InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Aero is actually just another form of hydro, You could even flower a plant in that cloner,, if you wanted. The small reservoir would be the problem. I think aero or foggers are some of the fastest growing system I've ever used.

Are you going to stay with hydro till the end or switch to soil after rooting? If switching there will be a bit of shock to the plants getting acclimated to soil, just so you know. In this type system they make water roots not soil roots.

I'll be going to soil. Is there something to feed them to help them through the shock? Or just wait for them to recover?

You could use great white to help roots. But I think no matter what they will take a few days to recover from shock. But it s never more than a week from all I ve seen for a small plant

Bout the only way you can do a good hydro grow outdoors is aquaponics or a large res with a 3/4 HP chiller running in it. If someone had the space and afew extra bucks, that aquaponics is hella cool. That is if you like fish to eat too. The only reason aquaponics works is the size of the tank. And the monster airflow from the bubblers in there. But I really don't think that wood work very well for pot, pot like nutrients. This system recirculates water to the fish tank. I've not done alot of reading about it,, but they say the food values of the fish water will support some crops. And fresh fish to boot. I don't like most'''''' fish myself,, cept catching them.

Yea any system that doesn't use soil is a hydro. The first hydro I ever did was a 5 gallon water bottle full of pea gravel from with a towel hanging out thru a hole in the bottom. Hang it in some feeding solution, it wicks it up to the root zone and done. The simplest system there is. Back then was alot of info around. You had to get it from a library. Anyone remember them anymore? Libray cards and reading books.. I was lucky back then, 1974, that I got taken under wing' as far as growing, by this I'll just say'' Old Hippy down around Venice Beach

Shed your going to love that thing. One of the big problems with them are,, you may end up with to many plants. But it's nice to be able to save the genetics instead of saying I wish I still had it. Or try to refind the plant. Another great thing is if you do a cut all the same plant, the grow you get is the most uniform canopy and being the same, they also feed the same flower and behave the same, well they are the same...........

As @flashmp3 said Great White or anything with root stimulators in it. This is not something I have done, but if I was to do it. I would only run the plants in that stuff for 24 hours then plant in the soil. Then you will need to drain and clean the cloner.

For sure Flash. the best time to inoculate them is as they come out the cloner. Thoroughly wet your soil with comparable temp water, I use Mykos but pretty much the same as Great White, after I make the hole I sprinkle alittle around to make good root contact. you can mist the roots with it too at transplant. I don't know about in the cloner... Only cus I haven't ever tried it. I'd worry about it clogging up the spray nozzles.

Is what they call shock or stress tonics like Superthrive, or Thrive Alive but a lite dose of B-1 works great. Liquinox is a good one. Good stuff to have on hand. It can even be used as a cloning solution and been around forever. BTW did you use a cloning solution/gels?

Shed your going to love that thing. One of the big problems with them are,, you may end up with to many plants. But it's nice to be able to save the genetics instead of saying I wish I still had it. Or try to refind the plant. Another great thing is if you do a cut all the same plant, the grow you get is the most uniform canopy and being the same, they also feed the same flower and behave the same, well they are the same...........
I'm cloning these because I don't know whether they're something I'm going to want to keep around, so better safe than sorry! The 420 Gold Leaf was a clone gift from another grower and the Sour G was a seed from Rooster Farms. If they're great, they can live on. If not, I can always give them away or toss them in the green bin if I can't find any takers.
For sure Flash. the best time to inoculate them is as they come out the cloner. Thoroughly wet your soil with comparable temp water, I use Mykos but pretty much the same as Great White, after I make the hole I sprinkle alittle around to make good root contact. you can mist the roots with it too at transplant. I don't know about in the cloner... Only cus I haven't ever tried it. I'd worry about it clogging up the spray nozzles.
Is what they call shock or stress tonics like Superthrive, or Thrive Alive but a lite dose of B-1 works great. Liquinox is a good one. Good stuff to have on hand. It can even be used as a cloning solution and been around forever. BTW did you use a cloning solution/gels?
As @flashmp3 said Great White or anything with root stimulators in it. This is not something I have done, but if I was to do it. I would only run the plants in that stuff for 24 hours then plant in the soil. Then you will need to drain and clean the cloner.
I think flash meant Great White in the soil rather than the bucket. I ran out of Mykos so I'll probably just add GW to the water along with some Big Bloom (0 - 0.5 - 0.7) when I put them in soil.

I didn't put any clonex gel on the Sour Gs when they went into the bucket but I did put some on originally when I put them into the clone box in soil. I painted some on the Gold Leaf though since that was the only new cutting going in.

You don't need cloning shit. Tho I use it. But I know some that use plain water. You can always make your own. Willow water. They say works. Made from tip of willow tree seeped in water.
I hear, on the numbers, I always end up giving away more than I use.

You don't need cloning shit. Tho I use it. But I know some that use plain water. You can always make your own. Willow water. They say works. Made from tip of willow tree seeped in water.
I hear, on the numbers, I always end up giving away more than I use.
Thanks Norcali, I'll head on down to the world famous Los Angeles Willow Tree and ask the guards if I can take a snip ;).

Back
Top Bottom