigger than ideal, but...
They're 125 mm (5 inch), but you could trim them to 3.5 inches- $33 for 100-
This is the same place that has the ethyl alcohol, that I posted a week or 2 ago...

Thanks carcass! I was just this second on Amazon's site, where I learned that Grade 5 means 2.5 microns (good enough for me), and that made searching much easier. I'm ordering the Whatman 4712R20PK 1005090 Grade 5 Qualitative Filter Paper, 90 mm Thick and Max Volume 64 ml/m (Pack of 100) for $24. Should be here next Wednesday, so we'll see what the weather forecast is for that weekend!

Just a reminder that the end of the month is coming, which means the window is closing (in the middle of the wall) on the two sets of 420mag contests that show up in January:

The "...Of The Month" contests can be found here.

The "...Of The Year" contests can be found here.

Go find your faves and cast your vote before the deadline. Lots of prizes are up for grabs and lots of worthy things to vote on (on which to vote). Grammar is not one of them however. :sorry:

This might be the only time you get to vote twice and not show up on the nightly news. Go do it...we'll wait! :slide:

Back
Top Bottom