LKABudMan - Kush Mints, Coco, In The Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box

Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box *Prototype V2*
Cannapot Kush Mints fem photo (Moira)
Day# 23 from seed
Coco with MC 4g/G​

I could probably get some trimmers under that 5th node. She's a photoperiod, though, so I'll wait another day. She's really moving now, greening up and getting large enough to catch her leaf tips on the side of the pot. She still has plenty of water, though, so still nothing for me to do :ganjamon:

The vGrow uses recipes like all of the other Vivosun Smart Grow Systems (SGS). Here is the recipe I set up for this grow.

Vivosun Recipe - Kush Mints in vGrow

Seedling
Mode
Light - 20/4 schedule @ 50%
Circulation - speed# 1
Ventilation - None

Vegetative Mode (Start with 3-fingered leaves)
Light - 18/6 schedule @ 75%
Circulation - speed# 3
Ventilation - Daytime 85f/70RH or 80f/65RH Nighttime 58RH
* Increase circulation+1 every 5-7 days

Flowering Mode (Start when canopy is 1/2 - 3/4 full)
Light - 12/12 @ 80% (Increase 5% each week)
Circulation - speed 7/10
Ventilation - Daytime 85f/70RH or 80f/65RH Nighttime 58RH
* Decrease max RH by 2 each week after the 3rd week

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

I like that there's a defined recipe to use to get started! So cool!
Thanks SO. You don't even need to sync it with a phone to get started, you can change the modes right from the front.

Day# 26 from seed
Coco with MC 4g/G​

Saturday (day# 24) I topped Moira above the fourth node. A node is a set of branches that are opposite each other. Nodes will alternate between north-south and east-west, which makes it easier to count.

For a seedling, don’t count the seedling leaves (cotyledons). The first node will be 1-fingered leaves, the second will be 3-fingered, the third will be five-fingered.

For clones, the nodes may not be opposite each other. This is where using the north-south growing vs. east-west growing makes it easier to count the nodes.

I topped just below the 5th node, leaving as much stem sticking up as possible. The remaining stem will help keep the plant from splitting.

When topping, my goal is to cut the stem above the 4th node without touching anything else. To FIM I go a bit higher and cut the stem and the nodes on the side. I find topping easier to maintain, FIMs get too bushy in the middle for me.

Other than topping her, Moira has been left alone in the Vivosun vGrow smart grow box. She's still working on the gallon I gave her on 12/4 (day# 19). She's growing well and really bushing up since her topping. Soon it will be time to add the scrog net and start spreading her out.

Day# 26 from seed
Coco with MC 4g/G​

Saturday (day# 24) I topped Moira above the fourth node. A node is a set of branches that are opposite each other. Nodes will alternate between north-south and east-west, which makes it easier to count.

For a seedling, don’t count the seedling leaves (cotyledons). The first node will be 1-fingered leaves, the second will be 3-fingered, the third will be five-fingered.

For clones, the nodes may not be opposite each other. This is where using the north-south growing vs. east-west growing makes it easier to count the nodes.

I topped just below the 5th node, leaving as much stem sticking up as possible. The remaining stem will help keep the plant from splitting.

When topping, my goal is to cut the stem above the 4th node without touching anything else. To FIM I go a bit higher and cut the stem and the nodes on the side. I find topping easier to maintain, FIMs get too bushy in the middle for me.

Other than topping her, Moira has been left alone in the Vivosun vGrow smart grow box. She's still working on the gallon I gave her on 12/4 (day# 19). She's growing well and really bushing up since her topping. Soon it will be time to add the scrog net and start spreading her out.

How you like it so far . Dang I wish I had one

How you like it so far . Dang I wish I had one .
But glad you got it. You can do it better justice than I can. So Kool system.
Thanks 7Dust. It's a great grow box and I'm loving the SWICK base. So far I've hardly had to do anything and she's looking great:)

That's one healthy plant!
Thanks Shed. She's doing fantastic, especially for how little I've done :) I was just noticing that her res is looking low, I'll probably fill it up today.

Day# 28 from seed
Coco with MC@5g/G​

It's been 9 days since I gave Moira anything to drink. I checked today, and she could probably go a couple more days. I went ahead and fed her anyways, filling the base. This time she got 5g/G of MC.
Moira Feeding Tracker.png

Since topping, Moira's lowers have really taken off. She still has tight node spacing so she's really bunched up in the middle. I'm still planning on taking clones in a couple of weeks, so I'm just letting her grow.

I did install the scrog net today. The v2 came with these clips for the side poles that are ferrous metal. It also came with these strong magnets that will attach to the clips. Together it made it really easy to install the scrog net. And what a cute little scrog net it is 😉

It looks like she has a few more days before reaching the net. Until then the vGrow will take good care of her :)

Did I say a few more days until she reaches the net??? Moira is really moving now!
20231214_120536.jpg

20231214_120601.jpg

Day# 33 from seed
Coco with MC@5g/G​

It's been 5 days since I last fed Moira and put up the scrog. Since then she's pretty much been ignored. Today when I looked in on her she was just a ball of leaves. She's growing well and looks very healthy.

She got her first trim today. I removed most of the big fan leaves and anything touching the coco. I don't need those big leaves growing any bigger, I'd rather her put her resources into growing at the tips. Besides, it makes it easier to see what's going on and to LST her into the net.

I only removed leaves today. Normally I'd get rid of some of the lower branches as well, but I plan on taking some clones from her in the next couple of weeks so I'll leave all that on for now.

Finally I rotated the pot a little bit to make sure the branches are growing toward the corners of the box. This should let me really fill up the net. It's such a tiny net, too, it won't take long :)

Set it and forget it, plus some leaf removal...perfect!
Thanks Shed. It's about to get a lot more hands-on, at least for the next week or two. Train (on the net), Trim (and take clones), and Flip (to 12/12). There's not a lot of room to mess around in there and she's growing quickly now.

Day# 37 from seed
Coco with MC@5g/G​

I gave Moira another gallon in her res a couple of days ago, and I can see she'll take another one soon.
Moira Feeding Tracker.png
The temperatures and humidity in my office fluctuate quite a bit depending on the weather. It was rainy, then cold. The @VIVOSUN vGrow smart grow system is doing a pretty good job maintaining VPD.
Screenshot_20231222_134209.jpg
Moira has been growing steadily. Today she's pushing up at the net, and her branches are almost to the outside. She's also pretty bushy.

Time to take some clones and clean her up for flower! I took the best cutting for clones, even though they were pretty short. I removed anything I didn't think would make the canopy, including the bottom nodes.

I'll give her a day or two to recover before flipping to 12/12. She's just about ready, though :)

Nice thinning! It's almost like you've had some experience with that. :)
Thanks Shed. I just wish there were a few bigger clones to take, but the ones I took should do.
Seems like yesterday was sprouting day! Now she's ready to flower! Almost hands off too! Awesome!
Thanks SO, it really has been that easy too.

Back
Top Bottom