Mars Hydro FC-3000 Shines Down On Babygirl’s Sour Livers In DWC: Sponsored Grow

Quick question folks: when it comes to defoliating “unworthy” growth, is it fair to say I would defoliate it as if it were a tomato plant; i.e., pinching off “suckers” that rob growth from the primary stems where the buds will end up forming? Also, what's the “window” for doing this only during veg / veg + early flower, etc?

Reason being is that JD was over tonight and admiring Liv and he asked me if there was a reason I didn’t do that with a pot plant (it’s his first time growing pot, but he does it with his tomatoes). My response was because I don’t really know what to do in that regard and didn’t want to remove too much ot the wrong thing.

So, if it is akin to removing suckers from tomato plants (and its not, too late of a stage to do this) he said he would come over next week and we’ll sit down and go over my plant to remove that unworthy growth.

Thoughts?

P.S. the two I gave him that he’s growing in soil are doing GREAT - and I say its because of the @Mars Hydro TS600s I loaned him instead of the blurple he had.

P.S.S. I promise to catch up on everyone’s journals soon - tomorrow is family dinner at my sister’s new house; Christmas Day we’re not sure what we’re doing (its also our anniversary); so HOPEFULLY no later than Sunday!
Enjoy your family dinner and Merry Christmas!:circle-of-love:

Quick question folks: when it comes to defoliating “unworthy” growth, is it fair to say I would defoliate it as if it were a tomato plant; i.e., pinching off “suckers” that rob growth from the primary stems where the buds will end up forming? Also, what's the “window” for doing this only during veg / veg + early flower, etc?

Reason being is that JD was over tonight and admiring Liv and he asked me if there was a reason I didn’t do that with a pot plant (it’s his first time growing pot, but he does it with his tomatoes). My response was because I don’t really know what to do in that regard and didn’t want to remove too much ot the wrong thing.

So, if it is akin to removing suckers from tomato plants (and its not, too late of a stage to do this) he said he would come over next week and we’ll sit down and go over my plant to remove that unworthy growth.

Thoughts?

P.S. the two I gave him that he’s growing in soil are doing GREAT - and I say its because of the @Mars Hydro TS600s I loaned him instead of the blurple he had.

P.S.S. I promise to catch up on everyone’s journals soon - tomorrow is family dinner at my sister’s new house; Christmas Day we’re not sure what we’re doing (its also our anniversary); so HOPEFULLY no later than Sunday!
I don’t defol much at veg. I think someone told me the leaves are what is powering my plants, seems to be right. I focus on training in Veg.

I do quite a heavy defol at approx well not approx, at day 30 post flip. I think it is based on stretch finishing, look I don’t know why really, but that’s the advice I’ve had from the experts. I tend to just do what my guides say. I take off the popcorn and any branches that don’t look like they will be much.

I am DYING to defol my Mimosa EVO. I have been advised 21 days post first signs of flower should be okay. I’m counting down the days. Lolll

Thanks for the Xmas tag. I didn’t have time to respond this morning. I will be first to have Christmas Day, and I can’t wait to wish you Merry Christmas.

You really do add so much to this forum and I feel really lucky to have been able to get to know you. Xo

And gurllllllllll your bikkies are on fleeeeek!

Thoughts?

Good morning @cjsbabygirl313 hope you have a great day.
I don't grow tomatoes so I'm not sure the Two procedures cross.
Before I put the girls into the flower room I trim any small branches or matter below the light line.
Stuff I know won't amount to anything.
Then post flip and stretch. ( 3 weeks ish )
I do a mild version of the Same procedure.
Anything below the light line gets cleaned out.
I am a fan of more natural bushy growth.
And do not pluck any leaves or fuss over bud sites.
I also used larf or small growth for concentrates.
Some people like to really trim all smalls and grow a small number of main colas which is fine if you want that.
I like to let them do their thing with out a lot of trimming and defol.
I never have any issues with quality or quantity.
Just my 2 cents.

Stay safe
Bill

Thoughts?

I'd say yes it is like tommies. What you take makes the rest better. And what Bill said is how I approach it too it sounds. At the end of the day it really only matters to the individual. I do like large nugs though.

I wanted to take a moment to wish all my friends here at 420 the very Merriest Christmas and the Happiest New Year. May your holidays be filled with love, joy, warmth and health! Love you all!

09F53411-F03B-4872-990B-06BB70F8CE4B.jpeg

@420 Ceasar @Bill284 @bluter @Carcass
@charliewaffles
@Cola Monster @DeeBoy @Dr Fish @FelipeBlu @Grand Daddy Black
@InTheShed @Jack420 @Jon @Krissi1982
@LKABudMan @mk2SMOKEY @MochaBud
@Moony
@Paul Squiggle @PGA Caddie @PlanetJ
@ppm Charlie @Rexer @sneekymofo
@StoneOtter
@Tokin Roll @Trala @Verbalist
@West Hippie
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and your love ones ❤

Re your defoliation ?:

I remove suckers from my tomatoes to limit each plant to two leaders. This keeps them from putting too much energy into growing lots of stems and getting too messy.

With cannabis, the goal is to maximize the energy going towards buds that will get enough light on them to develop properly. Small buds in the dark get removed but big fan leaves that are still photosynthetic can stay because they generate the energy needed to develop good buds.

I believe @InTheShed can shed more light :) on this with some examples.

I don’t defol much at veg. I think someone told me the leaves are what is powering my plants, seems to be right. I focus on training in Veg.

I do quite a heavy defol at approx well not approx, at day 30 post flip. I think it is based on stretch finishing, look I don’t know why really, but that’s the advice I’ve had from the experts. I tend to just do what my guides say. I take off the popcorn and any branches that don’t look like they will be much.

I am DYING to defol my Mimosa EVO. I have been advised 21 days post first signs of flower should be okay. I’m counting down the days. Lolll
Me too..I have 3 more days. It's not to say I haven't pinched off a fan leaf or three

I hope you and the family have a wonderful Christmas, babygirl!

Hey all! After over a week I’m now mainly done with cookie jail (I have an order of 2 dozen unicorn themed birthday cookies I have to get done by Tuesday night; but it shouldn’t be TOO bad.

Thanks to everyone who answered my defoliation question; I’ll have to re-read those when I get a bit more time and decide on my plan of attack.

Thanks to all for the wonderful Christmas wishes! I hope all of you had a lovely Christmas and were able to spend time with family!

And yup, I’ll be getting a 4x4 tent here in the next 2 weeks or so - and it wont be soon enough; Liv is completely outgrowing her current 20”x36” space. I don’t remember my last auto being this damn big! I was hoping to maybe start another plant here soon, but I’m worried that she’s going to hog the 4x4 too! How the heck do ya’ll do it with multiple plants in a 4x4?!?!

Looking forward to New Year’s Eve - JD and my bestie are likely coming over so we can play cards and get totally schnockered like last year - even got a special drink planned for bestie and I this year (guys will likely be drinking beer and doing shots of Basil Hayden’s or something. Here’s what bestie and I are gonna have (we’ll be ising Rum Chata Peppermint Bark though):

A4F5BC08-E035-45A3-A5AF-8B4DD29C2ADF.jpeg

I’ll be back later to give ya’ll and update on Liv!

Back
Top Bottom