Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

She's looking a lot happier today. Temps at 76F - 55%RH

I top dressed about 1" new soil last night. Noticed her root ball was slightly above the new soil level. I gave her the couple cups water that Doc said to give her and notice exposed roots. So, another inch of dirt for the girl. Guess I didn't get her as deep as I wanted when I transplanted and didn't notice.

There is a close up shot of the leaves. The edges look jagged. I know it's related to the stress she's been under, just thought I'd throw it out there.

DSCN034210.jpg
DSCN034414.jpg

:love: how old is this beautiful girl again ? :circle-of-love:

She's a clone from the girl I just harvested. Today is day 61 from hitting the soil. Had a little setback from the transplant, but I'm determined to grow a monster. I was going to scrog her, but decided to go a little more traditional. When she's fully recovered, I'll start tying her down and learn how to do some supercropping. I'm just learning and I don't want to get stuck in a rut of doing the same thing over and over. Hoping to try something different every grow until I find my "style".

don't worry I have done my experiences and failed in some lol
I learned that hydroponics isn't for me, ph and all that , just pisses me off.
I do LST for my plants.
But I want to try scrog, but by pot and not a hole tent.

She's looking a lot happier today. Temps at 76F - 55%RH

I top dressed about 1" new soil last night. Noticed her root ball was slightly above the new soil level. I gave her the couple cups water that Doc said to give her and notice exposed roots. So, another inch of dirt for the girl. Guess I didn't get her as deep as I wanted when I transplanted and didn't notice.

There is a close up shot of the leaves. The edges look jagged. I know it's related to the stress she's been under, just thought I'd throw it out there.

DSCN034210.jpg
DSCN034414.jpg

Spray DeStress at half strength....very light mist right when lights come on. Your plant is about to take off.

It's been 9 days since the transplant. I continue to patiently wait for the pot to dry out. I've never used the lift method before on the 20 gallon to tell if pot is dry, so I have no point of reference.

I've been sticking my fingers down as deep in the soil as I can to feel for moisture. Tonight, at about 4" deep, the soil feels like it does when being stored. Moist, but not wet. So, I assume I have at least 3 more days of waiting. See is still fairly wet around the rootball where I have been giving her a couple cups water every day, so I'm skipping the watering tonight.

Sprayed last night with 1/2 strength DeStress. The leaves don't look normal yet, but she continues to improve every day. And, she's growing. I can tell she's filling out after the pruning I gave her last week.

Doc... I need to start training her pretty soon. Do you think she's stable enough to start LST? I don't want to stress her anymore than necessary.

DSCN034615.jpg
DSCN034515.jpg
DSCN03478.jpg

I hope doc can help you get back on track mason. Wish I could be of some assistance. One thing I do know is that these plants are resilient as hell. I took some male plants out to the compost a couple of months ago. I had to kill off a small plant growing out of one of the ventilation holes. I tore the plants up and buried them before putting them in the compost too. I have a feeling doc and the gang (sounds like a motown group :rofl:) will get you back on track soon.

Cheers mason

I hope doc can help you get back on track mason. Wish I could be of some assistance. One thing I do know is that these plants are resilient as hell. I took some male plants out to the compost a couple of months ago. I had to kill off a small plant growing out of one of the ventilation holes. I tore the plants up and buried them before putting them in the compost too. I have a feeling doc and the gang (sounds like a motown group :rofl:) will get you back on track soon.

Cheers mason

Thanks Noob...

What Doc has been telling me to do makes sense now that I can see how the plant is responding. I feel I'm learning a lot now. I'm excited to grow this one out different than the last. I wish I could let her grow tall, but I'd have to modify the way my light hangs. Not really that big of a deal to do, and I could gain another foot or more. As it is now, I can only raise the light another 6". So I'm just going to do some LST and spread her out a little.

Thanks Noob...

What Doc has been telling me to do makes sense now that I can see how the plant is responding. I feel I'm learning a lot now. I'm excited to grow this one out different than the last. I wish I could let her grow tall, but I'd have to modify the way my light hangs. Not really that big of a deal to do, and I could gain another foot or more. As it is now, I can only raise the light another 6". So I'm just going to do some LST and spread her out a little.

Couple a things Mason,

The plant is obviously responding. This is very good!

Instead of dribbling the water around the rootball, try to get it evenly over the whole top of the soil, just to keep it looking slightly moist. Keep waiting a couple more days and then do what we talked about with the drench...can't remember where we talked about it, so if you have any questions ask away.

I don't know much about LST. Some of the other growers are really quite good at it, so they can offer more help in that area than I can. You'll find the stems are pretty strong, especially after this drought. Regarding the drought pay close attention to the plant's posture and turgor over the next week or so as it goes through the Wet/dry watering cycle. You'll see massive new growth after the big drench, just don't water too much down the top.....just slight moisture in the top inch or so, not enough to come close to watering the plant.

Well, I opened the cabinet at lights on and she looked 99% normal and happy.

I really had no choice. I had to go 50 shades of grey on her. Wished I could have started training her earlier, but I was worried she was already under too much stress. I was pretty aggressive. Went straight for the safe word.

Even though I'm tying her down, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to change the wire hangers for my light out with a smaller set. Luckily I have a brand new set.

From here on out, I'll have to do some supercropping. The one and only time I tried before, I broke the stem. But I aint a scared.

I watered her tonight just like you said Doc. Two cups all over the top of the soil.

DSCN034916.jpg
DSCN034814.jpg
DSCN035011.jpg

Well, I opened the cabinet at lights on and she looked 99% normal and happy.

I really had no choice. I had to go 50 shades of grey on her. Wished I could have started training her earlier, but I was worried she was already under too much stress. I was pretty aggressive. Went straight for the safe word.

Even though I'm tying her down, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to change the wire hangers for my light out with a smaller set. Luckily I have a brand new set.

From here on out, I'll have to do some supercropping. The one and only time I tried before, I broke the stem. But I aint a scared.

I watered her tonight just like you said Doc. Two cups all over the top of the soil.

DSCN034916.jpg
DSCN034814.jpg
DSCN035011.jpg

Feeling better about it?

Feeling better about it?

Oh yeah... 4 Days after the transplant I was considering culling her. It's amazing what these plants can do in this soil.

Your plant is all happy again Mason! Very nice.

I owe her a bacon wrapped filet after what I put her through... lol

Hey I see the fake leaf shine coming back on the leaves Mason. Looks like Doc has proven his knowledge once again. St. DocBud, patron saint of high brix growers! He performs miracles every day.

I checked on her this morning just before I went to work. 8 hours after tying her down, all the tops were already reaching for the light. Those were some pretty big limbs I tied down too. Again, I'm amazed at what these plants can do.

:thanks:

Awright! :blunt: It's hookin' up and getiin' ready to run!

You should be able to trust 'er now. The next time it looks wilted, it should be because it's actually dry. :laugh:

Sorry for the daily update, but wanted everyone to see Doc's magic in slow motion.

Gave her 2 cups water and tried to lift the pot. I'm not getting any feedback when lifting. Just cant tell. I will pay attention to wet/dry weight in the future so I know the difference. So, I poked my finger down the soil again. Still feels a little moist 4" down, as expected.

Look at this... :cheer:

24 hrs later and all the tops reaching for the light.

Here's a before and after.

DSCN034814.jpg
DSCN035113.jpg

Easy on the water though, hoss. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It can find its own now - let it dry out - no more spoon feeding. When it gets to bloom you can pamper it again, but it has to explore the whole pot now. If you want to help it along, another diluted DeStress will punch up root growth a little, and when the color goes strong and vibrant(probably in a week or less), it should enjoy a nice Brix foliar with the next drench.

How far away is the next watering, do you think? I'm guessing another week? We should get a board going ... Which day will it wilt? :laugh:

:Namaste:

Day 67 Veg

She's really starting to fill out. Had to tie down a couple more tops last night.

Stopped watering the 2 cups daily and sprayed 1/2 strength DeStress last night also.

Starting to feel the pot getting lighter, but can still feel a little moisture about 4" down in the soil. I'm thinking the big drench will be sometime this weekend. Leaves didn't look quite as perky when lights came on tonight. It's possible she's right on the edge of running out of water.

I have some more pruning to do. Need to pull some clones before I put her to flower. Been thinking how to get more headroom out of my light. I think I can get another 1.5 feet. I got the light 24" above her head now.

I'll probably have to flip her to flower a few days after the drench and Brix/WayAhead foliar.

/I want 12' ceilings... :drool:

DSCN035413.jpg
DSCN035211.jpg
DSCN035311.jpg

Day 67 Veg

She's really starting to fill out. Had to tie down a couple more tops last night.

Stopped watering the 2 cups daily and sprayed 1/2 strength DeStress last night also.

Starting to feel the pot getting lighter, but can still feel a little moisture about 4" down in the soil. I'm thinking the big drench will be sometime this weekend. Leaves didn't look quite as perky when lights came on tonight. It's possible she's right on the edge of running out of water.

I have some more pruning to do. Need to pull some clones before I put her to flower. Been thinking how to get more headroom out of my light. I think I can get another 1.5 feet. I got the light 24" above her head now.

I'll probably have to flip her to flower a few days after the drench and Brix/WayAhead foliar.

/I want 12' ceilings... :drool:

DSCN035413.jpg
DSCN035211.jpg
DSCN035311.jpg

Looking good...nice thick stem. Why did you stop the 2 cups daily?

The reason I had you doing that was so the upper part of the container didn't go dry days before the lower part. Keep an eye on it, if you see any signs of wilting, drench it pronto. A nice, long soak, with a slow pouring of drench down the top.

Then things will really start to go.

Back
Top Bottom