JBC's Super Soil - Fully Organic 4x Blue Mystic + 1x CH9 Jack FEMS

HMmmmmmmmmmm, loving the knowledge today. This truly is a weed college!! Thanks Jon and Cultivator, I learn lot from you guys.

Right Cultivator, i'l do a coco grow very soon just for you mate just to show it was only when I followed my mates advice with a complete different setup I failed. I treated coco like soil and got great results massive roots fast flowering! But as I messed up treating it like hydro I thought if its a sort of soil, why not just do Organic soil.

But i'l do another to see myself. Plus I do miss the pHing a bit an mixing nutes. I love it allll :)

Hhaha i'l have to give it a try soon, just going to see how I like organics first as they are really interesting and quite easy once setup.

Just posted this about Defoil in FAQ but wanted to see what you guys think as not all look at that section.

This is one method I do but not on a MASSIVE scale, but seeing it go down more and more now and some plants I see are just left with nothing on and look quite week and sorry for themselves. I just want to see what everyone else thinks on this.

Right so, when we grow inside our light doesnt move across the tent like the sun in the sky, so we have to trim here and there to expose bud sites. I have been using this method for a few years now and defo see the bud sites benefit from direct light!!

But on the plants side, these are its main solar panels and main source of light uptake and we put loads of light in our tents to maximize the size of our plants. This light needs pan leafs to catch and take into the plant.

IMO if the plant is small and young like yours there is no need for defoil as they are its life lines at that point and all our reflective materiel cover most of the plant anyway as we trap our light inside boxes and bounce it everywhere. I know when you got a mad bushy plant , you NEED to strip it qiute a lot to expose these bud sites. But on the same hand the plant still needs these for its own health or it wouldn't produce them.

I mean plants were doing just fine for billions of years before we messed with them. Now they are actually struggling in our human built world.

My point is, I defoil when they are bushy and I want light penetration but I think this whole defoil method is going just a little too far maybe and people aren't fully understanding it. Like if you was meaning to expose your bottom branches then wouldn't it be the top pans you would remove to let light in , not the bottom ones which are just passing nutes and energy.

Yes they bounce back and the small bud leaves do become sort of pan leaves again. But isnt that just the plant repairing itself and replacing what it actually needs, which is some decent size solar panels and places to pick and pass nutes.

Not slating defoil methods as I do it indoors and a little outdoors, but I still think you can take too much and actually slow the plant not benefit it. IMO anyway , what does everyone else think??

hey lad nice pics keep em coming!
as for the defoil method i think that the benefits are strain dependent!
if im growing a strain for the first time then i go easy on it and just remove the fat sun leaves that are shading
the lower buds in the 3rd and 5th week of flower! on the sativa dom strains i dont evan bother!
I think wot some people fail to realise is that the light can penatrate the leaves to reach the buds they are shading!
If this wasnt the case then millions of years of evolution would have played its part and then probably the plants wouldnt
grow leaves that shade there flowers! just my take on it. atb with the rest...peace...

Them young uns are lookin healthy as bro

Cheers mate :) Good to see ya!

Hope I can keep it this way. I re-potted today into 4x 2 gallon pots and 2x smart pots for the smaller ones to catch up. I'l get some pictures tomorrow. Lets see how this super soil sits. Hope it good.

Hey Herbilaizor, Cultivator and vick,
Thanks for input. Same as I think really. It is needed indoors but not on a silly scale. Bud light to buds does make them bigger. I know this from experience.

Ok i'l get some pictures tomorrow or maybe tuesday of the progress.

Ok here we are 16 days from Germination !!

For me thats some growth from the glass of water 16 days ago :) Quite happy with the progress and finally in their main pots.

Will wait a week maybe tops before topping them for LST. I wont do any defoil until They have been topped and LST'nd. I will be LST the canopy to a king of scrog without the net as I have six and can fill the tent hopefully. Need to buy a clip on fan to canopy a blast when there is a sea of green.

DSCN07028.JPG

DSCN07014.JPG

DSCN07006.JPG

Still feeding plain water and will continue to as the soil has everything they need. They seem happy with that :)

hey jb looking great! how long are you planning on veggin before putting them outside?

Hi deception, they arent going outside. Was thinking one maybe but its way too cold out and its not nearly spring yet. I'l keep them under my wing for now :)

Nice deal! I'm thinking of trying a similar supersoil type method with an Old Timer's Haze grow I'm gonna screw I mean start up later this year. Good luck I'll drop in here and there to check your grow out just make sure you hide your weed 'cause I smoke a lot!

Hey potchimp , good to see you :) Yeah you should defo try the Super Soil if you already grow in soil. Its so easy once you have the mix made. Well its Day 16 or whatever it is so I hope its easy. They just been put into their Super Soil now so we'l see how they like it pretty soon. They liked the seedling mix!

Shame we cant have a smoke off mate haha, bet a green chimp looks funny :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom