InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

With Mega Crop fert. do you all measure with a scale ,, i know it come with a cup but i just want to know were 4.5 Grms. is . I read on there site i think it said a full teaspoon is 6.0 gr. ? Thanks Ya'll
Thanks sb! I don't remember if I ever got a cup with my MC, but a scale is highly recommended. Once you weigh out whatever you're measuring in a few time you can just use that as a gauge for that amount, but when you increase it you'll need to weigh it out again.

Well then this can be a test of the citric acid spray for bugs then. :)

From what I've found online, they recommend a slightly higher concentration (1.5%), but I'd need to test that on leaves, pistils, and trichomes before I added any more to my mix
Hey Shed, I look forward to hearing your results. Your Red Dragon is looking so pretty and the JH babe is too.

Not on page 2000 yet? Sheesh :ciao:
If you're only going to show up once every 4 months I'll never get there! :ciao:
Hey Shed, I look forward to hearing your results. Your Red Dragon is looking so pretty and the JH babe is too.
Thanks Carmen! The USB scope arrived today and I've got some aphids on the large Red Dragon clone I just upcanned, so I'll get before and after pics of the 1% citric acid spray on those.

Shed you are doing a damn good job of getting the soil and adds in witchy leads to this Question LOL With Mega Crop fert. do you all measure with a scale ,, i know it come with a cup but i just want to know were 4.5 Grms. is . I read on there site i think it said a full teaspoon is 6.0 gr. ? Thanks Ya'll :smokin: :smokin:

go by weight and get a scale. g/gal or g/L is the way to go. teaspoons etc is just a drunken toss at a dartboard.
MC is all over the map even with a scale. you'd need a clairvoyant without one.

it gets stupid easy when you go by weight.

I have some bugs on the flowering Red Dragon, but it seems that mostly I have dead bugs!
Yikes. I hope there’s a wash coming for her at harvest.:nervous-guy:She’s still a beauty though.

.there is always a wash at harvest!

and then you go and remind me of all the unwashed outdoor weed i smoked over the yrs ... snap crackle pop :rolleyes:

Sorry to bring back bad memories bluter! Paraquat doesn't wash off anyway. ;)

"In March 1978, 13 (21 per cent) of 61 marijuana samples from the southwestern United States were found to be contaminated with the herbicide paraquat, a pulmonary toxin, in concentrations from 3 to 2,264 parts per million. The source of the contamination was an aerial spraying program in Mexico, supported indirectly by United States funds."
Source

Sorry to bring back bad memories bluter! Paraquat doesn't wash off anyway. ;)

cdn brother. only smoked bc bud or was growing when it was an issue. americans exclusively got to experience the cancer.
i was a little more industry oriented then, and it was a definite thing.

edit : made piles off that issue.

I'll be on the road much of Sunday so I thought I'd get a late Saturday night update in.

First, I transplanted the big Red Dragon clone that was cut back on April 25th. As I mentioned, I'm keeping it as a mother plant in case the RD is a winner:

Then my USB scope arrived, so I got some trichome pics (flip day 61) to test it out. Red Dragon first:

It's still drinking so it lives another week. Also, MrS chopped his last year on day 66, so there's time left on the clock by that count too.

Here is the Tin Can Kush:

I noticed a lot of aphids in various stages on some TCK leaves, and since @Carmen Ray was interested, I pulled one off to do a spray test and view the results using the new scope. I won't post any pics here (some folks are squeamish), but here's one if anyone is interested.

Anyway, in a completely unscientific test (because I only had one leaf) I sprayed it with my citric acid spray and waited until it was dry. Moving bugs.

Then I sprayed it with Safers Insect killing spray (potassium salts) and let it dry. Moving bugs.

Then I sprayed it with 7% isopropyl alcohol and let it dry. No moving bugs!

Of course, by the time I hit it with the alcohol it had been sprayed with two other mixes, and the Safers had been sitting mixed in the sprayer for a month or so. I also didn't wait any longer than it took for the spray to dry. Maybe I'll bag a few leaves and save them for a better test...
That said, I'll be spraying both flowering plants down tomorrow morning with the iso spray. :thumb:

Early start tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. Have a great Sunday all!

Interesting test. Could also be that either of the first two methods take longer to be effective. But the instantaneous success of the iso is appealing. Did you notice any negative effects on the plant, maybe drier leaves or something? Hard to attribute any damage to any one thing though, I suppose.

#sciencewithshed

With Mega Crop fert. do you all measure with a scale ,, i know it come with a cup but i just want to know were 4.5 Grms. is . I read on there site i think it said a full teaspoon is 6.0 gr. ? Thanks Ya'll :smokin: :smokin:

My experience is that 1/8tsp = 1g. 2 different bags of the 1 part were sampled and my results were + or - .1g going strictly by volume. I fed via volume for 2 years rather than weight and didn't have any issues. That said, I did verify everything 1st with a scale and with my particular spoons, but after a couple weeks I no longer felt the need to verify the weight if I was going to be within a tenth of a gram.

teaspoons etc is just a drunken toss at a dartboard.
MC is all over the map even with a scale. you'd need a clairvoyant without one.

I'm that drunken dart throwing clairvoyant. :rofl: Well at least the drunk part.

I'll be on the road much of Sunday so I thought I'd get a late Saturday night update in.

First, I transplanted the big Red Dragon clone that was cut back on April 25th. As I mentioned, I'm keeping it as a mother plant in case the RD is a winner:

Then my USB scope arrived, so I got some trichome pics (flip day 61) to test it out. Red Dragon first:

It's still drinking so it lives another week. Also, MrS chopped his last year on day 66, so there's time left on the clock by that count too.

Here is the Tin Can Kush:

I noticed a lot of aphids in various stages on some TCK leaves, and since @Carmen Ray was interested, I pulled one off to do a spray test and view the results using the new scope. I won't post any pics here (some folks are squeamish), but here's one if anyone is interested.

Anyway, in a completely unscientific test (because I only had one leaf) I sprayed it with my citric acid spray and waited until it was dry. Moving bugs.

Then I sprayed it with Safers Insect killing spray (potassium salts) and let it dry. Moving bugs.

Of course, by the time I hit it with the alcohol it had been sprayed with two other mixes, and the Safers had been sitting mixed in the sprayer for a month or so. I also didn't wait any longer than it took for the spray to dry. Maybe I'll bag a few leaves and save them for a better test...
That said, I'll be spraying both flowering plants down tomorrow morning with the iso spray. :thumb:

Early start tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. Have a great Sunday all!
You must know I sat up straight when I started reading about your bug killing tests! But then I was disappointed by your methodology. It was like our drunk test methodology when we were kids. My cousin and I would raid his father's bar and drink some scotch. If that didn't get us tipsy, we'd try some vodka. Still no luck, try a little gin. Whoa, the gin did the trick! :laughtwo:

Then my USB scope arrived, so I got some trichome pics (flip day 61) to test it out.
Nice trichome shots. :thumb: Your pics illustrate what I've often observed on my plants: There's plenty of amber heads, yet they are still clear. Used to be really confusing for me until I decided to mostly ignore the amber and just focus on whether they are cloudy vs clear. :Namaste:

iso will mess up anything with a soft body as soon as it hits it. the problem with iso is it actually has to hit the bug directly to have an effect. iso evaporates quickly, it's the evaporation that is deadly to the pests, but that also means it's window of effectiveness is fairly small.

iso also will not destroy the eggs. it'll get a few, but not enough to break the cycle, meaning treatment has to continue.

Ahoy there Shedster,
Tickled pink for your getting a scope.
LMK when you want me to size your lab coat. :love:

Back
Top Bottom