LKABudMan - Kush Mints, Coco, In The Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box

Congrats on the sprout and setting up the whole shebang! Only thing missing is environmental control (built-in heat/ac), and perhaps stealth shipping? ;)
Thanks Shed. Yea, enviromental controls would be nice. There are extra plug-ins for additional accessories but I think A/C or heat is up to the customer. Hopefully it will be good enough in most living spaces.

Stealth shipping! I've spoken to them about this in the past and will make sure to bring it up again. What good is a discreet grow cube if you've already announced it to the neighborhood?

I love it. I saw this box on a Startup site for funding. It was almost complete at the time and bypassing the goal :D Im glad for the success @VIVOSUN .
Thanks jrml. I checked this morning, and it looks like they have now hit their funding goal!
I have enjoyed the products they sell for multi-years now 5+ Now I have a tent, fans, hub, light all Vivosun. I want to see more and Love it!
I would love any input on any of my grows now and the future!
I started out with a Vivosun 4x4 with a VS4000 and used it for my first few grows. Now I have two Vivosun tents running the SGS + the vGrow! Vivosun has come a long way in the past couple of years and have some really innovative new gear. I'm looking forward to seeing what this vGrow can do!

Looks interesting, and I especially like the strain your going to run. :)
Thanks gw, I'm really looking forward to it too.
I didn't realize you were going to flower one in there though.:hmmmm:
Heck yea. What good is a grow box if you can't flower. The 100w light should be plenty in this space, and the kit comes with a little scrog net :)
If you can pull a lot of air through a carbon filter and back into the room, it could stay cool enough.:) If you could flower through our winters, you could add a little needed humidity back into the house.:hmmmm:😎
Upstairs in my office it's not having any problem staying cool enough ;) Last night it got down to around 60f!

Love the tent and was wondering if it's
able to be built left or right handed?. Where you would be able to open the door to the left or right, depending on room placement.
Great question Wakka. I've sent this over to the dev team for feedback. Thanks.

Thanks for the tag! That looks like the perfect small grower starter tent. Looking forward to your grow. :thumb:
Welcome Az and thanks. I'd love to see this thing in every weed lover's apartment!

What's happening @LKABudMan thanks for the tag.

I see you got a spiffy new setup, looks cool.
Did you say this is for DWC also?

I will be around to see how well this new Vgrow Smart Grow Box works.

:goodluck:

Be safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Hi Tok and welcome. Absolutely, the plan is to allow for versatile irrigation options. The system comes with the self-watering base, with upgrade options for automated drip irrigation and DWC!
Versitile Irrigation.png

Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Cube *Prototype*
Cannapot Kush Mints fem photo (Moira)

Day# 15 from seed
Coco with MC 3g/G​

Wow, those first two weeks went by quickly. Until two days ago, I haven't been able to 'connect' to the vGrow. I needed a new version of the app and would have to erase my current app/gardens first :eek: Since I wasn't willing to do that, I was going to try to get my wife's ipad and get the app loaded on there. So, Moira just sat in 'seedling' mode at around 1.0 VPD (70f/70%RH) for most of the first two weeks. She didn't seem to mind too much. She's growing slowly, but it's a little cool up here too.

Fortunately procrastination worked this time. Two days ago I updated my Vivosun app (on android) and the new version allowed me to connect to the vGrow! Now, instead of a general 'seedling' mode I'm able to run recipes just like my other gardens. I've started a recipe and put Moira in Vegetative mode. I have her measured at about 25 DLI on a 18/6 schedule with a 1.2-1.2 VPD.
Screenshot_20231130_110054_VIVOSUN.jpg

Vivosun has added a new 'Drying' mode to the recipe setup.
Screenshot_20231130_110113_VIVOSUN.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the water sensor patch/fix...
Screenshot_20231130_110128_VIVOSUN.jpg

As you can see, there is a big difference between the daytime high temp and the night low temp in my office!
Screenshot_20231130_110305_VIVOSUN.jpg
*NOTE* The break in the graph above early Tuesday morning is due to my internet, which sucks and drops out frequently. Everything still works, it just doesn't register on the app.
Now the bad. When I updated the app and the vGrow firmware the water sensor no longer appears to work. Also, before connecting I could touch the vGrow screen and it would display everything on the front. Once connected to the app, the touchscreen is no longer active. I found a place in the app to change the screen to 'always on', but I would like to be able to touch the screen to see the details. Both of these issues have been submitted to the dev team.

With the long Thanksgiving weekend Moira was pretty much ignored. When I checked on her earlier this week she was definitely getting a little light. I guess I really wasn't paying attention, because her swick base was empty! She was on seedling feed anyways (1.5g/G). I mixed up a gallon of early veg (3g/G) and top-watered her a little in a circle around the stem. Then I re-filled her swick base. I can't wait until they fix the water sensor so the app can let me know when the water is low. Until then, I'll check her every couple of days.

#vivosun #lovewhatyougrow

Not specific to the grow box, but does planting a SWICK in its final home from sprout create issues with feed strength, since you're watering into the future?
That's exactly what I was thinking before I saw her res was dry. I'll just need to keep an eye on her. I can always empty the res, top-water and refill with a stronger feed if needed.

Day# 16 from seed
Coco with MC 3g/G​

Today there was no reason to even open the vGrow and let out the heat it builds up. I opened the magnetic window in front instead. I can still take a peek at the plant and, even more, verify the water level with the manual indicator. She's still growing and has plenty of water for now. She's probably on her own until Monday, hopefully she greens up some.

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

Already with the rather luxurious features! Ron Popeil would be proud of that set and forget feature!
Unfortunately, the 'forget it' part comes naturally. Especially on the weekend and I'm not in my office :cool:

Day# 16 from seed
Coco with MC 3g/G​

Today there was no reason to even open the vGrow and let out the heat it builds up. I opened the magnetic window in front instead. I can still take a peek at the plant and, even more, verify the water level with the manual indicator. She's still growing and has plenty of water for now. She's probably on her own until Monday, hopefully she greens up some.

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow
This thing is so cool

Thanks Shed. Yea, enviromental controls would be nice. There are extra plug-ins for additional accessories but I think A/C or heat is up to the customer. Hopefully it will be good enough in most living spaces.
@InTheShed this from @VIVOSUN : The extra heating and cooling system is also under development and will be compatible with this version :)

This thing is so cool
Thanks Chase... and this is just the initial prototype :) Wait until you see some of the other hardware and software they're working on :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom