Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

No doubt the buds have exceeded my expectations. I love to just sit and look at them and smell them. My favorite part of this grow was not having to concern myself with PH and TDS meters and testing runoff. Before I discovered the kit, I considered super soil. I didn't like the idea of having to deal with pests though.

There is a bit of a learning curve with the kit, but is still extremely easy to use. Kind of like working with the basics of bread. Water, flour, sugar, eggs, etc... Very simple ingredients that can be used in so many different ways, but still need to learn how they work together.

I sampled a little nug for the 4th. I washed it in plain water and let it dry for 4 days. I used fresh ground black pepper to see if it would help with the anxiety I get from smoking. It worked great. No paranoia. The high was very cerebral. So clean, it felt more like an alcohol buzz. And boy, did I get stupid... lol I couldn't focus on anything. That was after 3 hits from a bowl. The smoke was very smooth. Never came close to coughing. Cannot wait to sample it after the cure.

I wonder if you'll need the pepper. HB product is usually pretty good when it comes to the paranoid stuff.

There is a bit of a learning curve with the kit, but is still extremely easy to use. Kind of like working with the basics of bread. Water, flour, sugar, eggs, etc... Very simple ingredients that can be used in so many different ways, but still need to learn how they work together.

:thumb: I once used a similar analogy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

What would it take to get a kit Doc?

:welcome: to :420:

You'll love the kit. I hope your considering creating a journal of your grow. Would love to see what you can do with it...

Some helpful links for you
How To Use The Hi-Brix Kit
Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures
In The Lab With Doc Bud

Feel free to post any pictures of your grow area or any questions you have here. Or, to meet other Hi-Brix growers, you can introduce yourself in the treads I linked above.

Happy growing...

Day 65 Flip

Growth seems to have slowed a little bit. Her last water was 6 days ago, and the very top of the soil is still damp. I think Friday will be perfect for harvest... :cheer:

I got the itch to do something, so I mixed a batch of WayAhead + Brix and gave her a good spraying.

I had leftovers, so I sprayed the veg girls with it. I haven't heard of anyone else spraying WA in veg. May have been a mistake, but we'll see what happens.

Last pics before harvest...
7-11_2_1.jpg
7-11_3_1.jpg
7-11_1_1.jpg

Day 65 Flip

Growth seems to have slowed a little bit. Her last water was 6 days ago, and the very top of the soil is still damp. I think Friday will be perfect for harvest... :cheer:

I got the itch to do something, so I mixed a batch of WayAhead + Brix and gave her a good spraying.

I had leftovers, so I sprayed the veg girls with it. I haven't heard of anyone else spraying WA in veg. May have been a mistake, but we'll see what happens.

Last pics before harvest...
7-11_2_1.jpg
7-11_3_1.jpg
7-11_1_1.jpg

Buds look amazing! Congrats. I think you just grew the best weed you've ever had. Not positive about that, but I'm pretty sure.

Day 142 Harvest

The big day finally came Friday. :cheer:

3 hours of screwing around and the buds were washed and hung to dry.

770 grams wet, so I guessing around 5 - 5.5 ounces dry. Not bad at all for a first run.

After inspecting the root ball, I learned the pot was way too big for the size of the plant. Of course, I was hoping for a bigger plant... lol I don't think I could ever grow a plant big enough in my cabinet to really take advantage of a pot so big.

I was over-feeding the plant. I assumed double if not triple a 7 gallon pot feeding since I was in a 20 gallon pot. There is no way the plant was using that much food.

Doc, you suggested maybe my soil became salty and flat towards the end. Maybe over-feeding was the cause of the stress my leaves showed?

OK... here are the pics

7-15_2_.jpg
7-15_3_.jpg
7-15_4_.jpg
7-15_5_.jpg
7-15_6_.jpg
7-15_7_.jpg
7-15_8_.jpg
7-15_9_.jpg
7-15_1_.jpg
7-15_10_.jpg
7-15_11_.jpg
7-15_12_.jpg

Day 60 Veg

Going to keep this journal open for another grow.

Most everyone knows already the transplant to the final container didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

Doc has a plan for her to get her back on track.

Let the soil out completely.
A couple cups of water daily to keep her hydrated while the soil dries out.
Rescue Drench when pot is dry.
10 Days from today, spray with Brix/WayAhead.

I gave her a good pruning as recommended. Will let her veg until I can get her as big as I think the cabinet will allow. No screen this time. Will use LST and maybe some super cropping to train her.

BEFORE PRUNING
DSCN033713.JPG

AFTER
DSCN033912.jpg

Day 60 Veg

Going to keep this journal open for another grow.

Most everyone knows already the transplant to the final container didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

Doc has a plan for her to get her back on track.

Let the soil out completely.
A couple cups of water daily to keep her hydrated while the soil dries out.
Rescue Drench when pot is dry.
10 Days from today, spray with Brix/WayAhead.

I gave her a good pruning as recommended. Will let her veg until I can get her as big as I think the cabinet will allow. No screen this time. Will use LST and maybe some super cropping to train her.

BEFORE PRUNING
DSCN033713.JPG

AFTER
DSCN033912.jpg

Now, be lifting that pot daily and gauge the weight of it each day. When you start to see a bit of wilt then do the drench! Notice the weight of the container when it's really dry in order to help you gauge it next time. I think we'll see a nice turnaround.

Now, be lifting that pot daily and gauge the weight of it each day. When you start to see a bit of wilt then do the drench! Notice the weight of the container when it's really dry in order to help you gauge it next time. I think we'll see a nice turnaround.

Easy to weigh that water. I was paranoid about over watering so I lifted the pot with fresh soil, gave me a very easy way to gauge water content. Might be hard to weigh the pot if it's scroged in veg, yeah?

I've been following along, Mason, but I'm not sure about the transplant conditions. :hmmmm:

For instance, how wet were each of the pots? What soil did you use for the big pot - new, old, etc? And I'm sure you did but it's worth asking - you scored and dusted the roots, yes?

Going from 2 gallons into ... 20?(forgot) is a bit of a leap, so it's important to have the soil conditions right. It'll be fine - I'd just like to see if we can figure out what went wrong in the first place. We should get Duggans attention, too - he does those big upcans as a habit.

Back
Top Bottom