Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

Day 49 Flip

Well, it's been 7 weeks of flower of a 9-11 week strain. Hard to believe I could possibly have another 4 weeks to go. I look forward to these buds fattening up :lot-o-toke:

I gave her a Growth Energy feeding 5 days ago. She'll be ready for 1/4 strength Transplant water in a couple days unless someone has an idea of something I should do different.

6-25_1_1.jpg
6-25_7_1.jpg
6-25_6_1.jpg
6-25_5_.jpg
6-25_2_1.jpg
6-25_3_1.jpg
6-25_4_.jpg

Day 49 Flip

Well, it's been 7 weeks of flower of a 9-11 week strain. Hard to believe I could possibly have another 4 weeks to go. I look forward to these buds fattening up :lot-o-toke:

I gave her a Growth Energy feeding 5 days ago. She'll be ready for 1/4 strength Transplant water in a couple days unless someone has an idea of something I should do different.

6-25_1_1.jpg
6-25_7_1.jpg
6-25_6_1.jpg
6-25_5_.jpg
6-25_2_1.jpg
6-25_3_1.jpg
6-25_4_.jpg

A great harvest is in your future, for sure. Congrats!

Is your grow space a bit dry and perhaps around 80-82 degrees? Or was it that way for a few days? The only reason I ask is because the leaves right under the light show signs of stress (and crazy resin) but those on the perimeter do not, leading me to think you've either got a hot spot (but no bleaching!!) or the temps/humidity issue. Could be a bit of both.

It's little things like that that make the difference between amazingly good and the next level up, which is even more amazingly good.

A great harvest is in your future, for sure. Congrats!

Is your grow space a bit dry and perhaps around 80-82 degrees? Or was it that way for a few days? The only reason I ask is because the leaves right under the light show signs of stress (and crazy resin) but those on the perimeter do not, leading me to think you've either got a hot spot (but no bleaching!!) or the temps/humidity issue. Could be a bit of both.

It's little things like that that make the difference between amazingly good and the next level up, which is even more amazingly good.

About the 3rd week flower, I raised the light to 24" because I thought I had an issue then. I left it at this height. The buds have grown up to it, so it's about 21"-22" above canopy right now. The light draws about 280 watts from the outlet.

My remote temp/humidity sensor is at canopy level with a piece of cardboard covered in reflective tape covering the sensor.

Just checked the highs and lows. 75F / 51% high, 69F / 43% low

I have a 6" fan at the top of the cabinet blowing down over the LED at an angle, and a 4" fan at the bottom blowing up through the canopy.

The only thing I can think of doing is add another 6" fan and blow it directly at center of canopy. Maybe there is not enough air flow there.

The center of the screen is also the bottom of the plant if it had grown vertical, if that makes any difference.

I may also have to accept the fact I'm at the limits of what this cabinet is capable of. I'm going to run one or two more Jock Horror girls, then I'm switching to a strain from CBD Crew. I need some pain relief. Hoping SweetSue will help me make some CCO. By then, I may ditch the cabinet, and turn the entire spare bedroom into a flower room. I just want to learn what I'm doing before I make that commitment.

Your numbers seem good so it may have been a temporary heat issue. I had that happen last grow with Huck Kush. Just two days of higher heat and the leaves never did look the same again. But jaunt as I did it looks like you have some crazy good nugs filling in.

I read somewhere else that you don't smoke because of paranoia etc. Have you tried the black pepper fix?

I only smoke a couple times a year. The only way I can tolerate THC is if I have alcohol in me first. I'm not a big drinker either. The combination of the two gets me pretty messed up and I don't like to do that often.

I have read your thread about black pepper. Honestly, I have not tried it yet. My anxiety is instant and 100%. One hit is all it takes to ruin a night. Sucks, because I used to be a major pothead until I turned about 18-20 years old. Then is was like a light switch. One day I just couldn't do it anymore.

I like being sober, so I don't mind at all. It's not uncommon for beer to just sit in the fridge until someone else drinks it.

I grow for my friends, and the love of the plant.

I have chronic back pain. So, I'm thinking if I'm going to put in this effort to grow, it may as well be medicinal. My skills are just not there yet. I'm gonna learn to use the kit and learn to control my environment first. Then I will be able to concentrate on making CCO (concentrated cannabis oil) and tinctures. Maybe I could smoke a 1:1 THC/CBD strain like CBD Nordle, or 1:20+ strain like CBD Therapy

I just have a lot of studying to do. I will try the black pepper when I harvest in a few weeks. I don't care if it ruins one night for me. I will smoke some Hi-Brix

Day 35 Clones Transplanting

I bought new containers for the clones yesterday. They are 1.75 gallon. I think the original containers are .75 gallon. They were not labeled when I bought them. The new pots should keep the clones happy until i chose one to transplant into a 20 gallon fabric pot when the flower room becomes available.

This is what the root ball looked like, so time for a transplant.
6-26_7_.jpg

I kept adding soil to the bottom of the container and carefully set the plant in it to check the height. I wanted to bury as much of the trunk as I could.
6-26_4_.jpg
6-26_3_.jpg

When I was satisfied with the height, I spooned soil around the pot and very gently packed it down. Then I removed the plant.
6-26_5_.jpg

A generous amount of Roots on the bottom and dusted around the sides.
6-26_6_.jpg

Using the Sword of Truth I made 4 vertical scores down the side /obscure?
6-26_2_.jpg
6-26_8_.jpg

Then I placed her in the new pot.
6-26_9_.jpg

Topped her off with new soil.
6-26_10_.jpg

Then she got dunked in 10ML Transplant, 0.5ML Tea, and 1 gallon water.
6-26_11_.jpg

Her are both of the clones draining after their drench.
6-26_12_.jpg

Thanks for showing how you do your transplants mason. It's nice to get a visual to remember it. I don't think I used near as much roots as you did. I hope I did it right. Mine have taken off so I guess I did something right.

Cheers mason

:roorrip:

I'm sure you did great. As far as how much Roots to use, your guess is as good as mine. We'll just have to learn to use this tool as time goes on. Maybe I wasted product.

Thanks for stopping by...

About the 3rd week flower, I raised the light to 24" because I thought I had an issue then. I left it at this height. The buds have grown up to it, so it's about 21"-22" above canopy right now. The light draws about 280 watts from the outlet.

My remote temp/humidity sensor is at canopy level with a piece of cardboard covered in reflective tape covering the sensor.

Just checked the highs and lows. 75F / 51% high, 69F / 43% low

I'm curious why you are reflecting the light and the heat that goes along with the light away from your temperature sensor.

For national weather reports it is traditional to measure in the shade.

For the weather your plant experiences, it directly experiences the heat of the light at canopy level.

- - I might be doing it wrong, but I hang my temp/humidity sensor directly from my light.

I'm curious why you are reflecting the light and the heat that goes along with the light away from your temperature sensor.

For the weather your plant experiences, it directly experiences the heat of the light at canopy level.

- - I might be doing it wrong, but I hang my temp/humidity sensor directly from my light.

Everything I've read about the temp sensor said to shade it from the direct light. I'm assuming because plants can regulate heat to an extent kind of like humans can from sweating. The sensor will continue to heat giving inaccurate readings.

Think of walking on concrete sidewalk compared to walking on grass; they experience the same radiant energy but will record different temperatures.

I could be wrong too.

Is your grow space a bit dry and perhaps around 80-82 degrees? Or was it that way for a few days? The only reason I ask is because the leaves right under the light show signs of stress (and crazy resin) but those on the perimeter do not, leading me to think you've either got a hot spot (but no bleaching!!) or the temps/humidity issue. Could be a bit of both. more amazingly good.

Your numbers seem good so it may have been a temporary heat issue. I had that happen last grow with Huck Kush. Just two days of higher heat and the leaves never did look the same again. But jaunt as I did it looks like you have some crazy good nugs filling in.

OK. You guys got me do some thinking. I was being thick headed and relied on the temp sensor too much.

It's obvious I have a temperature problem. So no matter how much I think I'm right, I'm not.

I did some adjusting of the circulation fan. I left the 6" at the top blowing down. I moved the 4" to canopy level blowing across straight into the temp sensor.

For some reason I cannot upload photos right now.

Blowing canopy air directly into the temp sensor did not effect the reading. Holding steady at 75F. However, when I place my hand there it is noticeably cooler.

Perhaps I had a hot spot in the center of the canopy? The sensor is located 1" off the wall and 2-3" above the canopy.

Tomorrow, I will buy another 6" fan and mount it to the wall blowing across canopy. Will put the 4" back on the floor blowing up into the canopy.

Thank you all for making me think. I'm not sure if this will solve my problem, but at least I'm not ignoring it now.

Sometimes my bell has to be rung a few times for me to hear it... :rofl:

Nuthin wrong with good ventilation across the canopy. :slide:

I've always set my RH/Temp meter on the soil of a pot, in the shade, nowhere near the canopy. :laugh: So .... yeah.

You have a marvelous looking plant there - dealing with uneven canopy temps is quite apparently small stuff in this particular run - nothing that requires any immediate fixing. But fiddle around with it some, anyway. I'm rethinking my own ventilation, looking for a largish oscillating fan for above the canopy - enough to rustle leaves on each pass, but not blowing steadily on any particular area - and another blower-style fan for ground level circulation.

You're using a single LED panel, yes?, so you're probably getting some beaming in the middle too, as Doc surmised.

Small stuff. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The next couple weeks are going to be worth watching! :thumb:

Thank you everyone for the encouragement... :circle-of-love:

Flower girl was ready for water so...

5ML Transplant and 3 gallons water down the top. Everyone got DeStress. Clones are adjusting to their new homes nicely. They are perking up already.

I've noticed the smell from the flower girl has changed over the last week or two. She's starting to smell more like I remember. Much more pleasant. A lot less of the heavy diesel smell I was getting early on.

Day 54 Flip

Hey Doc?

I just received the WayAhead10X in the mail today... Thank you

Would she benefit from a spray?

As far as the stress she's showing on the leaves, I don't know what else to do. I imagine the damage has been done. There is plenty of airflow over the canopy and temps never go over 75F. Humidity rock steady at 50%. Night temps are 69F/50%

It had to have been caused by lack of airflow over the canopy. I check my high/low every day. Have never noticed a spike in temps, only humidity. That's why around week 2 flip, I lowered the temp setting and reduced the speed on my exhaust. Now my exhaust fan runs 24hrs a day.

6-30_1_.jpg
6-30_3_.jpg
6-30_2_.jpg
6-30_4_.jpg
6-30_5_.jpg

Day 54 Flip

Hey Doc?

I just received the WayAhead10X in the mail today... Thank you

Would she benefit from a spray?

As far as the stress she's showing on the leaves, I don't know what else to do. I imagine the damage has been done. There is plenty of airflow over the canopy and temps never go over 75F. Humidity rock steady at 50%. Night temps are 69F/50%

It had to have been caused by lack of airflow over the canopy. I check my high/low every day. Have never noticed a spike in temps, only humidity. That's why around week 2 flip, I lowered the temp setting and reduced the speed on my exhaust. Now my exhaust fan runs 24hrs a day.

6-30_1_.jpg
6-30_3_.jpg
6-30_2_.jpg
6-30_4_.jpg
6-30_5_.jpg

Let it dry out, give it a good water flush. Really flush it out. The next day spray with 1 oz Brix and 1/4 oz Wayahead per quart.

The buds look fantastic and resinous. You're going to love the harvest. Anyone would! These little things with the few leaves, etc. are just opportunities to improve from great to extraordinary.

Man, this is, as the saying goes, to die for. :cheesygrinsmiley: Beautiful plant! :love:

6-30_4_.jpg

:thumb:

Man, this is, as the saying goes, to die for. :cheesygrinsmiley: Beautiful plant!

Thank you Graytail. It means a lot to get compliments from the more experienced forum members.

And thank you Doc. I entered this plant in the POTM contest and received 4 votes from anonymous forum members and 2 from people I know personally. That says a LOT considering the competition and this being my first indoor grow.

Back
Top Bottom