LKABudMan - Kush Mints, Coco, In The Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box

Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box *Prototype V2*
Cannapot Kush Mints fem photo (Moira)
Day# 41 from seed / Flip day# 2
Coco with MC@5g/G​

I had to move the space heater that was in my office to a guest room so it's been a little cool in there the past couple of days. Even so Moira has been doing great. She nearly finished off her nutes yesterday so I mixed up a gallon of 5.3g/G MC for her. Soon she'll be on my standard flower nutrients that I mix in 10+ gallon batches.
Moira Feeding Tracker.png
I also went ahead and flipped her to flower. She's nearly filled the net, so by the time she starts flower I should be wall-to-wall. She's getting bushy again, so I'm taking a few leaves here and there to keep her from getting too full.

Her flower schedule started at 6a-6p (12/12) @ 100%. When measuring the DLI, I noticed a 150 PPFD increase if I 'closed' the door when I took the readings. That white on the inside of the box is doing an outstanding job of keeping that 100W of flowering spectrum light on the plant. It is also a very even PAR map with little/no difference when reading across the canopy.

With the light at 100% she was at 34 DLI / 750 PPFD. I use this chart as my target, and 34 DLI is too much for the first week of flip.
Photoperiod DLI chart.png
I lowered the light to 65%, giving me 26 DLI / 610 PPFD. I'll measure the light intensity at least once/week from here through the end of the grow and adjust the vGrow to try to match the chart above. As soon as the net is full she's going to start growing up toward the light!

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

Day# 43 from seed / Flip day# 4
Coco with MC@5.3g/G​

I gave Moira another defoliation today. It's such a small space it's easy for a couple of fans to dominate. I removed a few large fans to open her up, along with some lower junk. You can see a lot of buds making their way up to the canopy now :)

Day# 48, flip day# 9
Coco with MC@5.3g/G​

Light: 70% Flowering spectrum 12/12 (680ppfd / 28DLI)
Circulation: 8/10
Exhaust: 64%RH day / 50% RH night

Moira's starting to drink more from her res, although I'm still only feeding a gallon every 5+ days. Soon she'll be starting her flowering nutrients.
Moira Feeding Tracker.png
Other than one feeding, I didn't do anything to Moira since her last defol on day#43 and it showed. She was bushy and sticking up over the net.

So today she got another defoliation. I opened up the tent on two sides to get her all over. I took off a few leaves from underneath that were in the shade, along with some large fans from the canopy. I also spread her out on the net again, really looking to fill all the holes with buds. This will probably be the last time I spread her out, it's all up from here. She should start flowering any day now.

It's cool the way you can snap the sides off that cabinet to make it easier to defoliate, especially if you end up with a leafy green salad-maker like you've got growing in there Can't wait to see the flowers start to pop!.
The zippered door allows for two sides to be opened easily, it would have been hard with only one side exposed. She is a bushy girl, I'm happy I've been able to keep her at net height through the transition to flower.

This is some cool stuff going on here BudMan! I keep waiting to see Elroy or Astro in one of your pics.

And the set-up is a lazy man's dream come true! Seems ideal for a hobbyist with lots of other stuff going on.

That plant seems like she grows leaves nearly as quickly as you clip them. Very vigorous.

Looking forward! :Rasta:

This is some cool stuff going on here BudMan! I keep waiting to see Elroy or Astro in one of your pics.

And the set-up is a lazy man's dream come true! Seems ideal for a hobbyist with lots of other stuff going on.

That plant seems like she grows leaves nearly as quickly as you clip them. Very vigorous.

Looking forward! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB. You're right about the lazy man's setup, I just dump nutrients in the base every few days. The way she's growing now, though, I have a feeling the feedings are about to increase in frequency ;)

Day# 51, flip day# 12
Coco with MC@5.8g/G​

Light: 70% Flowering spectrum 12/12 (700ppfd / 29DLI)

Moira's on flip day# 12 she's still not showing any sign of flowering. She is finally starting to show some pistils, though, she had me worried for a minute. She's healthy and growing well now. She gets bushy again so quickly.

So I'm plucking a few/handful of leaves every day. I take most of them from underneath in the shade, and a few from the canopy to keep her opened up. She's filled up all the way into the corners now and has a nice even canopy, with a bud for almost every hole in the scrog net. She'd better start flowering soon or she's going to run out of space.

With any significant stretch in there you're going to need another net!
I'm hoping the buds will be so packed there will be nowhere to fall over ;)
Good to know that even with a plant that looks that good you find something to worry about. It makes you seem more human. :)
Ha. The last thing I need is this plant + 6 clones, all male.

Day# 54, flip day# 15
Coco with MC@5.8g/G​

Light: 70% Flowering spectrum 12/12 (765ppfd / 32DLI)

It's hard to believe Moira's over seven weeks old and I've only filled her base nine times. I'm filling every 4 days now, and I can already see it'll be 3 days next time. I have her on 5.6g/G MC still, soon to start her flowering nutes.
1704734911796.png
I flipped Moira to 12/12 on Christmas day, 15 days ago. She's had a nice long transition, with me plucking leaves nearly every day to keep her open. She still looks really healthy and happy in her vGrow. I'm not sure if I would call her in flower yet, but I can see buds starting to form :)

Looking as healthy as ever! Isn't 15 days a long time to have no pistils yet? Is KM known for its long transition? Cannapot doesn't list a flowering time for it on their website.
Thanks Shed. 15 days is the longest transition I've had. She is showing pistils, though, and I expect buds to be showing any day now.
1000018178.jpg

I've got one that looks similar, also at 15 days. Maybe it's a winter thing?
That's not a bad thought. It's definitely colder up in my office, that could be slowing her down some.
1000018195.jpg

Back
Top Bottom