InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Jason Bateman's series? Watched parts of a few episodes but I don't do angsty well.

----------------------------------------------

Speaking of oil spray, let's take a look at what they do to pistils beyond whether they work. Herewith is the Friday update, one week into sheltering in place...

As I mentioned before, I had been mixing my Dr Bronners unscented castille soap spray below the recommended dilution, so I mixed up a new batch at 4Tbs/gallon and ran a test on some lower pistils of the Fruit Punch, as well as a PM leaf.

Here are the pistils before spraying:

I let them dry in the shade before exposing them to the sun.

And here they are a day later:

I sprayed them pretty heavily, and you can definitely see some browning happening on some tips. I'm sticking with the milk for now but I'll spray that bud again when it has trichomes for another test.

It was also AF-47 transplant day! Here they are on day 23:

Roots pics (how dry my hands look is evidence of how much I take the hand washing seriously):

And here they are happy in their new homes. They got watered with 3g/gallon MC (which is just 4.75g/gallon mix cut with another 50% water):

Tomorrow is post stretch thinning day for at least the FP and maybe the GT as well. We'll see!

:surf:
Nice looking fish bone roots . Nice job buddy

Also almost entirely oil, and a heck of a lot cheaper than AgroMagen or Green Cleaner. If you're going to go with an oil spray, I still recommend Dr Bronner's. And you get the label to read as a bonus...ALL-ONE!

I was battling PM before I got hemp mites ffs. Shesh that was shit show. The plants that I didn't burn ... wait I burned them all. lol
Anyways I use Bronners in all my sprays for everything. Ever since I started adding in say a tsp to 1/2gal water and spray everything top to btm btm to top with or without other goodies I haven't seen any PM for weeks now.

When I had it on plants the only thing that really worked was H2o2 diluted with water every other day and that got old.. started adding in Bronners soap with my IPM and I haven't seen any PM or Hemp Mites for a while now.

Now it didn't get rid of the hemp mites tho but it helped with my other treatments which are spinosad and Takedown every other spray. Only thing that really worked on Hemp mites was fire in the hole... burn burn burn.

I thought I could beat them.... nope, well without fire nope. With fire - gone then takedown and spinosad to be sure I'm sure.

PM sucks and is difficult to get rid of.

Another thing is UV-C light but its bad for you eyes. I did shine one around my grow room only need like a few seconds of exposure. UV-C actually will kill covid-19 virus too so can use it on your packages or food you bring in from outside. Thats how they sanitize hospitals. It kills mold/mold spores (including PM), bacteria and viruses. Also will make you blind so wear protection.

Jason Bateman's series? Watched parts of a few episodes but I don't do angsty well.

----------------------------------------------

Speaking of oil spray, let's take a look at what they do to pistils beyond whether they work. Herewith is the Friday update, one week into sheltering in place...

As I mentioned before, I had been mixing my Dr Bronners unscented castille soap spray below the recommended dilution, so I mixed up a new batch at 4Tbs/gallon and ran a test on some lower pistils of the Fruit Punch, as well as a PM leaf.

Here are the pistils before spraying:

I let them dry in the shade before exposing them to the sun.

And here they are a day later:

I sprayed them pretty heavily, and you can definitely see some browning happening on some tips. I'm sticking with the milk for now but I'll spray that bud again when it has trichomes for another test.

It was also AF-47 transplant day! Here they are on day 23:

Roots pics (how dry my hands look is evidence of how much I take the hand washing seriously):

And here they are happy in their new homes. They got watered with 3g/gallon MC (which is just 4.75g/gallon mix cut with another 50% water):

Tomorrow is post stretch thinning day for at least the FP and maybe the GT as well. We'll see!

:surf:

Hello Shed. I use see through cups as well, I was wondering, when you water do you water until all the soil is moist in the cup. I water until it come out the bottom, but the soil is not completely moist. Is that wrong?:nervous-guy:

It would be hard to see yellowing between my veins now since I keep falling asleep in the sun!

-------------------------------------

Saturday post-flip thinning update! I didn't bother with before and after pics because it would be hard to see the difference, as you can tell from what came off of the Fruit Punch:

...and what came off of the Golden Tiger:

...both on flip day 27. I did also take a few fans covering buds close to the canopy.

Because this is my first time with both strains I went a bit easier on the thinning, but I did take off all the little bits that I really don't want to bother with (with which I don't want to bother). Next time through I'll have a better idea of how it flowers so I can take a heavier touch if I need to.

I also cut back the clone mothers but you don't need to see pics of that again, so how about a butterfly resting on the Fruit Punch?

And how about some FP frost?

And finally, the tent:

It's still much too cold at night for them to spread out in the shed, so they remain smooshed and damp in the tent. I wonder if I put a closed dog-food tin of boiling water in the tent with a fan on it if it would keep the temps in the 60s at night. :hmmmm:

Anyway, that's it for me today. We're going to pick up food from our favorite restaurant in Chinatown tonight to make sure our faves stay in business while we're shut in. I hope you can do the same.

Stay well all!

Shed it's not time for me to thin plants yet and when the time come I'm going to give it a try. In the pictures above it looks like you trim the top of flowering buds is that how you thin out the plants? I'll be training one or the other of twinline , quadline or mainline this time around, looking forward to it.

Sorry I didn't have a chance to get back here yesterday, so I've got a lot of journals to get to today. Please bear with me!

you could stick a few bricks in the oven for a few hours,then (get out your oven mitts) and stick them in the tent-they'd at least keep it warmer for 5 or 6 hours...
Seems like a lot of trouble though...although you'd have to boil that water anyway....
I don't think a few bricks would be enough to keep the shed warm overnight, but I'm glad you were toasty in your sleeping bag. :)
One of my favorites closed already. Sucks one of the best. Hope they reopen once things straighten out.
That sucks Derby! I hope they come back to life when we're out and about again.
Newty was successful using a bucket of hot water so you should be good.
Thanks otter!
Strange Brew
Ahhh Bob and Doug McKenzie! Never saw it but I'm not sure I could watch a whole movie of them. Has it aged well?
I don’t think that will be enough volume of water to stay hot for long.
I was thinking a 5 gallon tin.
It will add humidity too, unless it has a lid.
I did say "closed." ;)
Nice looking fish bone roots . Nice job buddy
Thanks Joe, and thanks for stopping by! :ciao:
Another thing is UV-C light but its bad for you eyes.
Interesting approach but well beyond what I'll be attempting!
I got hemp mites
Oof! Dunno what works for hemp mites besides fire and maybe bleach. Luckily most folks just end up with spider mites.
Hello Shed. I use see through cups as well, I was wondering, when you water do you water until all the soil is moist in the cup. I water until it come out the bottom, but the soil is not completely moist. Is that wrong?:nervous-guy:
As long as there are visible roots, I water my solo cups to runoff, and that leaves them moist from top to bottom. If yours runs off too fast, keep it in the solid cup for a few minutes while the water gets absorbed and then let it run off.
In the pictures above it looks like you trim the top of flowering buds is that how you thin out the plants
Sorry, not the top buds! All those little buds I took were growing well below the canopy or down the stems that do make it to the top. There are lots of approaches to thinning (both pre-flip and post-stretch) so do a lot of research and check youtube videos to see which ones you like.

My philosophy with thinning it that you never want to be able to see the pot from above when you're done, and I don't want to have any larfy lower buds when I harvest. I try to only keep the flowers that are stacking on the ends of the branches.
It's even so good we use it as a security barrier for germs and viruses at the water plant I work. Think the supplier claimed it to be 99,99% effective.
99.99% effective is good for a water plant. I'll pass on installing it in my backyard :).

Sorry I didn't have a chance to get back here yesterday, so I've got a lot of journals to get to today. Please bear with me!

I don't think a few bricks would be enough to keep the shed warm overnight, but I'm glad you were toasty in your sleeping bag. :)

That sucks Derby! I hope they come back to life when we're out and about again.

Thanks otter!

Ahhh Bob and Doug McKenzie! Never saw it but I'm not sure I could watch a whole movie of them. Has it aged well?

I was thinking a 5 gallon tin.

I did say "closed." ;)

Thanks Joe, and thanks for stopping by! :ciao:

Interesting approach but well beyond what I'll be attempting!

Oof! Dunno what works for hemp mites besides fire and maybe bleach. Luckily most folks just end up with spider mites.

As long as there are visible roots, I water my solo cups to runoff, and that leaves them moist from top to bottom. If yours runs off too fast, keep it in the solid cup for a few minutes while the water gets absorbed and then let it run off.

Sorry, not the top buds! All those little buds I took were growing well below the canopy or down the stems that do make it to the top. There are lots of approaches to thinning (both pre-flip and post-stretch) so do a lot of research and check youtube videos to see which ones you like.

My philosophy with thinning it that you never want to be able to see the pot from above when you're done, and I don't want to have any larfy lower buds when I harvest. I try to only keep the flowers that are stacking on the ends of the branches.

99.99% effective is good for a water plant. I'll pass on installing it in my backyard :).

:thanks:

Monday IIP harvest on flip day 70 update!

It's It Punch came down today, finishing the "Can I just stick this Big Gulp cup in the closet at night?" grow, despite the disapproval of @Baron Von Blurple.

The answer is yes!

Final moments before the wash:

The roots did fill in the new ProMix HP at the bottom:

Washed and dried and ready for trimming:

Trimmed and hung:

Last night with the sun behind the biggest remaining fan leaf:

In other news, the AF-47's began their LST yesterday (day 26):

And got tied down a little further today. There is no reason to rush the bending and chance breaking the stem!

We're all doing fine here. My daughter started her spring quarter today sitting in her bedroom, and my son is supposed to be doing classwork at home, but that's an iffy proposition...oof!

Stay safe and stay sane all. :ciao:

I like your purdy reddish leaf. :bravo:

Nice harvest,Shed !
Great no-kink bending on the AF-47's also :welldone:

Great pic of when you actually start the training.
Thank you MrS! I try to find good angles for pics to add to the LST thread.
I like your purdy reddish leaf.
My son's idea actually but he couldn't be bothered to actually take the pic ;).
Nice harvest,Shed !
Great no-kink bending on the AF-47's also :welldone:
Thank you carcass! I feel obligated to show off best practices for LST don't cha know :).
Interesting harvest there, ITS, thanks for proving that, yes it can be done. Grow brother, grow.
:ciao: oops! Long time no see. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday IIP harvest on flip day 70 update!

It's It Punch came down today, finishing the "Can I just stick this Big Gulp cup in the closet at night?" grow, despite the disapproval of @Baron Von Blurple.

The answer is yes!

Final moments before the wash:

The roots did fill in the new ProMix HP at the bottom:

Washed and dried and ready for trimming:

Trimmed and hung:

Last night with the sun behind the biggest remaining fan leaf:

In other news, the AF-47's began their LST yesterday (day 26):

And got tied down a little further today. There is no reason to rush the bending and chance breaking the stem!

We're all doing fine here. My daughter started her spring quarter today sitting in her bedroom, and my son is supposed to be doing classwork at home, but that's an iffy proposition...oof!

Stay safe and stay sane all. :ciao:
Perhaps a dixie cup next ....for the micro dojo!
Just make sure its some real lanky Sativa.
:morenutes:

Got to admit....it did do better than I thought it would.

Nice update, ITS! Love the purpleish-yellowish-reddish IIP leaf pic. Great job with lst. Did you start as soon as you wanted to? Are they your summer outside grow? I just dropped seeds today for summer grow.
Oh, yeah, I also liked the experiment with two cups together to lengthen out the roots. Cheers

Hello Shed, I like the idea of your dry box. I'm going to give it a try when it is time. And, I like the color of your Punch leaf. I have been trying to figure out what colors I want to paint my bathroom and I like the color pattern on the P leaf. I'm considering using those colors. Happy harvesting. :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom