Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Alright, so that cab isn't finished by a longshot, we know this, but, at least I finally have a shot of the lights hanging and working. Still need to seal up light leaks, and get the irrigation in, but at least the cab is built and in place (hardest part considering the immense size).

Next is showing some work inside, reflective material, irrigation, my ingenious new method for hanging things from the ceiling... You're gonna love it. We will soon kick the grow off, and will be growing - - - - -

Harlequin

While there seems to be an ongoing debate within the cultivation community over which strain, Indica or Sativa, has the natural ability to produce the greatest amount of CBD (Cannabidiol). One things for certain – the Harlequin strain produces one of the highest naturally occurring levels of CBD currently available at dispensaries today. A Sativa dominant hybrid, Harlequin is comprised of 25% Indica and 75% Sativa. Great for the truly ill, who seek to avoid the psychoactive nature of THC, while benefiting from one of the highest CBD percentages available on the market today.

Basic Info: Harlequin is no clown – though she is a clone. With a genetic lineage reaching back to the heyday of heirloom marijuana strains. A day when Thai Stick and Colombian Gold reigned supreme, and THC levels hovered in the low teens; this modern-day miracle plant is now highly sought after by those in search of the miracle cannabinoid – CBD. While famously low in THC, Harlequin is equally famous for consistently producing buds ranging between 4% – 7% in cannabidiol.

Affect: Bear in mind – this is not the strain for you if you’re just looking to get high. However for the sick and suffering, this strain is a lifesaver. Great for for those that suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder,social anxiety or chronic discomfort.

Scent: While in the final stages of development – as the nearly mature buds hang from her elongated branches – Harlequin's aroma is evocative of a pungent tropical feast. Complete with a mango / pineapple potpourri, the terpenes alone seem to have a sedative affect all on their own.

Growth and Seed Info: The ever elusive Harlequin strain is famous for being a trichome drenched, fast flowering master of the indoor-hydroponic cultivation set. Contrary to most strains, the active cannabinoid sought in Harlequin begins to diminish towards the end of its flowering cycle – where most plants would increase their cannabinoid percentages. The difference of just two short weeks can mean a reduced CBD percentage of between 2% – 4%.

Tidbits: A medium yield producer, Harlequin plants at full expression tend to fall and drape themselves. As a matter of precaution, many cultivators choose to support them with either a string grid – or simple bamboo stakes.

With the strain characteristics in mind, long, thin Kolas that tend to drape, I think this would be the perfect candidate for the "Budstick" or "Weedcicle" type/style of growing, supported by a net. As a first test, The Sea of Green, will give more subjects to study, and compare to gather better data than a single plant, with which things can go wrong. At least with SoG, there are others to look at as well, and study.

Until next time.

Sick Ass Cab!!!!! :thumb::drool:Reps plus hella!
Much appreciated, 2Js. It still cold over there? We're heating up further up river from you- about 80 deg today, I think.

Mr Nice here, Jandre2k3's local sidekick, at your scientific service. I took the photos above and helped with the construction of MK3 (Mark3/Medicine Kabinet 3). I will be flowering the HPS portion of this experiment in MK2, my new flower box, which has the same dimensions as MK3. Glad to meet you all.
Mr. Nice! Glad you finally decided to say something! I was beginning to think you were going to be a SILENT PARTNER! At least that's what was discussed. :rofl: I kid, of course.

Everyone, please meet "the Firend" from my MK2 thread.

Very nice craftsmanship there guy. Welcome aboard.
Yeah, he's been here all along, just lurking and taking mad pics. He helped me out a LOT today getting this monstrosity into place. We both are paying for it now with hurt backs, and sore muscles. Glad we grow our own medicine!

Thank you CalyxHunter, I needed to :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb: sorry, but that's my chair! lol

GREAT Journal jandre :thumb:
Hey, thanks trichomes! @Calyx Hunter was actually the first person in! I hadn't even posted links to this thread form my other threads and he found it and subbed up... so yeah, front seat he gets! :cheesygrinsmiley: You may have the one beside him, if you like, no one has claimed that one. Everyone else seems to be hanging back and taking notes in the darker parts of the lecture hall. Fucking stoners!! ALL OF YOU!

Much appreciated, 2Js. It still cold over there? We're heating up further up river from you- about 80 deg today, I think.

No, we are in a heat wave 10 day forecast is sunny 70's, no possibility of rain till the end of ten days, and that's just a 30% chance. Its given me a chance to plant tomatoes, strawberries, a zuch, and also transplanted a few comfrey, chamomile, roses,and borage. Heading to Petaluma tomorrow for some heirloom non gmo watermelon seeds. Its gonna be a sweet day.
:smokin:

Hurray for non gmo. Sadly so many people dont even know what a gmo is

Very nice cabinet build Jandre!!! Can't wait to see it with all the finishing touches!!! I love DIY projects!

im gonna have to build me a little one too for my feminized seed project
in the near future

Everyone else seems to be hanging back and taking notes in the darker parts of the lecture hall. Fucking stoners!! ALL OF YOU!

Never made it to the lecture, I caught a few words here and there when the lecture hall doors opened but me an the crew were doing "buzzbee" on the lawn...

Don't harsh my mellow man :cheesygrinsmiley:

im gonna have to build me a little one too for my feminized seed project
in the near future
This? This is no small box... I can stand in this box...

Never made it to the lecture, I caught a few words here and there when the lecture hall doors opened but me an the crew were doing "buzzbee" on the lawn...

Don't harsh my mellow man :cheesygrinsmiley:
Well?? Don't be shy... Share with the rest of the class, man!

Well?? Don't be shy... Share with the rest of the class, man!

Oh that is the purpose of the buzzbee, here is mine, Catch!

(I was gonna post images but you want this clean so go over to my journal to catch...)

This? This is no small box... I can stand in this box...

yea yours is huge, im gonna make a little one tho maybe 4 ft long 18 inches deep and maybe 3 ft high

edit

actually if I can find a cardboard box big enough im just gonna put a 1x2 stick frame in it for ridgidity and to hold the lights, its not anything I mean to keep for a very long period and easily replaceable, movable

actually if I can find a cardboard box big enough im just gonna put a 1x2 stick frame in it for ridgidity and to hold the lights, its not anything I mean to keep for a very long period and easily replaceable, movable

One of those large cardboard wardrobe moving boxes might work out for you, or any large appliance box that you might come across.

yea yours is huge, im gonna make a little one tho maybe 4 ft long 18 inches deep and maybe 3 ft high

edit

My Cardboard Flower Box lasted 3 years.

i think that's where it sparked an idea your cardboard flower box
and i used one for a male plant so i could get it to flower and collect the pollen
standing up though

oh my purp bro that is a fine diy cab,most proud of it you should be! hey if i can build it cheaper than i can buy it i will!!
i covet the harlequin from my very core ! i must get some i have had 1 bud in my life and it was the best i have felt since this disability gripped me so many years ago,and a dear friend is fighting cancer i want to make rso with harlequin for her and dear old mum and of course myself, but others come first in my world, that is a goal this year "acquire a good high cbd strain" if i have to drive to your house i will hehe , well im excited to see the rest of this build and the impending grow :rocker:

oh my purp bro that is a fine diy cab,most proud of it you should be! hey if i can build it cheaper than i can buy it i will!!
i covet the harlequin from my very core ! i must get some i have had 1 bud in my life and it was the best i have felt since this disability gripped me so many years ago,and a dear friend is fighting cancer i want to make rso with harlequin for her and dear old mum and of course myself, but others come first in my world, that is a goal this year "acquire a good high cbd strain" if i have to drive to your house i will hehe , well im excited to see the rest of this build and the impending grow :rocker:

For me it wasn't "less expensive" it was "the right look and the right size" I've spent over $250 on raw materials, so far on this box, but I am glad to do it for something that more exactly fits my needs rather than settle for a tent with standard dimensions and will suffer from "tent suck". Besides, this is "mine" and will no one else has one exactly like it. MK2 is close, but MK3 is the beast for my room.

If you can make the drive, you know where I am, and you know you're always welcome.

The initial invest sucks to eat that cost but it will pay dividends for you

Back
Top Bottom