InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

If Shed doesn’t mind, can I put a call out for recommendations for a good tent?

I’m needing about 2x2’ and 5-6’ tall.

Any recommendations? Advice? Things to avoid? PM me if you don’t want to post it on the boards.

:love:
:Namaste:
You are going to be hard pressed to find a 2x2 tent that is above 4 feet tall Amy. I know I am catching up and probably late but generally if you want 5' of height, you will likely need to go up to a 3'x3' or a 2'x4'.

While Van is catching up on old posts, here's a lemon seed that was found sprouting inside a lemon last night...looks like a chicken breast or something:
View media item 1567632Not sure if the tip got cut off or it's just an incomplete sprout, but what the heck, let's give it a go...

Planted!
View media item 1567631
I may have mentioned before that I have 6 lemon trees that all were grown from seeds sprouting inside lemons. 4 of them are over 25 years old and two are only a few years. They take many years before they fruit but it's a fun thing to do!

So no ¼" mesh shaking? That's what I've seen in videos as well. I want to harvest the castings to use for top dressing rather than use the whole thing as potting soil.
That will work too! 1/4", 1/2" anything that will keep your larger chunks out. I have lots of 1/2" fencing from my outdoor garden and is what I will use.

Did you save your worm tea?

While Van is catching up on old posts, here's a lemon seed that was found sprouting inside a lemon last night...looks like a chicken breast or something:
View media item 1567632Not sure if the tip got cut off or it's just an incomplete sprout, but what the heck, let's give it a go...

Planted!
View media item 1567631
I may have mentioned before that I have 6 lemon trees that all were grown from seeds sprouting inside lemons. 4 of them are over 25 years old and two are only a few years. They take many years before they fruit but it's a fun thing to do!
I had a lemon tree I planted when I was stationed in Yuma Arizona. Damn thing never produced for me before I moved. I drove by the house a year later and the damn thing was producing hundreds of lemons. Guess I needed one more year there.

I have a dwarf lemon tree thats on its second year here. I bring it indoors in the winter where it struggles to be happy but it loves when I put it back outside in the late spring! Don't think I will get anything from it this year....hopefully next year!

Alright....all caught up again Shed. Hopefully now that trim prison is on a break and the outdoor garden is pretty much done, I will be able to stay caught up a bit better!

Nice work on your cloner Shed! I like it brother!

Hey shedster. You can always freeze a small water bottle for the tote also. Hope your weeks off to a good start dude

That will work too! 1/4", 1/2" anything that will keep your larger chunks out. I have lots of 1/2" fencing from my outdoor garden and is what I will use.
Did you save your worm tea?
Naw, the stuff that oozed out of the bottom was more rotting garbage than worm tea! Next weekend I'll grab some ¼ mesh and make a screen and see what I get.
I had a lemon tree I planted when I was stationed in Yuma Arizona. Damn thing never produced for me before I moved. I drove by the house a year later and the damn thing was producing hundreds of lemons. Guess I needed one more year there.
I have a dwarf lemon tree thats on its second year here. I bring it indoors in the winter where it struggles to be happy but it loves when I put it back outside in the late spring! Don't think I will get anything from it this year....hopefully next year!
Most store-bought trees are grafted and should produce fruit very soon after they're planted. Yours may have just needed some time to adjust to the transplant. I've never had luck with dwarf trees in pots, but my next door neighbor has a dwarf lemon in their front lawn that's doing well. Good luck with yours!
Alright....all caught up again Shed. Hopefully now that trim prison is on a break and the outdoor garden is pretty much done, I will be able to stay caught up a bit better!
Nice work on your cloner Shed! I like it brother!
Thanks VS! That cloner took more time to photograph and write up here than it did to build! And no matter how many times you say "trim prison" it will never lose the double entendre meaning to me!
Hey shedster. You can always freeze a small water bottle for the tote also. Hope your weeks off to a good start dude
Oh true. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow morning before I leave for work. :thanks:

You are going to be hard pressed to find a 2x2 tent that is above 4 feet tall Amy. I know I am catching up and probably late but generally if you want 5' of height, you will likely need to go up to a 3'x3' or a 2'x4'.
a 27 x 27 x 63 is as close as I know of... (Mars makes one)

Thansk Van. :)

Yeah actually the 2.5 x 2.5 x 5’ seems to be a standard size.

Still too short for my wants though hey. I couldn’t afford a Gorilla - they do an extension set to get extra height. Why are most small tents so short!!!? I guess there’s an assumption that small tents are for veg’ing or mothers or something. Not many manufacturers take a full grow in a small footprint into account. Man I have looked at a lot of tents recently!

Anyway I eventually settled on a Homebox (German brand). They have a 2.5 x 2.5 x 6’ so it’s gojng to be perfect. It also has white reflective coating on the inside and that appealed to me too (they call it PAR+). Along with my new, currently under construction, QB array, it’s going to be one bright, white 37.5 cu ft! :slide:

Man I’m happy I got the tent. And I made a contact with one of the main grow gear suppliers here in the process, so I’m happy about that too. :thumb:

Thansk Van. :)

Yeah actually the 2.5 x 2.5 x 5’ seems to be a standard size.

Still too short for my wants though hey. I couldn’t afford a Gorilla - they do an extension set to get extra height. Why are most small tents so short!!!? I guess there’s an assumption that small tents are for veg’ing or mothers or something. Not many manufacturers take a full grow in a small footprint into account. Man I have looked at a lot of tents recently!

Anyway I eventually settled on a Homebox (German brand). They have a 2.5 x 2.5 x 6’ so it’s gojng to be perfect. It also has white reflective coating on the inside and that appealed to me too (they call it PAR+). Along with my new, currently under construction, QB array, it’s going to be one bright, white 37.5 cu ft! :slide:

Man I’m happy I got the tent. And I made a contact with one of the main grow gear suppliers here in the process, so I’m happy about that too. :thumb:

Not to mention your promise to drop a link to the build journal here ;).

It’s coming... I’m putting off the journal until I drop the seed, to give myself a better break. But the light build will be the first feature of the journal you can be sure ;) Mid July is the time - along with the new moon. I will try not to mention it again until then
:rollit:

Here is the link I got a lot of info from. Your cloner looks great, it will kick butt. Remember water to start, they have no roots so no nutes. When you see roots 1/2" long then you can start with a very mild nute mix. Make sure there is P in the beginning, it helps make roots.

Here is the link I got a lot of info from. Your cloner looks great, it will kick butt. Remember water to start, they have no roots so no nutes. When you see roots 1/2" long then you can start with a very mild nute mix. Make sure there is P in the beginning, it helps make roots.
Thanks JM! I actually watched some of that video last year when the idea of building this first came up, but now that I've built it I will watch it all the way through.

Only things I have with just P are Terpinator and Armor Si (both 0-0-4). I can always just throw in some TigerBloom and have a bit of everything.

[edit: oops, those 0-0-4 number have no P, just K...never mind :oops:]

Thanks JM! I actually watched some of that video last year when the idea of building this first came up, but now that I've built it I will watch it all the way through.

Only things I have with just P are Terpinator and Armor Si (both 0-0-4). I can always just throw in some TigerBloom and have a bit of everything.
A bit of everything won't hurt. Just make sure nitrogen is at a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom