Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS 3000: Now Growing Original Genetics White Widows, Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush Clones & CBD Autos

Put it up high and run it full power
Hmmm. Methinks you are correct. I've got it down to about 12" and dimmed somewhat. I thought I would get them used to the sheer illumination of the thing. But I think I will go snd raise it now and turn it up. Makes my day.

Hi y'all.

Hey, do you think it is my imagination or could my clones be growing faster under my new light? I know mj can grow quickly; I've seen it with my own eyes. But this quickly? This is surprising to me how quickly they are recovering under this light.

20201113_063437.jpg

20201113_063558.jpg

20201113_063705.jpg

20201113_063838.jpg

See, I know it wont look like much to you, but to me the growth has been significant.

All my best,
~Magnus

Unless your electric bill is an issue, then lower it and use the dimmer!

If those are the ones I sent you, then it was Grape Krush rather than Purple Krush. Just for the sake of accuracy!

As Celt mentioned, they're called monstercrop clones.
Hey Shed. This must be one of the posts you mentioned to me. To be brutally honest, I completely missed it. It sometimes happens for me that I dont get my Alberta, where no little number pops up beside my little bell icon above. This is not the first post I have missed this way.

Yes, that was Grape Krush and not Purple Krush. My mistake while writing too quickly and not thinking about what I am doing. I'm very glad I took clones of each of these plants I grew out last grow (except the Bubba kush).

As for the light I did decide to lower it and use the dimmer. I'm going to kind of play it by ear with watching, observing and taking mental notes on how the light affects the plants at different stages of life.

Again, I'm very sorry I missed your post, Shed. Usually I am quite diligent about addressing every post that comes in. Didnt mean to slight you in any way, if you might have been thinking that.

All my best,
~Magnus

Good lights make a difference, back off on the nitrogen just a bit. Looks like a bit of clawing going on.
Thanks, Penny. That clawing occurred during the brief period of overfeeding. I didnt realize how fragile clones were. I was thinking of them as being as hardy as their mother - wrong! And consequently gave them too strong nutes. That's when the clawing happened.

I just wanted to make sure you had your strain names right! Of course, keeping the electric bill down can be good too. :)
I am not sure how much electricity it will cost me. I know it draws 450w from the wall, but I'm not good enough with math to be able to figure out how much that translates into in actual dinero. But it's all led, so surely it wont cost that much. I hope.

All my best,
~Magnus

450 watts is 450 watts whether it's an LED or anything else! Dimmers save money.
Agreed fully. Whst I was trying to point out is that with my terrible math skills I have mo way of understanding how much that 450w draw is costing me per month.

All my best,
~Magnus

Hey Magnus! 450 watts for one hour is using almost half a kwh. 500w would be half a kwh you see, so your fans etc probably bring you very close to that... Say 540 hrs a month when light is on 18 hrs/day. So half of 540 is 270kwh used per month. If your electric is 10 cents/kwh this will be 27 dollars for example. 12/12 would be 360hrs a month or 180kwh, so 18 dollars. Not sure what your actual price /kwh is but that's the gist of it.

Hey Magnus! 450 watts for one hour is using almost half a kwh. 500w would be half a kwh you see, so your fans etc probably bring you very close to that... Say 540 hrs a month when light is on 18 hrs/day. So half of 540 is 270kwh used per month. If your electric is 10 cents/kwh this will be 27 dollars for example. 12/12 would be 360hrs a month or 180kwh, so 18 dollars. Not sure what your actual price /kwh is but that's the gist of it.
Wow. Thanks so much. I'm now more confused than ever!

:rofl: :rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::rofl:

All my best,
~Magnus

Hi all.

My clones are all turning light green. Remember that I almost killed them by giving them too many nutes before. But do these light green leaves indicate that it is time to begin feeding them again?

The pics dont really show how light they have turned.

20201117_122430.jpg

20201117_122610.jpg

So what do y'all think?

All my best,
~Magnus

Clones are mature plants, so as soon as they have a good root system, feed them as if they were in full veg. I just fed these:

the same strength nutes as these:

Thanks, Shed. Good to know. Their roots must not have been developed enough with all the uproar from the move and all, maybe contributing to their over feeding early on. After that blunder I have been reluctant to give them any nutes until being sure they were ready.

So I guess they are ready now.

Thanks so much,
~Magnus

G'day all.

Well my clones are past the danger spot from their yellowing leaves. Since I caught it so early I lost only 2 leaves from all four plants.

Typical of monster clones, they are beginning to sprout colas from all over. Sweet heaven - YES!

Here are some pics for you.

20201120_142756.jpg

20201120_142813.jpg

20201120_142828.jpg

20201120_142842.jpg

There they are. They are kind of really taking off these past days. I think it must be the new light. Gone are my days of budget lights. They simply arent worth it.

So hope this finds you all well and enjoying the onslaught of winter. I will upload a few pics to show what our weather has been like.

This shot is of the N. Saskatchewan River as it flows through Rocky Mountain House. Above, million dollar mansions line the upper cliff. All these photos are from this area, where I take Greta each morning for her run.

Early morning at the river trail.

La brume.

20201119_133744.jpg

Le chien.

20201016_142355.jpg

So there you go. Autumn in Rocky Mountain House!

All my best,
~Magnus

Monster crops are looking super, Greta seems to have settled in nicely
Thanks, Penny. Yes, Greta is doing mostly fine but she gets bored in the trailer and whines and whines for my attention. This is new behavior for her. I'm trying to find another dog as a playmate for her but with my friend Janice and her two dogs here (and cat!) There just isnt any room for a puppy. I'd like at least one of Janice's dogs to be gone, first. So I suppose Greta will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom