InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Oooh Candida party! :party: Here they come! :bravo:

Sorry I'm back-tracking a bit (regarding Monday's posts), just catching up here, and wanted to ask about the Candidas. What makes them so popular? It seems like a difficult plant to grow, but Candida is the most mentioned CBD strain on the forum here (at least the threads I'm following). I plan to try my first CBD strain this spring: Lemon Potion (an auto from Barneys Farms). Just curious if I should have considered Candida instead. :hmmmm:

Hey beez - i’ll echo what Shed said and add this. I chose it becasue of the levels Shed mentioned and also becasue it’s stable. Been tested consistently for a few years now.

On the growing - some folks, like Chris Scorpio, have no trouble with it, He grows indoors.

From growing it only once outdoors I am wondering if indoor mightn’t be better. It seems very sensitive to environmental changes/ BUt that said, when the environment is settled, this plant rocks. It also seems much less persnickety now that its in flower, and newty found that as well I think.

I’ll only grow it outside again if I have a shelter for it with translucent cover to ease the sun intensity on the leaves (which it really didn’t like - very differently to the other plants). If I cant protect it outside, i’ll Leave it for inside growing. I think it would absolutely LOVE the Quantum Boards.

Last year I grew a 2:1 CBD strain outside and it has done me very well. I’m sure the Lemon Potion will be great for you. It sounds really nice actually!

Did you grow the AC/DC plant? I was looking at that strain. How does it grow and have you smoked any?

I love the ACDC I grew, so yes..lol

Problem was I seeded one, and let all 3 probably go too long so the CBD level wasn't as high as I had hoped

The ACDC and Candida are both great meds
No real THC high

I'm testing both now for sleeping help

I have only grown both inside and no issues at all.
I know some have had issues outside, but, I've not seen that, but can imagine any strain reacting different indoors and outdoor

Love them both

Looking lovely Shed. Hope you're doing well today
Thank you Professor! All is well here...sun came out about 20 mins after my update :).
Clones are a breeze! Awesome Shed. The tent looks super. We need to buy u a retractable roof so you can relax on carrying pots!
Thanks for checking in Lowded. Gotta keep the roof on...plant moving is the only exercise I get!
Looking great Shed
Thanks dynamo!
Looking super Shed. :meditate:
I'm working on it PW, I'm working on it. :thanks:
They should give you some stretch of you remember once they go they go .
Probably more than I need. :eek:
Yeah I've been thinking of a propeller mixer instead. Could use one of those to mix plate fix with a cheap screwdriver and a timer. :)
If you expose more surface to air, pH is gonna rise. It's gonna rise anyway with time though.
Beautiful update Shed, you are doing a great job!
Thank you kindly MoN!
Yeah, I was out of commission most of last week, but I'm all caught up now, so.... Nice Saturday morning Update!
Since I've already got the Lemon Potion, I'm gonna give that a go first, but I do indeed like the idea of custom blending (or not) of the pure CBD Candida. Maybe I'll get that in house for the next grow season. Thanks!
Oh definitely grow the LP (like Amy said...2:1 can offer a lot of benefits). I'm pretty set on putting that one in soil toward the end of the year.
Hey Shed is there a reason you don't trim all the leaves when making clones?
I just trimmed the ones that were sticking out beyond the cup because they get in the way of putting the domes on. Otherwise I'm not convinced it makes a difference.
Oooh Candida party! Here they come!
Hey beez - i’ll echo what Shed said and add this. I chose it becasue of the levels Shed mentioned and also becasue it’s stable. Been tested consistently for a few years now.
On the growing - some folks, like Chris Scorpio, have no trouble with it, He grows indoors.
From growing it only once outdoors I am wondering if indoor mightn’t be better. It seems very sensitive to environmental changes/ BUt that said, when the environment is settled, this plant rocks. It also seems much less persnickety now that its in flower, and newty found that as well I think.
I’ll only grow it outside again if I have a shelter for it with translucent cover to ease the sun intensity on the leaves (which it really didn’t like - very differently to the other plants). If I cant protect it outside, i’ll Leave it for inside growing. I think it would absolutely LOVE the Quantum Boards.
Last year I grew a 2:1 CBD strain outside and it has done me very well. I’m sure the Lemon Potion will be great for you. It sounds really nice actually!
I think newty and Prestons' (both indoors) got much happier in flower than in veg, though you and I have the outside challenges as well. Everything is harder outdoors! I have to say that mine haven't seemed wilty in the sun since I took your advice about keeping them wetter than normal. Now I'm just fighting the thrips...more neem today. Castille soap on the big three.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to @Archiweedies for asking me if the Peyote Critical was ripe! I've been in denial about the obvious fade on the plant because I so so wanted them to bulk up, but I'm seeing some amber on the sugar leaves so the end is coming. I'll get some pics later today or tomorrow, because it's nap time! :yahoo:

Thanks all for stopping by! :green_heart:

I think newty and Prestons' (both indoors) got much happier in flower than in veg
Yeah... mine stalled up really bad with each topping; I wasn't expecting much when I flipped. But, she shot up like a rocket about 2 weeks into flower.

My biggest issue was yield. I think i cut around 2 weeks too early. I thought she was more done than she actually was. I kept reading about how CBD plants should harvest early to prevent the degradation of CBD. I got in my own head and cut early.... again. LoL

Still really flippin' happy with how she turned out and now I have a much better idea of how to grow the next one.

Always give them at least another week when you decide their finished.
I thought I had pushed this recent Critical Plus a bit too far because she was spitting nanners toward the end... Nope! It's the best overall bunch of buds to date.
Smells are stronger, the buds are rock hard. I was able to stretch out my drying process, much longer.

After seeing the difference, I'm certain I will be more patient from now on.
:thumb:

I’ve lived by that chart for quite awhile now and it’s pure gold!
Love that chart! Pennys been peddling it for awhile for good reason!
Clones are a breeze! Awesome Shed. The tent looks super. We need to buy u a retractable roof so you can relax on carrying pots!
I was totally daydreaming up ways to do this very thing! More to keep street lights and my outdoor lighting from hitting my plants outside.

If you expose more surface to air, pH is gonna rise. It's gonna rise anyway with time though.

Now I think you jump in to conclusions. I will bet you will not see that fast pH raise as in an airstone with a prop. The mixer is underwater and don't mix in any outside Co2 or o2. I'm aware of the gas layer in a liquid. You will see even more migration of o2 in a pressurized condition like in a hydrofor, don't know your word for it.

Castille soap
Huh? What’s this?
Special thanks to @Archiweedies for asking me if the Peyote Critical was ripe!

Oh no worries on the amber alert reminder man :high-five:
My angle is purely for science!
Seriously, I’m wondering if the plant will ripen despite the challenges with weather it had.

Edit: I know it will ripen, but will it ripen in the time the breeder says?

Like you and Amy, I will be growing outdoors as well. Regarding the Lemon Potion I'll be interested to see how an auto (first time for me) and CBD (first time for me) will perform. I know not to expect the size and yield that I got from the photos I ran last year, but still hopeful for success. :nervous-guy:
I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping at least one CBD plant in the rotation from now on. This is such a great place to get valuable first hand inputs from so many different environments and growing conditions. :high-five:
The CBD Dream is pretty good. Put thT one on your CBD grow list.
I'll be sure to look into that one as well. I also saw Dinamed CBD Plus on the Seedsman site that looks like it could be a good outdoor strain to try. :)

Back
Top Bottom