Lavendar's - Continual Harvest - 5th Grow

Re: lavendars'-continual harvest-5th grow

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. You did find something that you are good at. Like NEP said you have found something you love and it really shows in your plants. Keep the faith. You are not alone. :peace:

i know, and i would love to grow them all....i'm so greedy....just love the plants as much as the meds....they're whats kept me going the last 2 yrs...at least since i got my license, then hubby got his....before that it was wait for spring for a garden and scrounge for smoke, at someone elses mercy....and the cost...ugh...but it does cost some to get started....and the seeds and clones, and lights, then books ect.ect.ect. so i can kinda understand the cost a little....i stay under the legal limit here as our county is really redneck, and love to consider a big bust...one plant.....i just dont get it...talk about taking the law into their own hands....state legal, and county frowned on...what a bunch of jerks....who raised those idiots....

when i got cashed out from work due to injury w/ perm. disability, i took the money, all 3k of it and bought supplies....i knew what i wanted to do, and it has made our lives sooooo much better....hope yours is the same...lavendar
:thanks::rollit:

I hear yah Lav the front lines on the medical growers scene is still not nearly as open as it should be and ignorant close minded types are the biggest enemy when it comes to that. I'm sorry to hear about your injury i can empathize a drunk driver got me in a serious accident and i shattered my heel on my left foot and my ankle on my right... wasn't able to get my med card at the time and insurance was all we got but i def love growin it's a great pastime that makes any day a little better...and you don't have to worry about cost of your own buds.. life is goin great glad your's is to :grinjoint::peace:

I know what a great hobby gardening is, I haven't got a spot indoors anymore, but I still do a decent outdoor crop each year, but I'm not able to spend as much time out there as I would my indoor garden, or as much time as I would like to. To me it's nice peaceful time to myself doing something that I love to do that is also very rewarding.:yahoo:

Good for you, sorry about the injury, but I'm glad that you found something to make you truly happy.

yeah, it was a real circle jerk for a while, learning how to walk again and all, but we made it thru...we have alot of laughs about it now...we did some outdoors last yr. but too many people around here...and they didnt finish in time, went in too late...probably did alot of other things wrong also, ended up bringing them in, which was like trying to put an elephant in a pony corral...which is why i ever tryed tying them up, or "doing bondage" to them....but we had smoke...curing, well, what was curing...its green, therefore i smoke it...it gets me where i'm going...then i tried it, and wow, i dont like it if it isnt cured...and that was when it started really...from seeds, feb'09, and here i am now...tried growing it in the 60-70-80's but all it had to be was green and growing then...i knew and had smoked col. gold, and all the good ones, but it was a while to get to what i really knew what anyone was talking about...so it has been a journey...
we also plant a real veg. garden...i make alot of salsa...
i always wondered what one would do outdoors, bet its outrageous..got a start last yr...but too paranoid this yr....:peace::rollit:...later, lavendar

SMOKE REPORT:
i think i'll start with the strawberry haze, which is actually part of the last cycle....great taste, like greenish, not quite ripe berries...love it, same on exhale..
med: had to smoke 2 bowls, which are small, but the high was very functional, made my heart beat faster...and had lots of energy...was hard to slow down....hubby also likes the taste and smell...uses it when he needs to get things done in the yard.
out of ten: it gets an 7 from me
reason being, the yield was small...could have been me, but this is the second grow, and was the same nearly last time...have one more plant to finish up, it is still growing...had decided to discontinue this strain, as i have no more seeds for it and did not clone...the plant furnished me with 3 very healthy seeds...soooo, i guess all ends as it should..

black jack:
my next to the least fav...
great high, great smell, and taste, but a little to "dark" for me flavor wise...like very heavy spices that were too murky to id. each one...hubby loves it, but not the smell...since we have alot of clones, it will be around for a while....i think i would like it in oil or hash....hehe...me 6, him 7

dutch delight...
wow, what can i say...this is one of our keepers....great high, long lasting, motivational, fantastic smell....the taste is very soft and smooth...floral, with spice....just a great plant...and the yield was good...1.6 oz dry, out of 6 i believe...and the buds were nicee size, no wood problems, loved it....8 of 10

trainwreck..
another wow....terrific...weight is there...bud shape and size...great nose, taste is wonderful, high is hold on, it could be a bumpy ride...one minute its a straight up high, the next you are stopped dead and jerked sideways...i love it, and it is always diff...this is a 9, and he wont smoke unless at home...

L.A.Confidential:
great nose, great taste, probably my favorite....this one will put me right to sleep the first time i relax...i can see why this is 8k a pound and a clone went for a record 20k...the taste is affie, like a great hash...just wonderful...the buds are hard nuggets, and the weight was good, 3/4oz dry... have a couple more clones, need more....my only gripe was the yield...small plant....small yield..will leave it longer in veg next time...will mold tho, as it is very close together..so watch close if the humidity is high...mine is low....the weight being good means that it didnt dry to nothing as some plants do...you end up with an enormous pile of fluff..not this one tho...indica.....this one was rocks...it is also a 9...hubby gives it a 10...

ok, thats all for now, been repotting, making hash, will post pics some day...and getting ready for 5 more plants to finish, it looks like they will be one right after the other, so have to have some to put in when they come out...and need them in larger pots first, like to have them ready to take off running...lavendar

p.s. the only one put up is the l.a.c. the rest are still curing...:rollit:

up next, 2 bubba kushs
sour diesel
nyc diesel, soma's
romulan
brain storm (smells like bologne with garlic paste spread on it...ugh) other times it smells great...looks lethal tho.

the above i have grown before and are just the end of some i am not going to be able to continue...may keep a clone of sour diesel, and one of nycd (soma), but the others i can reseed if i have to or want to...

Great report. +rep if I can. We have the same tastes. I like to get High as opposed to Stoned. Well I guess couchlock has it's place but only occasionaly and at the end of the day. Good job Lav. Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to those of us that don't have the room to experiment with a lot of strains. :peace:

Great report. +iep if I can. We have the same tastes. I like to get High as opposed to Stoned. Well I guess couchlock has it's place but only occasionaly and at the end of the day. Good job Lav. Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to those of us that don't have the room to experiment with a lot of strains. :peace:

if it were up to me, and not the state, i'ld have the wall mart of pot....just row after row of different ones...they all are med. and serve a purpose....when i was young my gr. grandmother(medicine woman) always had me make the mj tea for the women who were birthing, they came to our cabin on the rez...but she would first start by giving them a smoke while i ran for supplies in the cabinets and she checked them out...quite an experience...my son never had sugar or a pill until he was 15 or so...still hates pills...but i grew up that way....so it was natural...literally...
thank you for the kind words....yes, we dont have alot of room, and we are not rich...we live from payday to payday like most others, but we are rich in each other and the things, simple things, that we enjoy....fishing, hunting,(getting to old now...need a proxy hunter) and sitting in the sun like lizards....lavendar:rollit::reading420magazine:

and yes, i do prefer the sativa high for the day, but like to slow down at night....

lavendar I agree with woodsman. That was a great smoke report, I'm growing one strains now and never had it before. Will be nice to compare to yours.
+reps for such good work.:ganjamon:
So sorry about your injury, but sound like good Karma has come your way.:surf:
I have to admit I'm envious of you two. Sounds like one of my dreams, but you two are living it.:thumb:

Hey Lav- Just checkin in...Greatly admire your dedication, determination and your willingness to share. PS- Love your insights! You're my hero-ette....:peace:MF

Jsut play'n catchup on your journal LAV. Great work and great strains. Did you get your issue worked out in the garden?

no butcher,
i still dont know what it was/is...and if i dont know, then it can come back...would you take a look please...it shows a leaf on the last group of pics posted....looks like the leaf is just drowning inside....i think it is a mold or mildew, but did not respond to the safers mildew or the "that stuff" new on the market here....i alternated days with the two of them....finally i used liquid lite on them and they seem to be better, but dont know what it could have in it to help them....thank you....lav...it started after i got in the battle with the mites, which seem to be gone now...have tried all i know...

:thanks:

Your story and grow are an inspiratation. Stay strong.

ahh gee, thank you....that is really nice to hear....you all don't know how much i appreciate your comments and company....i "was" a lonely grower out in the "cold"....lavendar:rollit::thanks:

hey lavender great thread !!!! sweet looking buds:ganjamon:

thank you....they are fun, and each one an adventure....now the bubba kush's are deciding to get a few male flowers on some of the buds.....dont mind a few seeds on a couple of buds, but the one is decided to have a sex change....i'm not sure i can fix this....thank G. they are the last in the room before the exhaust fan...maybe most of the pollen will be sucked out, and the ozone machine will fix them....right in the middle of this bud, is this little yellow flower, i noticed it when checking the tri's on the plant....i could use the seeds tho, i think if i read it right, they will mostlly be fem seed...hope...lavendar:rollit:

ahh gee, thank you....that is really nice to hear....you all don't know how much i appreciate your comments and company....i "was" a lonely grower out in the "cold"....lavendar:rollit::thanks:

but now you have lots of buds to keep you company (ive seen your harvest) lol :ganjamon:

Hey Lav- Just checkin in...Greatly admire your dedication, determination and your willingness to share. PS- Love your insights! You're my hero-ette....:peace:MF

yo, hey guy,
sure missed talkin to ya...hope ya get to stick around this time....glad youre back and thank you for all the nice comments...later, lavendar:rollit::thanks:

but now you have lots of buds to keep you company (ive seen your harvest) lol :ganjamon:

I LOVE that avatar....its great....yeah, but buds arn't the only thing, (cant believe i said that, slap slap silly girl...)..ouch, that hurt....it means soooo much to talk with others who are into the same stuff....growing has always been such a secluded occupation or passtime....i guess we can at least peek out of the closet now....thank you...have about 5 more ready to finish now, and 3 more behind them...lavendar:rollit::thanks:

lavendar I agree with woodsman. That was a great smoke report, I'm growing one strains now and never had it before. Will be nice to compare to yours.
+reps for such good work.:ganjamon:
So sorry about your injury, but sound like good Karma has come your way.:surf:
I have to admit I'm envious of you two. Sounds like one of my dreams, but you two are living it.:thumb:

yeah, i had to wait until i was 50 to find my heart....someone with same interests...i just consider the other attempts "practice" it all happens when it is supposed to...and you live in hawaii....oh wow, always wanted to see it...and "smoke" it, so now i'm trying to grow a mouie w. but it wont be the same .. read too much about how it all grows there...lucky guy...thank you, lavendar:rollit::thanks:

Reps when I get them Lavendar! That was one if not the best written and to the point smoke reports I've seen here. :bravo:

fantastic crop! And Oh Ya
I like your beautiful font choice.

well, i cant remember if i answered or not, but thank you....the font is called comic sans...yeah, one of my favs...just a little off the beaten path, i like that...have quite a few more reports to go...thanks for hanging in...lavendar

oh, and how is the plant..? i'm working thru some mildew issues now...in the clone and baby room...sooo glad its not on the big plants...:rollit::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom