Katins's 2nd Micro Grow - White Widow Fem - 1 Square Foot Under LED

Week 8 day 3, week 3 day 3

1.jpg
2.jpg

Can anyone point me to a good cannabutter recipe from scratch and without fancy tools? . Have some trim and some time this weekend, thought would be about time to introduce myself to baking .

Can anyone point me to a good cannabutter recipe from scratch and without fancy tools? . Have some trim and some time this weekend, thought would be about time to introduce myself to baking .

I normally use good ol fashion farm butter...125g butter, 15g your choice of herb. Crumble herb and decarb in oven at 110'c for +- 20mins then crumble any lumpys and add to melting butter on med to high heat. I normally do +- 45 min and strain in lace curtain material, works better than cheese cloth..

But for best results and better absorption into the body's receptors use coconut butter. Or if you have time on a Saturda( today.....) get coconut oil use however much herb you prefer grumbled fine in a mason jarcover with coco oil to level with herb and put on lid tight and place in crockpot for 4 hrs on med-high ( level of water must equal herb/oil level inside bottle) and check on it and give a shake every 15-20min bout as often as I go out for a cig..

If water starts boiling switch crock pot off or adjust temp down

Once done 4 hrs or so, get another sterile bottle and strain using cheese cloth or lace curtain stuff like I do once it's cooled down enough to handle.

Strength of dosage depends on your preferences as I use street weed and its hit and miss.......

E.g. Yesterday's olive oil infusion I used skunk 30g trim, to smoke was ok, after infusion it's a more relaxing mild couch lock. Had 3ml in my coffee this am and pleasantly rambling on......

2nd E.g. Last week with canna butter used 30g Swazi buds, I/2 hour buzz when smoked so made water. So made about 10 cookies which lasts a cpl days. Normally have 2 straight off due to crap quality, absolutely wankered for bout +-3hrs couldn't see anyone I was so far gone......

So for me it's a lucky packet, but the info I used comes from @whatsinjimsgrowroom, stellar chap and helpful and Jims friends there.....

Damn my friend, bad ramble there, my apologies there......
( and he slinks into the corner with his beanbag never to be spoken to for 24hrs.....)

I normally use good ol fashion farm butter...125g butter, 15g your choice of herb. Crumble herb and decarb in oven at 110'c for +- 20mins then crumble any lumpys and add to melting butter on med to high heat. I normally do +- 45 min and strain in lace curtain material, works better than cheese cloth..

But for best results and better absorption into the body's receptors use coconut butter. Or if you have time on a Saturda( today.....) get coconut oil use however much herb you prefer grumbled fine in a mason jarcover with coco oil to level with herb and put on lid tight and place in crockpot for 4 hrs on med-high ( level of water must equal herb/oil level inside bottle) and check on it and give a shake every 15-20min bout as often as I go out for a cig..

If water starts boiling switch crock pot off or adjust temp down

Once done 4 hrs or so, get another sterile bottle and strain using cheese cloth or lace curtain stuff like I do once it's cooled down enough to handle.

Strength of dosage depends on your preferences as I use street weed and its hit and miss.......

E.g. Yesterday's olive oil infusion I used skunk 30g trim, to smoke was ok, after infusion it's a more relaxing mild couch lock. Had 3ml in my coffee this am and pleasantly rambling on......

2nd E.g. Last week with canna butter used 30g Swazi buds, I/2 hour buzz when smoked so made water. So made about 10 cookies which lasts a cpl days. Normally have 2 straight off due to crap quality, absolutely wankered for bout +-3hrs couldn't see anyone I was so far gone......

So for me it's a lucky packet, but the info I used comes from @whatsinjimsgrowroom, stellar chap and helpful and Jims friends there.....

Damn my friend, bad ramble there, my apologies there......
( and he slinks into the corner with his beanbag never to be spoken to for 24hrs.....)
Ooh, nice read :) thanks mate. And what a coincidence, checked my i law's fridge, and they have a nice lump of good ol' farm butter :) will try this sorcery you described later today :) might even snap a few pics :)

The only thing that concerns me is that my entire harvest was 24 g, so I doubt my trim shall weigh at least 5 g ..

I'm using regular stuff ( what seed did you use, 1st journals) if it's a kickass smoke it'll make awsome canna butter , just use trim and half of your buds and 1/2 amount butter/oil, oil as it will stretch longer than butter and maby more concentrated due to longer cooking times... Hope this helps....

I'm using regular stuff ( what seed did you use, 1st journals) if it's a kickass smoke it'll make awsome canna butter , just use trim and half of your buds and 1/2 amount butter/oil, oil as it will stretch longer than butter and maby more concentrated due to longer cooking times... Hope this helps....
Was a bagseed :) a decent smoke though, quite potent. BUT, there is only around 1/8 of the entire harvest left.. .
Anyway, I'll take it as a learning experience, use only the trim and see what happens :)

A few pics from my cannabutter attempt .

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I decarbed my 4 g of sugar leaf trim (all I got) and 1 g (also almost all I got . ) of my travel bud that I took with me for a trip to my old folks. I put it in an oven at a double thermometer controlled 225 F and left there for an hour. Then I took 150 g of butter that I previously had strained of all solubles, melted it and poured in all my gren material. And at this point my biggest f** up happened. I made a mistake of trusting only one thermometer and it fooled me.. the butter got to a smoke point... it stayed at higher temp no more than 15 minutes and as soon as I saw the smoke, I realised that something is fishy here. Took it off instantly, brought a laser thermometer and DOH! 280 F. I put all my effort into it anyway and simmered at 200-220 for 2 hours.
How do you guys think, could my hickup cause me losing all the potency?
I will try it tomorrow as it is too late and I would not want to waste a good high by going to sleep, if it turns out potent . but only 5 g of green material... so my expectatuons are probably too high.. .
Anyway, if I can turn this butter i to a nice buzzy brownie for my skiing trip with friends, it will have been worth it .

Good morning Katin, sounds like a merry adventure you had there and a merrier adventure to be had. Where are you going skiing, I snowboard would jump at the chance, but due to my gimp back I'm scared a fall would do more damage. Im sure your butter will work out 100%, in regards to burning and losing potency I'm not sure as I've done the same more than once,and have wondered the same. It tastes Kak and bitter but I've also wondered bout losing potency as my minds told the batches I burnt had lost the thc effect to a degree. But I'm no expert and only following what I've learnt, I'm sure one of the mentors can give us a more in depth answer there. I know over in @whatsgrowinginjimsgarden there are some very knowledgeable people I've met and they may be able to help here...

Sooo, report on butter... :) Took 3 g of it, and started waiting..... 2 hours in - nothing . then I took 6 g and now enjoying a powerful buzz. So, my guess is if I take the remaining 120 g of butter, and bake myself a brownie, and split it into 12 pieces, I shoud have myself 12 nice high times, right? :)

Back
Top Bottom