Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

I didn't get to research, I m fighting a serious cold and went to sleep for 2 hours, sorry.
But in short, if the foxtail is genetic, it is ok. science fair on canna..in school..weeeeeell, I think they will cut her project in no time.
And if you are in an illegal place, you might want to start hiding...(stupid laws.. It makes me so angry)

HB10 Update

I've scaled back my plan for Hash Bomb #10, sort of. I have now disabused myself from the notion that I will have the kind of time to devote to developing a single perfect plant any time soon. On the other hand I potted her up into 6 gal of DBHBB soil and given her a Destress spray and Brix spray. When I potted her up about 2 weeks ago she was suffering from several deficiencies and a mite attack. Her leaves were all half yellow and slightly crunchy. All that's been replaced with beautiful green leaves, although some stems and petioles are still purple.
20161112_150437.jpg

Top view gives better view of what I have to work with. This is actually after thinning. I reduced main branches to 6-8 side shoots plus apex. Problem is that the side shoot have side shoots that need to be thinned. I love the way Hash Bombs naturally branch, but this is the the wrong strain for the controlled monster I originally planned. Uncontrolled monster is still a plan, right? In this case yes. Semi-uncontrolled. I'm still adjusting angles of branches to direct growth. I'm still pruning for even cola spacing, although the total number has increased because she is already a foot wider than I planned. In fact she may be larger mass-wise than my outdoor girls were. She will be soon. I'm giving her another week or two for roots to finish filling pot and then she will become first fully high brix plant in my bloom tent. And in February she will be POTM. :Namaste:
20161112_150305.jpg

Nice job on the canopy
The kitchen pic with the orange container looks A+
Good work

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Small Pharma Update

Making CCO today and need to record my inventory also.

I'm making 6th batch of oil using 60 gr of White Widow. The extraction is clear but greenish like my last few batches because of the leaves left on buds. A lot of those leaves were in bad shape when I harvested and leak chlorophyll. That green becomes dark brown when concentrated down to oil. that's not a problem, but it also makes oil thicker and sticker and harder to use. I'm going to have to live with that for a while because I have a lot of harvested buds like that to turn into oil.
20161119_122658.jpg

Made 5th batch last night from 41 gr of Critical plus odds and ends that made 4 grams.
Made 4th batch a while ago with 60 gr of Dutch Amnesia Haze and got 6 gr oil that may be ruined. I got distracted toward end and temp reached 300+ degrees possibly as long as 10 min. Don't know how much THC and CBD degraded to CBN. I'm going to try it anyway because I need the CBD to keep increasing my dosage. If it puts me to sleep then that's what I'll use it for.
3rd batch was 58 gr of Bubba Kush that made 7 gr. I used that with remaining oil from 1st batch to make 135 mg Bio Bombs for my cancer treatment.
2nd batch was 60 gr Dutch Treat that made 6 gr oil. Used that to make 80 mg bio bombs that I use for day time (i.e. work). Almost out of this one so I need another batch of oil with uplifting strain so I can make more bio bombs for daytime.

What is a BIO BOMB? you ask. Basically it's a way to make CCO more bioavailable and more potent for treating cancer. For rec users it can also get you stoned harder and faster that other methods. You can read more about them on SweetSue's forum: SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall
:Namaste:

Nice job on the canopy
The kitchen pic with the orange container looks A+
Good work

Thanks for checking out my grow and kind words, Hizzy. I'll have to visit your garden soon.:thanks:

I'm really proud of this plant, but really she deserves a lot of the credit for how she's turning out. Every few weeks I have a little free time and a spurt of energy to work on her, but most of the time it's just her refusing to die from neglect at few points in her life. Apparently she's forgiven me. I just need a couple training sessions and a few more weeks of root development to put her into flower. :Namaste:

Smoke Report - White Widow #4

Potent and coming on fast! Started feeling it almost as soon as I walked back inside. Right now it's a body tingle growing steadily. Starting to make focusing difficult. First and most important point for me is this will be some strong medicine. No doubt there. WW1 was pretty strong too. WW2 was early and not quite as strong, but still I love the balance of this high. Just good everywhere. The happies are starting now. Not giggling but smiling big. And not because I'm pleased with the quality of my grow or anything. Words getting harder to think of. What?

Small Pharma Update

Making CCO today and need to record my inventory also.

I'm making 6th batch of oil using 60 gr of White Widow. The extraction is clear but greenish like my last few batches because of the leaves left on buds. A lot of those leaves were in bad shape when I harvested and leak chlorophyll. That green becomes dark brown when concentrated down to oil. that's not a problem, but it also makes oil thicker and sticker and harder to use. I'm going to have to live with that for a while because I have a lot of harvested buds like that to turn into oil.
20161119_122658.jpg

Made 5th batch last night from 41 gr of Critical plus odds and ends that made 4 grams.
Made 4th batch a while ago with 60 gr of Dutch Amnesia Haze and got 6 gr oil that may be ruined. I got distracted toward end and temp reached 300+ degrees possibly as long as 10 min. Don't know how much THC and CBD degraded to CBN. I'm going to try it anyway because I need the CBD to keep increasing my dosage. If it puts me to sleep then that's what I'll use it for.
3rd batch was 58 gr of Bubba Kush that made 7 gr. I used that with remaining oil from 1st batch to make 135 mg Bio Bombs for my cancer treatment.
2nd batch was 60 gr Dutch Treat that made 6 gr oil. Used that to make 80 mg bio bombs that I use for day time (i.e. work). Almost out of this one so I need another batch of oil with uplifting strain so I can make more bio bombs for daytime.

What is a BIO BOMB? you ask. Basically it's a way to make CCO more bioavailable and more potent for treating cancer. For rec users it can also get you stoned harder and faster that other methods. You can read more about them on SweetSue's forum: SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall
:Namaste:

Sounds like your doing well on your CCO making journey

I hope to make my 3rd batch next week

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Smoke Report - White Widow #4

Potent and coming on fast! Started feeling it almost as soon as I walked back inside. Right now it's a body tingle growing steadily. Starting to make focusing difficult. First and most important point for me is this will be some strong medicine. No doubt there. WW1 was pretty strong too. WW2 was early and not quite as strong, but still I love the balance of this high. Just good everywhere. The happies are starting now. Not giggling but smiling big. And not because I'm pleased with the quality of my grow or anything. Words getting harder to think of. What?

HAHAHAHAHAHA ok that was highlarious!

HAHAHAHAHAHA ok that was highlarious!

Point I was seriously trying to make was that my WW felt as strong as what I bought that tested 19%. That's level I need from my grow to make quality CCO for my cancer treatment.

I joke about having to do 'quality control', but really I need to be doing it more. I have a few batches I haven't tried yet, or only once and need a retest. My guess from sampling early harvests is that they were between 10-15%. Dutch Treat was a little higher, but this WW is best so far.

Other test findings: WW is one of best mood elevators. Either moving or sitting I was just really happy. When I was up and walking I could function but as soon as I sat down the high flooded back into my brain. That made focusing thoughts difficult but I was still fully aware of stuff around me, so that if I really needed to I could pull it together. That's what I like about WW, I get a balanced mind/body high but don't get disoriented, but now I know I could with a 2nd vape. :) :Namaste:

Point I was seriously trying to make was that my WW felt as strong as what I bought that tested 19%. That's level I need from my grow to make quality CCO for my cancer treatment.

I joke about having to do 'quality control', but really I need to be doing it more. I have a few batches I haven't tried yet, or only once and need a retest. My guess from sampling early harvests is that they were between 10-15%. Dutch Treat was a little higher, but this WW is best so far.

Other test findings: WW is one of best mood elevators. Either moving or sitting I was just really happy. When I was up and walking I could function but as soon as I sat down the high flooded back into my brain. That made focusing thoughts difficult but I was still fully aware of stuff around me, so that if I really needed to I could pull it together. That's what I like about WW, I get a balanced mind/body high but don't get disoriented, but now I know I could with a 2nd vape. :) :Namaste:

OMgosh did I inappropriately laugh, I'm sorry :love: You are just so funny sometimes with your findings. I just got a WW so I may pop her in the new year. I'm excited now that you like it so much. Thanks for the review, I do read all the details as best I can. :Namaste:

Love Shack Update

The shack has been closed down for the season. Girls are in the basement with buns in the oven, boys still outside.

Hash Bomb clones of #4 and #6. #6 leaves are dark from the cold. Both show swelling calyxs. Males are Hash Bombs from same seed batch so offspring will be 'purebreds', but genetics of this strain aren't exactly fixed. I had 3 phenos in my grow, offspring could look a little crazy. Gonna be a fun spring sowing.
20161120_163339.jpg

White Widow clones making WWxHB crosses. I got a better picture of these calyxs swelling up. Lower calyxs look similar.
20161120_164227.jpg
20161120_164244.jpg

2 more WW and 2 unknown but I'll be able to tell by harvest time. 2nd shot of fat calyxes.
20161120_172401.jpg
20161120_172436.jpg

I don't think of this as breeding project because I don't have clear goal for a new strain. I do have some ideas of what I'd like to see in offspring but no plan for achieving it yet. Just taking advantage of an opportunity and keeping options open. :Namaste:

OMgosh did I inappropriately laugh, I'm sorry :love: You are just so funny sometimes with your findings. I just got a WW so I may pop her in the new year. I'm excited now that you like it so much. Thanks for the review, I do read all the details as best I can. :Namaste:

You were definitely supposed to laugh. I wasn't trying to be funny at first but I could tell where I was headed. It was a fun challenge trying to keep going until finally I gave up, still having fun.

I noticed your clones a few pages back had leaves with the tips trimmed off. I've seen that before but don't know why it's done. Care to enlighten me?

2 reasons I do it:
-reduce evaporation from leaves until roots able to sustain new growth.
-allow clones to fit closer together, or alternately to allow more air flow between them to prevent rot, etc.

Others claim it stimulates root production but I haven't noticed a difference between cuttings with clipped leaves vs cuttings with full leaves.

I don't do it now unless the leaves are large. But I'm also making only a few at a time now so I can spread them out more.

Inside the Tent

Quick view of the current scrog in flower this morning. Not a lot of change since 4 days ago (below) except that pistils are more visible, and they're a little taller. HB2 clone in back left corner caught just in time for watering. I gave just a small watering to hold her until rest of grow is ready for full watering with feeding tomorrow.
20161125_084926.jpg

Another plant wasn't so lucky on last watering Monday. You can see hole in canopy forward and right 1 square from HB2 clone, 1 of 4 Critical clones is still alive but has no large fan leaves left. I have a HB4 clone ready that I can swap places with when I feed/water tomorrow.
Other goal for this weekend will be 1st defol. Plants are in 3rd to 4th week of flower.
This is view of tent on 11/21.
20161121_175756.jpg

Quick Update - no pics

FYI-I started a new journal for my high brix grow, link is added to signature. My current scrog grow is a transition incorporating things I learned researching high brix. So the new grow is just another step in evolution of perpetual grow with a lot of overlap. But there are enough differences that it gets confusing trying to talk about both on same journal. Now I'll be able to focus this journal on the 15 clones now in tent plus closing out the other small projects.

Got everybody in tent watered/fed. Clones in scrog got top watered and deep soak with FF Beastie Blooms for mid cycle bloom plus a little microbe tea. SOG pots and HB4 (now over 100 days in flower) got FF Cha Ching for late cycle bloom.

I didn't defol the scrog plants as planned except for the White Widows. Most have buds stretched above the canopy mass, but WWs haven't and very few buds were receiving light. I exposed as many buds as I could, but most of those are still below the screen. I'm not sure what to make of that.
In contrast the WWs in SOG pot are fattening up and starting to getting frosty like their name says.

I checked for mites and found none this time. Last weekend I found a few. Sprayed one more time with neem oil just to be safe.

And I replaced the Critical clone that dried out with a much smaller clone of HB4 to test a hypothesis on foxtailing. HB4 mother (yes, the 100 day one) may have foxtailed because she stretched most and got too close to lights. I'm keeping HB4 clone away from lights, and if she doesn't foxtail I'll know it was environment and not genetics that caused it.

Current plants in tent:
15 clones in 2 gal scrog, 3-4 weeks into flower.
4 SOG pots about 10 weeks into flower: 3 Bubba Kush, 4 Chernobyl, 3 Dutch Amnesia Haze, and 4 WW (about 7-8 weeks).
HB4 at 15 weeks flower, getting heavier but no amber.
10 small clones producing seeds.

In another week or two it will be just the 15 clones in south half of garden with room for the high brix grow to start moving into north half. It's going to be a very green Christmas this year! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom